The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Server Jobs available NOW

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Some interesting vacancies available on ESO website...

xtb6gPI.png
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all those Senior and more importantly, Lead roles that are vacant.

Just looking, it's for other projects as well as ESO so that possibly explains that.
    Edited by BNOC on November 28, 2019 10:33AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great opportunity for all those people who are certain they could do a better job than ZOS. Now you can!
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this taken from the ESO website or the ZOS website? @Bam_Bam

Because ZOS as I understand it has another project in development.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps there have been a few sackings over the EU debacle too.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    That list is from here: https://jobs.zenimax.com/jobs?department=&located=&location=11

Most of these jobs are for a new IP that just started putting the team together, under the lead of Ben Jones. Not all though, some of the jobs are also directed directly at ESO. For example this job Lead Server Engineer is for ESO accoreding to the overview.
    Edited by Alcast on November 28, 2019 11:18AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess they are making another mobile game that looks excessively disgusting then.
    PC|EU
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were smart they would hire 5 server engineers have them tagteam the eso server and update it. Then spread them out to other projects. If they did they still have the best MMO out now, and people like me would reinstall the game and play again. I can't play competitive in lag and everyone I know feels the same.
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Look at all those Senior and more importantly, Lead roles that are vacant.

Just looking, it's for other projects as well as ESO so that possibly explains that.

Not really surprising considering they have a new IP in the works.

Automatically assuming this relates to the ESOs team is a very bad and naive idea.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummmm ESO and competitive lololol. There is absolutely nothing competitive or hard in ESO.

Go play a FROM SOFTWARE game (SOLO) Without summoning in half your friends and platinum the game then come talk competitive.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    That list is from here: https://jobs.zenimax.com/jobs?department=&located=&location=11

Most of these jobs are for a new IP that just started putting the team together, under the lead of Ben Jones. Not all though, some of the jobs are also directed directly at ESO. For example this job Lead Server Engineer is for ESO accoreding to the overview.

Oh dear god why did you have to tell these people....

OKAY BEFORE ANYONE STARTS SCREAMING AND PANICKING WITH UNFOUNDED JOY, IT WILL NOT BE ESO 2.

[snip]

New IP likely is a completely new title that has nothing to do with any of bethesda's previous works. Likely something Zenimax wants to call its own.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on November 29, 2019 4:16PM
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO2
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No experience necessary. :D
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    ESO2

By the divines, it's already happening. :cold_sweat:
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess they are making another mobile game that looks excessively disgusting then.

Mobile game huh?
    ygw7NBA.gif
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commander-Keen.jpg
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx for the clarification. I’d suggest OP edit their post accordingly as it is misleading.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nyladreas wrote: »
    ESO2

What? Really, we are getting ESO2? It is already happening, omg!
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

Mobile game huh?
    ygw7NBA.gif

She definitely needs to be featured in the next expansion in a role of Argoinan Maid heheh
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, so anybody that's used the word "incompetent" to describe the devs over the past month, feel free to step right up and show us your expertise.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, so anybody that's used the word "incompetent" to describe the devs over the past month, feel free to step right up and show us your expertise.

Indeed, the forum is full of server engineers, I bet they all have the requirements for Lead Server Engi. What a great opportunity to directly have the influence in fixing game performance issues :D

Qualifications
    5+ years of software development experience
    Proficient in C++
    Experience with network game client/server architecture
    Experience with SQL
    Solid architecture skills and attention to detail
    Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
    Strong debugging skills

Preferred Skills
    Previous management experience
    Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
    MMO development experience
    Experience in a "Live" environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
    Experience with Linux development
    Experience working with AMQP platforms
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    ESO2

What? Really, we are getting ESO2? It is already happening, omg!

ESO2 is going to be a mobile game so I hear! 😂
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No experience necessary. :D

We all need to start somewhere.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »

Indeed, the forum is full of server engineers, I bet they all have the requirements for Lead Server Engi. What a great opportunity to directly have the influence in fixing game performance issues :D

It's rather easy to criticize the other's work.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New approach to EU server revealed...

ivWAnZz.jpg
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the EU data-center looks like THAT we are good to go. :D
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/snippedimage

Hey man... if that priest(orthodox?) could bless my servers and ensure no hardware failures for 20 years I would totally pay him to splash magic water all over my business.

• JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/snippedimage

Hey man... if that priest(orthodox?) could bless my servers and ensure no hardware failures for 20 years I would totally pay him to splash magic water all over my business.

The intrepid priest on the video (!) is trying to cast Breath of Life on the EU servers, but the lagfield they generate is so strong that at this point blank range he is moving so slowly that it looks like a still screenshot. BoL animation will take him approximately 70,000 to 840,000 years to finish, depending on how good he is at animation cancelling, so your servers will have to wait.
    But it could be worse. Imagine he tried to destroy the source of the lagfield, which expands from Frankfurt datacentre and causes measurable redshift as far as Coblenz, and chose Daaaaark Flaaaaare, infamous for its leeeengthy animation.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on December 30, 2019 12:20AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New IP? But Commander Keen is not a new IP... Does that mean ZOS is working on another another game?
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo...has their been any credible leaks on the new game? Any at all? :relieved:
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they have expanded their budget beyond just feeding the hamsters? Noice