The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in invisible group.

fizzybeef
fizzybeef
Soul Shriven
Me and a friend did a pledge and upon completing it we both left group and while waiting to be teleported out of the dungeon we grouped up inside the dungeon and when we was removed from the dungeon and loaded into the zone we were in before the dungeon it now showed that we was not in a group so we tried to group up again and this time we both got a message saying we was already in a group even tho group manager says we are not. If we look in voice chat we can both join group voice chat and talk so we are definitely in a group together but unable to leave it.

We have tried all sorts to try resolve this issue with no luck, we are unable to que dungeons or battle groups to. If we go to invite someone else to a group we get a message saying failed to join group.

I submitted a ticket almost a week a go and got some basic steps to try which we already tried with no luck and since then we have been told there is basically nothing that can be done at to just hope it fixes itself.

This is both of our main characters with 100's of hours put In to the characters and we are unable to play and enjoy the game, there must be some way we can be forced out of the invisible group we are stuck in. If anyone knows a solution to this or has any suggestions to fix this I'm open to ideas to try.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizzybeef wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket almost a week a go and got some basic steps to try which we already tried with no luck and since then we have been told there is basically nothing that can be done at to just hope it fixes itself.

Them saying they can't help is absolute BS and pretty much sums up ZOS Customer Support.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Can anyone help this player? This is no doubt some bug related to yall's horrible activity finder "fix."
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • OfficerOfDeath
    I have the exact same problem with my hubby on PC NA. We also sent a ticket about it and they told us same stuff as to you. Nothing worked. Have you yet solved the issue? Did something fix it? These are our only characters and we cannot queue to any group stuff, cant inv, cant join and cant even leave this group what does not exist.
    PC - EU / NA

Gaza-dar the Beartamer - Stamina Warden (50)
    Akza-dar the Reaper - Necromancer Tonk (50)

"Sometimes the best way to deal with a troublesome person is permanent removal."

@Mrs_Outlander - Raidleader of Trash Pandas
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Did you try to queue to Cyro and pick Solo option in the dialog?
  • OfficerOfDeath
    Did you try to queue to Cyro and pick Solo option in the dialog?

Funnily enough it did not give any option for Solo or Group. Just queued us in as normal and we couldn't group in Cyro either.
    PC - EU / NA

"Sometimes the best way to deal with a troublesome person is permanent removal."

• OfficerOfDeath
    UPDATE: After this patch, we successfully got in a group. It got fixed during the maintenance and we can finally play, thank you ZOS ^^
    PC - EU / NA

• DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Old post, I know, but this happened to me and a friend of mine 2 days ago and it's still going on, we are stuck in this invisible group and we can no longer play anything which requires a group.

I sent a ticket to the customer support and the answer was to try some provided steps, which didn't work.

So far I did the following things to try to fix the problem:
    • I switched from Normal to Veteran in the Party window.
    • I tried recreating the same exact group with the same exact characters I was in when the issue happened, and I couldn't invite the other people.
    • I soloed a Normal dungeon.
    • I entered the Maelstrom Arena (which is Solo)(hoping the game would disband the imaginary group).
    • I tried queuing for a Random Normal/Veteran dungeon, and although I can click on the Join Queue button, nothing happens.
    • I tried queuing for a Battleground, and although I can click on the Join Queue button, nothing happens.
    • Nobody can invite me, because they always receive a message that I am already in a group.
    • This only happens on one character of my account.
    • This exact same issue happens to one of the other friends that was in my group, and nothing can solve her issue as well.

This doesn't look like a Group Finder issue, it looks more like a Grouping issue, the game probably still thinks that I am grouped with my friend's character somehow, and it's preventing me and her from joining any group, inviting people and playing anything that requires a group, it's quite game breaking.
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add that this issue was already present in 2016, as per the following post:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260051/cannot-join-group-or-invite-players-to-group-anymore

• Oakthorn
    Oakthorn
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, can't escape the invisible group anymore, no answer from Customer Support. See here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520249/i-need-assistance-with-a-customer-service-ticket-stuck-in-invisible-group
  • ModdysMoZzA
    The same issue for the 9th day, ZOS fails to deliver,
  • ModdysMoZzA
    I think ESO is intentionally doing this to force new players to get ESO plus to make them think this will let them be able to queue for dungeons and what so ever.
  • Oakthorn
    Oakthorn
    ✭✭
    I think ESO is intentionally doing this to force new players to get ESO plus to make them think this will let them be able to queue for dungeons and what so ever.

Well.. I'm paying ESO plus for years now... so wouldn't work for me ;)
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    I am ESO+ and have been since the very beginning, so, no, it's not that.
  • ThRealSlimShady
    ThRealSlimShady
    Soul Shriven
    Got this problem now as well with a group, I suppose there are no fixes for it and its just hoping maintenance fixes it sometime?
  • ModdysMoZzA
    i had this issue many times. i found a personal player based solution, go to any map and try making a huge party (group) more than 4 players. stay in it for few minutes then leave. it worked for me 3 times,

the causes for the bug appears to be when you are on queue and then travel to somewhere or enter a delve or public dungeon the queue gets bugged,