The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO: QoL changes

mursie
mursie
✭✭✭✭✭
Quality of Life changes that, imho, could help bring more enjoyment and life back into this game:

1. Scrap CP from PvP. It has already been identified and implemented in battlegrounds. It needs to go for all aspects of PvP. It is a time-gate 25-30% stat buff mechanic that kills the initiative of new players to join the game and participate in one of the best end-game activities you can have - open world pvp. As long as you have CP included in PvP, new player growth, for pvp, will continue to stagnate and die

2. Scrap 160CP from end-game gear. End-game gear should be level 50 gear. period. I.E - no cp gear. It is a weird and frustrating experience for a new player to reach level 50 for the first time and realize the gear they are obtaining from dungeons, etc... is infact still not end-game gear because no-CP somehow still needs 160CP to be functional.

3. Remove Group queing from battlegrounds. Either create a separate solo que system for BG's or make it only solo que. Group que functionality against solo que players is a harmful system that kills pvp growth of your game for new and existing players.

4. the Craft Bag needs to be base to the game. Locking it behind ESO+ is extortion. But more than just this, new players experiencing ESO will quickly abandon this game due to the horrific inventory / bag space system that currently exists. Find other ways to incentivize people into purchasing the subscription. Cosmetics and XP+ gains are examples of great ways to do this. Fundamental inventory management systems are absolutely not.

5. Please give potions unique identifier names. Why are their seven variants of "Essence of Health" now, and finding the variant you are looking for on a guild trader is a six hour ordeal even with 3rd party assistance such as tamrieltradecentre.com

6. It goes without saying that the group finder needs to function properly - but it also needs to be more expansive to elements such as trials, DSA, and BRP. You've built these experiences into your game but have not properly created tools for players to easily experience them. The result - many of these experiences sit empty and unexplored by a large number of players

7. performance in pvp - specifically lag in openworld - needs to be addressed. Smart Healing, while novel in concept, likely needs to go - with healing being restricted to only group members in an effort to reduce server loads.

8. Openworld bottlenecks need to be reviewed/addressed - the size of the map, the # of players allowed into an openworld instance - aoe calculations for damage/healing abilities all should be re-assessed for a streamlined approach that improves openworld performance dramatically

9. Remove faction lock or create faction re-assignment tokens. With 12 toons equally spread across three factions, I always kept the game fresh by playing different toons in open world with different functions (i.e. bombing vs. healing vs. brawler vs. rogue.... etc..) - yet now, with the faction lock implementation, I have kept a number of toons "on the shelf' due to being locked out of the only pvp campaign i find remotely enjoyable (no-cp). The CP no faction lock campaign is a great addition, it in combination with bullet point 1 above would solve this QoL issue

Good Luck ESO team. Let's make ESO great again! =)
twitch.tv/mursieftw
twitter: @mursieftw
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving awesome for all 1-9 points.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It IS rather confusing to have the gear cap at level 50 CP 160. It seems an arbitrary cut-off and having level 50 be the max seems more logical. It confused me as a new player and I’ve seen more experienced players get burned by it when they upgraded items before noticing they were CP 150.

Could there be separate BG queues for full teams as versus one or two people grouped together? I prefer to queue with a friend as I’m totally new to ESO PvP but this is a long way from fully formed groups. I already ran into one of those in a match and they completely steam-rolled the other two teams. Of course it was no fun for us, but I can’t imagine it being much fun for them either to have no challenge. I would think have BGs for organized teams to compete against one another would make for more balanced matches and more fun for everyone.

I would also love for potions to be named better, I agree! Difficult to find what you’re looking for and doing some crafting writs yesterday, had one of the triple potions I’d made for a master writ get turned in instead of the vanilla one — doh!

