The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Low Res building sections in Senchal. Today's "memory fix"?

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm noticing that some of the elements of building are low res in Senchal. (Also applicable to Lucky Cat Landing house). Was this part of the "memory fix" that got applied in today's patch?

Here's an example:

dtbwe6fbg1zw.png

You can see the top half of the door arch is low res and the bottom half is high res...
The lion's heads are also low res compared to the walls...

EDIT: This occurs on PC EU
Edited by Sporvan on November 25, 2019 11:25PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sporvan
    On which platform and mega-server does the difference in resolutions occur? ZOS cannot investigate without that information. Please read and follow Guidelines For Bug Report Forum when reporting or discussing a problem.

Note: your eyes are better than mine. Although I see the contrasts that you point-out in the screenshot, they are something that I would probably never notice during the course of play. My own concern is whether the game client has a stable connection to the mega-server. (It doesn't.)

Edited by Shadowshire on November 25, 2019 11:04PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sporvan
    On which platform and mega-server does the difference in resolutions occur? ZOS cannot investigate without that information. Please read and follow Guidelines For Bug Report Forum when reporting or discussing a problem.

Note: your eyes are better than mine. Although I see the contrasts that you point-out in the screenshot, they are something that I would probably never notice during the course of play. My own concern is whether the game client has a stable connection to the mega-server. (It doesn't.)

It's on PC EU.

Heh I noticed it while I playing with my Lucky Cat Landing today and paying close attention due to housing. Then walked around Senchal and started seeing it everywhere. Was wondering if this is freshly introduced in today's patch...

Either way it should probably be addressed.
    Edited by Sporvan on November 25, 2019 11:23PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lions’ heads were definitely low res before today’s update. The incongruity of texture resolutions in Lucky Cat is one of the things that bothered me when I was looking the place over. Besides the lions’ heads, I don’t recall noticing anything else jarring about the entrance; however, the doorway to the plaster/stone hallway and room had a split resolution. I remember walking back and forth from it, hoping that the textures were just loading strangely for me.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    The lions’ heads were definitely low res before today’s update. The incongruity of texture resolutions in Lucky Cat is one of the things that bothered me when I was looking the place over. Besides the lions’ heads, I don’t recall noticing anything else jarring about the entrance; however, the doorway to the plaster/stone hallway and room had a split resolution. I remember walking back and forth from it, hoping that the textures were just loading strangely for me.

Well it's not just the Lucky Cat - seems to be all over Senchal when you look at the that door archway combination. :-( Hope they can fix it so it all looks sharp and snazzy.