The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Black Friday Sales?

lagrue
lagrue
✭✭✭✭✭
In-game it states that the Black Friday sale is going on and specifically mentions Crown Store items... meanwhile if you go to the website here all it mentions is the 102 ways you can purchase Elsweyr on sale... no mention of Crown Store Items... and no Crown Store items are actually on sale?

What gives?
Edited by lagrue on November 26, 2019 3:42AM
PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
*GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait. They said Black Friday sales for PC would be announced later, meaning closer to the actual Friday.
    Edited by Spearpoint on November 27, 2019 12:46AM
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandnessen wrote: »
    Just wait. They said Black Friday sales for PC would be announced later, meaning closer to the actual Friday.

Fair, it's just weird they're gonna have it on the in-game news screen so many days early and direct us to the website for more info when it doesn't exist -_-
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at previous years, the announcement normally comes on the Wednesday (today) prior to Black Friday. What is throwing people off is that the holiday/sales aren't on a set date.
    Edited by ELawlis on November 27, 2019 2:00PM
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ELawlis wrote: »
    Looking at previous years, the announcement normally comes on the Wednesday (today) prior to Black Friday. What is throwing people off is that the holiday/sales aren't on a set date.

well what's really throwing me off is the false information in-game
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    well what's really throwing me off is the false information in-game

Fair, I didn't even notice it until last night. It wouldn't be the first time that the load message was wrong (undaunted event for the first few days).
  • hobgoblin_kuzya
    hobgoblin_kuzya
    Soul Shriven
    Where is my Furnishing Pack: Tyrants of the Merethic Era? I was waiting for him on Black Friday, like other furniture packs, suits and houses :cry:
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely disappointing and underwhelming, to say the least.
    Oh well, there's always next year!
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where is my Furnishing Pack: Tyrants of the Merethic Era? I was waiting for him on Black Friday, like other furniture packs, suits and houses :cry:
    Yeah, I was almost worried that my Crowns won't be enough if they bring back several old houses, furniture packs, costumes, etc. like they usually do, since I bought many of the returning items last year... But this year only offers us 20-30% discounts on items that are already in the Crown Store for 100% of the year, so that's a big pass from me (and a huge miss for ZOS imo based on player reactions).

ESO has hundreds of items that are unavailable for purchase, even though players ask for them to return regularly. All those unavailable items are generating 0 income despite being digital goods so it wouldn't cost anything to make them purchasable again. If you're not going to bring back any of that 80% unavailable stock for Black Friday, when will you? :lol:
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think they're bonkers for releasing such a poor selection for their black Fredas sale. I myself was ready to scoop up some Crowns, but with the selection offered, I certainly won't be spending.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think they're bonkers for releasing such a poor selection for their black Fredas sale. I myself was ready to scoop up some Crowns, but with the selection offered, I certainly won't be spending.

Same here! Why would they not bring back furnishing packs, costumes and homes for a limited time sale and encourage people to buy extra Crowns at full price? I am baffled, and disappointed, but at least I save money I guess.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, there was a lot of limited-time items that I was looking forward to returning to the store. This sale is baffling, for what's supposed to be Black Friday.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/503532/official-discussion-thread-for-save-on-dlcs-assistants-and-more/p2

Yeah that's the'official discussion' for it. Lots there with mutual feelings. After all the poor performance & decisions this year guess we didn't deserve to get stuff we missed out on during the year either
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ewww those sales kinda suck :/ shame. I'll buy the Black Fredas pack itself to power and alts mounts but yeah, not a very great sale imo
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell is this, terrable decision and poor ideas from the team if this is really all we are getting.
  • Steff_En
    Steff_En
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there will be more offers, may be in the next days.. Old stuff like last year, like costumes etc. :)
    Lilly Virane - Templar - DC - Makellose Eroberin - Nie endendes Lied - PvE - Heal/Support/DD/Off-Tank - CP2100+PC | EU - 2022