I think it would make sense to include arenas at least in the group finder since these are also for groups of four.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (2) So you want a brand-new player who just hit level 50 to be able to get end-game gear. Ugh. Could not imagine the pugs as a result. Might as well dig up dungeon group finder, kill it, and bury it again

It takes about 1-3 weeks to level up to Level 50, without XP scrolls or double XP events, depending on how often you play. Do you really think you were able to do any trials at that point? How about vet ICP for tanks who want Lord Warden helmet? Vet COS for Velidreth? Vet Scalecaller for Zaan? Vet Bloodroot for Earthgore?

You need CP to be able to survive some, if not most, PVE endgame content. Zero CP level 50's don't have it. Below CP 160 players do not need endgame gear to do content they don't have the resistances to survive. They need experience, figuring out a rotation, and leveling skills more than farming gear that won't be useful until they hit at around CP 300.

(4) Just stop with this. The craft bag is the #1 reason people get ESO+. Not gonna happen.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It IS rather confusing to have the gear cap at level 50 CP 160. It seems an arbitrary cut-off and having level 50 be the max seems more logical. It confused me as a new player and I’ve seen more experienced players get burned by it when they upgraded items before noticing they were CP 150.

Could there be separate BG queues for full teams as versus one or two people grouped together? I prefer to queue with a friend as I’m totally new to ESO PvP but this is a long way from fully formed groups. I already ran into one of those in a match and they completely steam-rolled the other two teams. Of course it was no fun for us, but I can’t imagine it being much fun for them either to have no challenge. I would think have BGs for organized teams to compete against one another would make for more balanced matches and more fun for everyone.

I would also love for potions to be named better, I agree! Difficult to find what you’re looking for and doing some crafting writs yesterday, had one of the triple potions I’d made for a master writ get turned in instead of the vanilla one — doh!

I think it would make sense to include arenas at least in the group finder since these are also for groups of four.

Gear level seems arbitrary, but isn't at all. It is based on the history of the game pre-CP. The max vet levels would periodically increase and new gear levels would be introduced. Now that they no longer increase the max gear level when they increase CP (the vet level replacement), new players might find it all odd. But it is not at all arbitrary.

I assume you are talking about crafted gear when you mention the CP150 problem. That problem is due to using the same materials for both, but at different amounts. That isn't a problem with having CP160 max gear level. It is a problem with having 2 different gear tiers use the same mats.

We are definitely at the point where the CP gear tiers below 160 are pretty silly. People level so quickly through lower CP levels that they barely have a chance to gear up. Alts typically completely skip those levels. It may make sense to just ditch those if they are never going to add additional gear tiers. Vet levels took a while to level and and the gear tiers were needed to be able to handle the enemies in the zone that matched your vet level.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on November 27, 2019 5:18PM
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee I agree the sub-CP 160 gear levels are arbitrary, if not outright silly. But there needs to be an artificial wall. If someone knows that the gear they get will be useless once they hit CP 160, hopefully that will keep them out of group content they can't realistically complete.
    Options
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee I agree the sub-CP 160 gear levels are arbitrary, if not outright silly. But there needs to be an artificial wall. If someone knows that the gear they get will be useless once they hit CP 160, hopefully that will keep them out of group content they can't realistically complete.

my comments and yours are not mis-aligned, but you are not understanding what i'm saying. End game gear should be lvl 50 period.

what you are speaking of, is the need for CP to complete end-game PVE. These can and are mutually exclusive. Being CP 160 is still not sufficient enough to complete most DLC vet content or Vet Trials or VDSA/VBRP. Yet - today it is "end-game" level gear.

I'm saying end-game gear that drops is level 50 - no higher.

The CP you earn allows you to buff your character to participate in greater difficult end-game PVE content. that is fine... and it is not deterred by what i'm saying.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

While I am max CP, I have forced 3 sub-160 puggers to do vet HM in random dungeons before. It is slow going since I am just tanking and their DPS is usually quite low, but not hard if patient. Clearing vet content with just a single low level is not a problem for base game dungeons. They may be underpowered, but they can still be competent.

