Return of the Buff Servers!!!

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭
It seems that PvP isn't as strong population-wise as it used to be. I like both PvP AND PvE, so I was thinking it would be very nice for both if we had the buff servers back. It would boost PvP populations as well as help out in PvE for trials and stuff. Hey, ZOS! Could we get the buff servers back?
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    It seems that PvP isn't as strong population-wise as it used to be. I like both PvP AND PvE, so I was thinking it would be very nice for both if we had the buff servers back. It would boost PvP populations as well as help out in PvE for trials and stuff. Hey, ZOS! Could we get the buff servers back?

    My knee jerk reaction was “f**k no!”, but then thought about it. Restoring the PvP buffs to PvE land might get a lot of the people that avoid PvP like the plague to step into Cyrodiil, and there just aren’t enough servers for each alliance to have their own “designated buff server” like we used to have, which would help to make them competitive.
    Edited by Marcus684 on November 25, 2019 2:08AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem is we no longer have alliance locked PvE. That would be wierd to see people in trials to do more DPS then their teammates only because they're from certain alliance. And that is only one of the many issues that bringing back old campaign buffs would bring.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Problem is we no longer have alliance locked PvE. That would be wierd to see people in trials to do more DPS then their teammates only because they're from certain alliance. And that is only one of the many issues that bringing back old campaign buffs would bring.

    This is why. We really don't want to go back to faction locked PVE.

    The only way I can think of to tie it in is for the buff to be linked to claiming ownership of a keep, where members of the guild get X buffs in PVE land while they hold it. The click competition at the Quartermaster might get fierce. :D
    PC NA
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Breton Magicka Templar, Dunmer Magicka DK, Bosmer Stamina NB, Nord Stamina Warden, Redguard Stamina Necro
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka NB, Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Orc Stamina Warden
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka Sorcerer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buff servers did little to encourage PvP back then. They merely encouraged splitting up the low pop servers so each alliance had a buff campaign. It did little to encourage PvP as those campaigns remained low pop and emp crowning campaigns.

    It was a bad idea then and there is no reason to think the would be a good idea today.
    Really, idk
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    It seems that PvP isn't as strong population-wise as it used to be. I like both PvP AND PvE, so I was thinking it would be very nice for both if we had the buff servers back. It would boost PvP populations as well as help out in PvE for trials and stuff. Hey, ZOS! Could we get the buff servers back?

    Sounds like a good idea....don't need faction locked PvE to benefit nor do we need 8 servers any longer. Back when they changed this I thought to myself of all the self important posters at the time saying they did not appreciate the surge of players that came with buff servers for the game. As the population dwindles to so very few in PvP and the advent of Battlegrounds AND the server that is not faction locked both failing miserably- I am reminded back when we had new players coming out to help get the server buff it was quite active in cyro all the time. Right now PvP is in death throws.


    Edited by Soul_Demon on November 25, 2019 12:31PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Nerfs Buffs! More Nerfs Buffs! More Nerfs Buffs!
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭
    I must say while I homed Haderus and guested Chilrend during the buff server days, I didn’t see many people from pve pvping. On Haderus I mostly fought against TM, I am not sure who the guild was I fought on Chilrend. I want to say most of the action was on the EP buff server that I never stepped foot in because I was EP. TBH - if it gets more people back to pvp idc. I think instead of going backwards, it would be nice for a the lag issues to be fixed and then see how they can encourage pvp population growth. No matter which way I personally feel pvp needs to grow.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - EP NA
    Esperanza de Casca - Templar - AD NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware of the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Azura’s Star
    Free No CP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I must say while I homed Haderus and guested Chilrend during the buff server days, I didn’t see many people from pve pvping. On Haderus I mostly fought against TM, I am not sure who the guild was I fought on Chilrend. I want to say most of the action was on the EP buff server that I never stepped foot in because I was EP. TBH - if it gets more people back to pvp idc. I think instead of going backwards, it would be nice for a the lag issues to be fixed and then see how they can encourage pvp population growth. No matter which way I personally feel pvp needs to grow.

    Those are some old campaign names. lol.

    You are correct. We would go into our buff campaign only to get our buffs back when needed for a score run. For PvP we went into the campaigns with actual populations so we could find PvP.
    Really, idk
Sign In or Register to comment.