The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A few questions from a slightly new person

Mugombie
Mugombie
✭✭
I am a CL200 Dragon Knigh. picked up the game about a month ago here are a few questions I have

1. as for as Sorcs go is it a good idea to go one type of damage, Say like Storm, Fire or Ice
2. what is a good addon that will show unstarted quests on the map but can be turned off so when I start a new zone it isn't littered with quest pins
3. if I were to abandon a quest will I be able to pick that same quest back up?
4. I understand that Nirnhoned things are player made. Where the heck did the first one come from
5. does any jewelry drop with learnable traits

I'm sure I have more but I am at work now and this is all I could think of

Mug

Best Answers

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mugombie wrote: »
    I am a CL200 Dragon Knigh. picked up the game about a month ago here are a few questions I have

1. as for as Sorcs go is it a good idea to go one type of damage, Say like Storm, Fire or Ice
    2. what is a good addon that will show unstarted quests on the map but can be turned off so when I start a new zone it isn't littered with quest pins
    3. if I were to abandon a quest will I be able to pick that same quest back up?
    4. I understand that Nirnhoned things are player made. Where the heck did the first one come from
    5. does any jewelry drop with learnable traits

I'm sure I have more but I am at work now and this is all I could think of

Mug

1. As a Sorcerer Lightning is your forte. So start using a Lightning staff and make sure you put skill points in the Storm Calling / Energizer and the Destruction Staff / Tri Focus passives when unlocked. These will make your Lightning Staff Heavy Attacks powerful and from the Tri Focus your HAs will be an AoE attack.

2. Destinations is an add on I use to show unknown quest, locations, Boss locations (including delves, pub dungeons etc) and much more. Each item shown on map is toggable from within your map's Filter menu.

3. Yes you will from the same NPC and location. Unless it's a bugged quest, but those are rare and fairly quickly patched.

4. It comes from a quest in Craglorn at the end of the zone's main quest. However that zone is not new player friendly, since it was originally designed to be a group zone you did with your friends, guildies or just stranger in the zone. What I do is I start making gold, meaning save everything and sell to merchants as much as possible, you can decon to rank your crafting skill for that particular pieces armor weight or weapon class in between or later.

With money I then buy crafted weapons with the Potent Nirncrux trait from Guild Traders around, that I can research. If you have the possibility, make Nirnhoned your first trait researched, followed by for instance Sharpened ,Precise and Infused. At least try to start with the weapons you plan to use. Like 1 Inferno Staff and 1 Lightning staff. A level 1 Nirnhoned weapon for research is around 15K on NA and it seems around 17-18K on EU. The Armor Fortified Nirncrux trait is not very useful, so for Armor focus on Divines and Infused first.

5. All jewelry that has a trait has a learnable trait, however, the normal drops will have Arcane, Healthy or Robust. Jewelry with the other traits do drop, but they have some prerequisites such as finishing quests in Summerset such as the Psijic quest which when completed let's you find Psijic Portals all over Tamriel in place of a Rune, where applicable. Or from activities like the weekly quest reward boxes of Trials for the Bloodthirsty trait.

Again, here I prefer to buy items with the trait I wish to research from Guild Traders, examples of Rings with the Bloodthirsty trait (NA server).

Good luck and have fun! ^^/
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Answer ✓
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Two things. First magicka damage types are Ice, Fire, Lightning, and Magic. (Stamina types are Physical, Poison & Disease.) You'll want to look at your class passives to see which types blend well with your class. In the case of mag Sorc it's lightning.

Second, the three staves have distinct styles, largely found in the first passive of the destruction line. Fire is increased damage, Lightning is group AoE, and lce is for tanking. Keep in mind, Ice with the first passive will let you block with magic and taunt on heavy attacks. Which is fine in solo play or PvP, but will make a mess in group PvE if you're not the tank.

2) Sorry, don't know much about add-ons.

3) You can abandon and pick up the quest. Be aware, some quests have steps, and you may need to return to another location for the pick up. Other times it may be bugged. One solution is to get a friend who hasn't done the quest yet to group up and share the quest until you get to the spot where you can pick it up again.

4) Craglorn, specifically the end of the Upper Craglorn storyline. You get one random piece with the nirnhoned trait at the end. From there it spread player to player until the first crafters completed research across the board. The trait stones themselves, fortified and potent, are rare drops in Craglorn only, from most places you harvest mats from including surveys.

5) They do. Aside from ornate (sell) and inticate (decon), sets will drop in one of three stat traits. The remaining six drop from particular tasks as an exemplary item, similar to the nirnhoned ones from the Craglorn quest.
    Edited by driosketch on November 27, 2019 9:19PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Answer ✓
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Find a good guild; there are a lot of them out there, and the members can be really helpful for new players. A good guild usually has crafters as well, and they can be helpful for crafting questions and making trait items for research. Since the Gremlins of RNG govern finding nirncrux in Craglorn, most crafters will ask for the nirncrux to make the nirnhoned items for research, and probably the trait mats for jewelry as well.
  • Mugombie
    Mugombie
    ✭✭
    Thanks all
    I did join 2 guilds and they are helpful and the other likes to sleep on bridges