If they show up in a vet DLC dungeon, that isn't their fault. That is just how group finder does random dungeons for people with access to them. If people don't like having them show up in their group only to drop out, ask ZOS to change how the daily random works so that it doesn't encourage them to do that.

To your main point, I suppose there could just be a big gap between level 49 and level 50 where level 50 just takes over where CP 160 is right now.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (2) So you want a brand-new player who just hit level 50 to be able to get end-game gear. Ugh. Could not imagine the pugs as a result. Might as well dig up dungeon group finder, kill it, and bury it again

It takes about 1-3 weeks to level up to Level 50, without XP scrolls or double XP events, depending on how often you play. Do you really think you were able to do any trials at that point? How about vet ICP for tanks who want Lord Warden helmet? Vet COS for Velidreth? Vet Scalecaller for Zaan? Vet Bloodroot for Earthgore?

You need CP to be able to survive some, if not most, PVE endgame content. Zero CP level 50's don't have it. Below CP 160 players do not need endgame gear to do content they don't have the resistances to survive. They need experience, figuring out a rotation, and leveling skills more than farming gear that won't be useful until they hit at around CP 300.

(4) Just stop with this. The craft bag is the #1 reason people get ESO+. Not gonna happen.

I would save so much money! I can but a lot of future DLC with the 27k crowns I have sitting around from subbing in the past. I would miss the double bank size, but nothing else. I would just sub maybe once a year to run some DLC dungeons.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you sound like you haven't kept up with the last six months of updates.
    mursie wrote: »
    Quality of Life changes that, imho, could help bring more enjoyment and life back into this game:

1. Scrap CP from PvP. It has already been identified and implemented in battlegrounds. It needs to go for all aspects of PvP. It is a time-gate 25-30% stat buff mechanic that kills the initiative of new players to join the game and participate in one of the best end-game activities you can have - open world pvp. As long as you have CP included in PvP, new player growth, for pvp, will continue to stagnate and die

There is a no-CP campaign. Come join us. We have cookies.
    3. Scrap 160CP from end-game gear. End-game gear should be level 50 gear. period. I.E - no cp gear. It is a weird and frustrating experience for a new player to reach level 50 for the first time and realize the gear they are obtaining from dungeons, etc... is infact still not end-game gear because no-CP somehow still needs 160CP to be functional.

Sure, why not? Though I will regret the non-CP160 gear I have deconned.

3. Remove Group queing from battlegrounds. Either create a separate solo que system for BG's or make it only solo que. Group que functionality against solo que players is a harmful system that kills pvp growth of your game for new and existing players.

I can't comment because I rarely do battlegrounds, and I expect to suck since I'm not good at PvP.
    5. the Craft Bag needs to be base to the game. Locking it behind ESO+ is extortion. But more than just this, new players experiencing ESO will quickly abandon this game due to the horrific inventory / bag space system that currently exists. Find other ways to incentivize people into purchasing the subscription. Cosmetics and XP+ gains are examples of great ways to do this. Fundamental inventory management systems are absolutely not.

I agree it should be in the base game, but having played since launch and having experienced rune stacks of 20 and mat stacks of 100, I can say that the inventory issues just creep right back after a while if you are a hoarder, no matter how many slots you are saving with the craft bag.
    5. Please give potions unique identifier names. Why are their seven variants of "Essence of Health" now, and finding the variant you are looking for on a guild trader is a six hour ordeal even with 3rd party assistance such as tamrieltradecentre.com

That would be nice. What do you suggest? Very long potion names like "Essence of Health, Magicka and Stamina" and "Essence of Spell Power, Magicka and Spell Crit"?
    6. It goes without saying that the group finder needs to function properly - but it also needs to be more expansive to elements such as trials, DSA, and BRP. You've built these experiences into your game but have not properly created tools for players to easily experience them. The result - many of these experiences sit empty and unexplored by a large number of players

It would be nice, but on the other hand, it's really not hard to experience that content if you want to. Consider that some people just don't want to.
    7. performance in pvp - specifically lag in openworld - needs to be addressed. Smart Healing, while novel in concept, likely needs to go - with healing being restricted to only group members in an effort to reduce server loads.

