The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Private Instance Dungeons?

pgorbas_ESO
pgorbas_ESO
✭✭
When I am out questing, one thing that really breaks my game immersion is that suddenly the dark lonely crypt ( or any other quest location that you enter from the main map ) can suddenly become a hugely crowed location, with dozens of other players , most of whom are running around like crazy blasting everything in site. I shouldn't have to "compete" with other players in quest locations.

Please tweak the client code so players can enter any instance as a private/solo instance or let a group enter together, and scale the instance as appropriate.

Is this even an remotely possible upgrade?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, no, its probably not feasible to restructure an MMO so that delves/public dungeons/quest locations can be played like a single player RPG.

ESO does some instancing, but it's generally based around quest stages i.e. you'll be in a different instance based on whether or not you've completed the evacuation from Bleakrock, for example. You'll share that instance with other players at that stage, in large part because this is an MMORPG. Multiplayer is part of the deal.
  • pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭
    Actually, as a professional software engineer, this would not only be very feasible, but would probably only take about a day to implement. They already have the mechanism in place to make some locations, private instances - they would just need to generalise it for any location.

The rough point is that there would be no $incentive to make this change. It would certainly be a game improvement, especially for solo players, and improve the overall game quality, but would offer no immediate profit.

They could even do something like you get 5 private instance free per month after that it would cost you $1 per instance.

I knew it would be a long shot, unless they enough request for it and/or something like this was already in the works.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to break it to you OP but very doubtful this will change. Not only is the idea a rather involved undertaking I doubt it would even be considered since it has not been that big of a deal overall and it could add server load due to having more instances of the same thing.
  • zeusy
    zeusy
    elder scrolls ONLINE
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have access to the PTS server, @pgorbas_ESO, the solo-instanced dungeons are endless ... which should satiate your RP appetite.

After that, @idk and @VaranisArano are right.

If you want better immersion, play a solo RPG game.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I am out questing, one thing that really breaks my game immersion is that suddenly the dark lonely crypt ( or any other quest location that you enter from the main map ) can suddenly become a hugely crowed location, with dozens of other players , most of whom are running around like crazy blasting everything in site. I shouldn't have to "compete" with other players in quest locations.

Please tweak the client code so players can enter any instance as a private/solo instance or let a group enter together, and scale the instance as appropriate.

Is this even an remotely possible upgrade?

Of course you SHOULD have to compete with them. It is an MMO. And you can't make that a client-side option. What you want would require more server resources. I believe the only quests that have a solo instances are one-time per character quests where you can only access the location while doing the quest and lose access when you are done. It is common with those quests that if you leave the solo instance, you lose all progress.

Personally, I would love to have all other people disappear when I am questing. But this is an MMO so I deal with it.