You will pry smart healing from my cold, dead fingers. I hate that they changed Rapid Maneuvre to only apply to group members. It really degrades the experience of running around Cyrodiil by yourself joining battles. So no, I would like to still be able to heal people that are with me at a keep, even if they are not in the same group.
    8. Openworld bottlenecks need to be reviewed/addressed - the size of the map, the # of players allowed into an openworld instance - aoe calculations for damage/healing abilities all should be re-assessed for a streamlined approach that improves openworld performance dramatically

Personally, I've not had much trouble outside of Cyrodiil, but improvements are always nice.
    10. Remove faction lock or create faction re-assignment tokens. With 12 toons equally spread across three factions, I always kept the game fresh by playing different toons in open world with different functions (i.e. bombing vs. healing vs. brawler vs. rogue.... etc..) - yet now, with the faction lock implementation, I have kept a number of toons "on the shelf' due to being locked out of the only pvp campaign i find remotely enjoyable (no-cp). The CP no faction lock campaign is a great addition, it in combination with bullet point 1 above would solve this QoL issue

There is a campaign with no faction lock. They made it CP because it was more popular than no-CP. It appears to be the least popular campaign, so the appeal of no faction lock is not what it's proponents thought it was.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'll bite...

1] CP is being changed. We have no information on this but anyone with a brain expects a major revamp of the system.
    Screwing with CP before that revamp is just a waste of dev time.

2] What is the difference between LVL 50 vs cp160 gear? Aesthetics. There is no functional difference. All this change does is waste dev time. If people have a hard time understanding CP gear they must get crazy trying to handle Ilvls with other games.

3] Personally I agree. Problem is as a PVPer I know I'm a minority in this.

4] The craft bag is the main money-making function of ESO+. Making it base game would basically be gutting ESOs ability to make money. It would probably make the game unprofitable. Why on the green earth would they ever do this?

5] There are thousands of potion combos. You want them to make a unique name for ALL of them or just SOME of them?

6] LFR is a devil but people like it for some strange reason. Maybe when they iron out the recode of their AF theyll do this. Who knows?

7] They've committed to rewriting huge portions of the game for this exact purpose. Unfortunately, programmers are not magical code elves and cant wave fairy wands to instantly do it.

8] The size of map doesn't do much in this game. Really it doesn't.
    Amount of people per instance is a requirement for things to function.. not sure why you want it to go away. It's standard practice.
    They are recalculating all AOE/Healing/DPS figures. They have first normalized them. Then defined rules for them. Now they are in the process of differentiating class identity. I imagine the last step will be a QOL rebalance pass. The fact that they are taking a very systematic process should make people very happy because most balancing is the "dartboard" method for other MMOs.

9] Their official position is they don't want to do this.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do think they should be able to get end-game gear — why not? If you’re concerned about what people are able to queue for, that is a separate issue and there are already minimum CP requirements to queue for vet dungeons — changing gear levels would not effect this. Isn’t the minimum for vICP 300 CP? Yes, the average new level 50 shouldn’t be doing this content but neither should the average new CP 160! Totally separate issue from gear level.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @mursie Read your follow-up, I agree, we aren't that far apart. I agree the top-level gear cutoff is weird at CP 160. Oddly, I think it should be at CP 300, as unpopular as that may be, but that's just me. But CP 300 is the gate that keeps sub-CP 300 players out of DLC dungeons. Might as well make that across the board.

I understand players can do a lot of the dungeons before Level 50. And it would be the ultimate injustice to get that BSW Inferno staff... at CP 150. But at the same time, I think that does keep a lot of inexperienced players out of vet trials and dungeons that they are not ready for. Why farm gear that will be useless down the road?

It boils down to this for me. This is a game without end. I don't see the need to rush into things like farming topped-out gear 3 weeks into the game. In reality, that time frame from raw beginner to Level 50 is a drop in the bucket of time most players will spend in this game. So I have no problem with the artificial gate to topped out gear.

I'm guessing your original suggestion probably stems from a frustration I have had when leveling an alternate. That gear is trash once you have played with the good stuff, so to speak. But the upside is when you hit level 50 on that alt, all is well.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2. Scrap 160CP from end-game gear. End-game gear should be level 50 gear. period. I.E - no cp gear. It is a weird and frustrating experience for a new player to reach level 50 for the first time and realize the gear they are obtaining from dungeons, etc... is infact still not end-game gear because no-CP somehow still needs 160CP to be functional.

4. the Craft Bag needs to be base to the game. Locking it behind ESO+ is extortion. But more than just this, new players experiencing ESO will quickly abandon this game due to the horrific inventory / bag space system that currently exists. Find other ways to incentivize people into purchasing the subscription. Cosmetics and XP+ gains are examples of great ways to do this. Fundamental inventory management systems are absolutely not.

9. Remove faction lock or create faction re-assignment tokens. With 12 toons equally spread across three factions, I always kept the game fresh by playing different toons in open world with different functions (i.e. bombing vs. healing vs. brawler vs. rogue.... etc..) - yet now, with the faction lock implementation, I have kept a number of toons "on the shelf' due to being locked out of the only pvp campaign i find remotely enjoyable (no-cp). The CP no faction lock campaign is a great addition, it in combination with bullet point 1 above would solve this QoL issue

1) until cp is scrapped altogether there will be a desire to use it in pvp. Just make no cp campaigns and ban cp usage in under 50 campaigns.
    2)how about instead all gear just scales to its cp 160 equivalent at the same quality. So a gold lvl 45 piece would scale to its cp160 gold equivalent while in pvp. Seems easier to do this than to resale all drops, mats, and loot tables.
    3) No for just solo queue, last 30 times I queued solo in BGs alteast one of my teamates dropped out or all of them did. And playing BGs 1 x8 is horrible. So either make premade queue separate or keep the same.
    4) craft bag will not likely ever be base game. It is by far the #1 reason to sub. Exp gains wont cut it as it already exists and really is a non factor. And once you have 18 lvl 50 characters and have max cp. Ehats the point. As far as cosmetics, likewise wont work since you can just buy em and be done.
    5) sure why not this needs to be cleaned up.
    6) lets get it working first
    7) let's get servers fixed first
    8) see # 7 not sure that more instances will improve servers.
    9)ability to change factions would be great as long as there is a cool down.
    Options
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums <3
    DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
    Options
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭

It takes 1-3 weeks to level up to 50 and maybe 1 week to get CP160... do you really think 160 champion points is a huge indication of growth? Most people are still "new" until 500-600CP.

And yeah, taking away CP is going to make the content more difficult, or they can scale it down to equal it out. Either way, I still think it's a good call.

And the craft bag thing is exactly his point. Inventory space should not be the big incentive for paying a subscription for this game, that should be available at base... that is what is ridiculously wrong with it.

Options
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

There is a campaign with no faction lock. They made it CP because it was more popular than no-CP. It appears to be the least popular campaign, so the appeal of no faction lock is not what it's proponents thought it was.

The PVP population is dwindling. They introduced this campaign in the middle of Kaal, and not many people abandoned it to go to the new one. It's been dead ever since.

There are people who love and hate faction lock, but at the end of the day they'll both deal with one or the other to stay in a campaign where there's actually people playing in it.

All it takes is one or two big guilds from different factions to decide to switch to Laatvulon and people will start following.
    Options
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much nope to everything although I admit I stopped reading and just starting skimming after I realized I was in complete disagreement with your first few statements.
    Options
  • PopotoSalad
    PopotoSalad
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe CP levels 10-160 should just become levels 51-66? CP would still be given, just introduce it as a new system starting at level 51.
    Options
  • Aaluvien
    Aaluvien
    ✭✭
    With respect to Cyro, I'm surprised ZOS hasn't done the prudent thing and just shut it down. They aren't supporting it; don't expect any improvement or fixes in the near future. It has been a long slow slide in performance degradation that has picked up speed in the last 3-6 months. It's moot whether or not ZOS CAN'T or WON'T manage open world...the fact remains they AREN'T supporting it (if they claim they are...they aren't doing it intelligently if you're measuring game performance).

It's just a matter of at time until the open world population dwindles to the point the factions will become permanently unbalanced 24/7 and that will trigger the final mass exodus (the usual server death sequence).

At some point ZOS will ask themselves when Cyro just needs to be put out of its misery and stop the bad PR.
    Edited by Aaluvien on November 27, 2019 9:38PM
    Options
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    605221674706534413.png?v=1
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
    Options
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) No. Fix the servers.

2) This isnt a QoL, its allowing less skilled players an easier way into content they arent generally ready for.

3) Yes, that would be a QoL upgrade. I'm all for it.

4) Paid sub is perfect how it is, xp boosts arent going to help anyone especially when you're also basically advocating for no CP at all. Why pay $15 to have what becomes a very short lived boost.

5) Not sure if they can without making a ton of new names for it which wouldn't really be optimal either.

6) You think CP is frustrating and weird for new players? God, imagine solo queuing for vDSA without know if your group knows the mechanics and having no way to check if they've done it before. Theres a reason they dont do this aside from the hours long wait to get a GF pug together.

7) The servers need a major upgrade and healing could be reduced through battle spirit but restricting heals would kill pvp more then the servers already are.

8) No.

9) Could be a good change but realistically no CP doesn't really have a high player base as it is.
    Options
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »
    And the craft bag thing is exactly his point. Inventory space should not be the big incentive for paying a subscription for this game, that should be available at base... that is what is ridiculously wrong with it.

Okay I don't think anyone disagrees but then you have to give ZOS a way to retain the sub to keep their game up and none of you ever do. If this comes across as a personal attack it is very much not meant to but a lot of us are tired of seeing.
    "ZOS the craft bag should be for everyone to fix inventory issues!"
    Okay but ZOS has to make money so what do they replace it with to retain subs?
    "Uhmmm no they don't." or "Uhmm they can get (insert not at all as incentivizing bonus here)."

At the end of the day the craft bag has become the inherent selling point to ESO+ and is a massive part of their income and they can no longer separate the two because that's their game structure.
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No on the craft bag. It's why most sub, if you want the bag I'd holding you subscribe. Now maybe a 500 slot bag for non subs but that's it. Rest I kinda agree with though. Back to ty he bag, it was NOT IN BASE GAME EVER. It's not like they removed it, back before this bag we managed, those too cheap to not sub can do with eso+ free weekends.
    Edited by jircris11 on November 27, 2019 10:49PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe CP levels 10-160 should just become levels 51-66? CP would still be given, just introduce it as a new system starting at level 51.

His no, look at wow with their inflated lvls. Thankfully they are squishing that
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ESO+ lost the increase in bag spaces as a benefit, meaning everyone got that benefit...then there would have to be something just as significant and functional that would be available to ESO+ members. 200% XP gain, 250% CP bonus or something similar to compensate for the loss of value.
    Options
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    Aaluvien wrote: »

At some point ZOS will ask themselves when Cyro just needs to be put out of its misery and stop the bad PR.

Okay I don't think anyone disagrees but then you have to give ZOS a way to retain the sub to keep their game up and none of you ever do. If this comes across as a personal attack it is very much not meant to but a lot of us are tired of seeing.
    "Uhmmm no they don't." or "Uhmm they can get (insert not at all as incentivizing bonus here)."

At the end of the day the craft bag has become the inherent selling point to ESO+ and is a massive part of their income and they can no longer separate the two because that's their game structure.

You say "that's their only good way of making money and keeping people subbed" and I am saying that it is disappointing it has come down to that, going off of Mursie's original point. Also, we don't have to "give ZOS a way to retain the sub" as the consumer, they're supposed to be ones coming up with the ideas that make having a subscription too good to pass up, and not hooking player's arms by saying you can't store crafting materials unless you pay.

XP gains and cosmetics were two of Mursie's alternatives...

Maybe instead of charging people $100 to buy an in-game house only purchaseable through the Crown Store, maybe make all houses, cosmetics outfits, mounts, etc. obtainable by in-game achievements that are only accessible through DLC content, which requires a sub.

I think Implementing half the things that are locked in the Crown Store in the actual game, that promotes players to work towards something rewarding that they can show off as something that they earned rather than bought would easily boost subscriptions.

I don't know, I'm not part of the ZOS marketing team. However, I don't think the craft bag is be the be all end all for retaining subscriptions if they think about it long enough.

Options
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say "that's their only good way of making money and keeping people subbed" and I am saying that it is disappointing it has come down to that, going off of Mursie's original point. Also, we don't have to "give ZOS a way to retain the sub" as the consumer, they're supposed to be ones coming up with the ideas that make having a subscription too good to pass up, and not hooking player's arms by saying you can't store crafting materials unless you pay.

If you want something changed you kinda have to throw ideas out even if it's ZOS's job to finalize it; just saying that as a player your voice should matter.
    With that said, I already agreed that I'm not a fan of craft bag being part of ESO+ but imo the bigger inherent issue is that certain parts of the craft bag aren't free instead of the whole thing. Trait Stones and Style Materials and Provisioning Reagents are honestly such a crap thing to have to deal with during gameplay and eliminating that would lessen up a lot of the inventory problems without discounting the usefulness of the craft bag. (You still get to hoard every crafting level material in the game VS people who just have to deal with having only the high level stuff).
    Options
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with these ideas. Good work mursie.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aaluvien wrote: »

Maybe instead of charging people $100 to buy an in-game house only purchaseable through the Crown Store, maybe make all houses, cosmetics outfits, mounts, etc. obtainable by in-game achievements that are only accessible through DLC content, which requires a sub.

I think Implementing half the things that are locked in the Crown Store in the actual game, that promotes players to work towards something rewarding that they can show off as something that they earned rather than bought would easily boost subscriptions.

I don't know, I'm not part of the ZOS marketing team. However, I don't think the craft bag is be the be all end all for retaining subscriptions if they think about it long enough.

XP gains are useless. Long time players have long been at max CP.

I'm confused by your post. You want to both remove craft bag from sub AND move all cosmetics into the game to be acquired for just purchasing DLC, which is extremely cheap considering we already pay for the chapter? So I can get all cosmetics by buying 2 dungeons and 1 zone DLC? And never have to sub again?

I don't think your plan is good at all. I mean, I would love it since I just want the crafting bag. I don't care about cosmetics. I'll save a ton on subs and I already have 27k crowns from subs that I can use to buy the smaller DLCs. I can sub once a year to do DLC dungeons.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I thought we had a no CP campaign for those who wanted to PvP that way. We do not need people forcing their choices of PvP onto others.
    2. CP lvl gear makes sense because if Zos is going to increase gear level it will be based on CP. Anyone who has played this game since the start understands that as it essentially replaced vet ranks which used to be the way Zos raised the level cap. It is easy to understand so I suggest OP figure it out.
    3. I have no problem with a solo queue BGs but in an MMORPG it seems rather backwards thinking to force players to queue solo. Logic fails here.
    4. Claiming the crafting bag being locked behind ESO+ is extortion is nothing short of entitlement. Heck, OP does not even want to pay for it in the cash shop. Just wants it for free. Zos made a good business decision with this and every time someone request to be able to buy it (or for free in this case) they merely reinforce that with Zos.

I stopped reading at this point. The fourth point seemed to set the tone of what was to come.
    Options