The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

December 2019 showcase?

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Are they not even bringing back the Dapple Grey for New Life? Or Breda's Hair (the heroic poet)? :s
    I've been waiting for those original two grey horses for three years now. It seems like they lost the master file for them or something, because otherwise we would have seen them in a crown crate by now.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, this month's showcase is quite lackluster. :confused: Especially after the disappointing Black Friday 'sales' we had.

When I saw that they brought back nothing for this year's Black Friday, I thought they must be planning a Christmas sale instead. But no, they just apparently don't want to drive up their sales at all for the end of the year? Plenty of people would have had money to spend on returning items and deals during Black Friday and Christmas.

But we just get a bunch of old items that are pretty much a letdown: 3 nearly identical hats, a Furnishing/costume/emote bundle that was in the Crownstore less than 6 months ago! Meanwhile no old Furnishing packs that were removed over 2 years ago (Azura bundle), and no returning Crown Crates (we barely had any returning Crate Seasons this year, and with so many Seasons already it's basically impossible to get some of the older items).

Y U NO want money, ZOS? :tongue: Usually I don't have to ask you this...
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Agree, this month's showcase is quite lackluster. :confused: Especially after the disappointing Black Friday 'sales' we had.

When I saw that they brought back nothing for this year's Black Friday, I thought they must be planning a Christmas sale instead. But no, they just apparently don't want to drive up their sales at all for the end of the year? Plenty of people would have had money to spend on returning items and deals during Black Friday and Christmas.

But we just get a bunch of old items that are pretty much a letdown: 3 nearly identical hats, a Furnishing/costume/emote bundle that was in the Crownstore less than 6 months ago! Meanwhile no old Furnishing packs that were removed over 2 years ago (Azura bundle), and no returning Crown Crates (we barely had any returning Crate Seasons this year, and with so many Seasons already it's basically impossible to get some of the older items).

Y U NO want money, ZOS? :tongue: Usually I don't have to ask you this...

They're definitely going to make money this month. There's an inevitable Crown Sale due for this month, as well as the start of the new Frost Atronach Crown Crate Season towards either the end of this month or start of the next.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and flaming, both being against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, there goes my wallet.

I was expecting the Frostcaster motif and hoping that Iceheart would come back, so that's great for me. Plus the Frost Atronach mounts from the leaks look amazing enough to make me reconsider how much I normally don't care about Crown Crate mounts.

But the thing that's really getting me - I love the Bloodforge motif, and I was planning on getting it as soon as we got a Crown sale since 5000 is a bit on the high side for a motif. But now with it getting ready to leave the store...? I can't do dungeons yet and TTC has each page upwards of 10k gold, which I don't have yet...and there are so few listings for the helmet, and none below 65k...

Argh! And I'm betting we'll get a Crown sale around the end of December/beginning of January, so about two weeks too late!

I did want some things to rotate out, but I meant costumes. I really want to see the Heroic Poet hairstyle (Breda's) pop in, and I'm in dire need of the Arvel's Ashland outfit for a story right now.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pass. Maybe next year
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh man, there goes my wallet.

I was expecting the Frostcaster motif and hoping that Iceheart would come back, so that's great for me. Plus the Frost Atronach mounts from the leaks look amazing enough to make me reconsider how much I normally don't care about Crown Crate mounts.

But the thing that's really getting me - I love the Bloodforge motif, and I was planning on getting it as soon as we got a Crown sale since 5000 is a bit on the high side for a motif. But now with it getting ready to leave the store...? I can't do dungeons yet and TTC has each page upwards of 10k gold, which I don't have yet...and there are so few listings for the helmet, and none below 65k...

Argh! And I'm betting we'll get a Crown sale around the end of December/beginning of January, so about two weeks too late!

I did want some things to rotate out, but I meant costumes. I really want to see the Heroic Poet hairstyle (Breda's) pop in, and I'm in dire need of the Arvel's Ashland outfit for a story right now.

Do writs on 8 characters and you'll be making at least 20k gold a day. Save your crowns.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s nothing new because the new crates will release this month. I bet they’ll have more “new things.”

Not that I’m defending it! I agree this showcase is very boring/lackluster. Just making a prediction.

This was what I was most afraid of when the loot crates were announced (after they had specifically said they wouldn't go down that route - liars!). Back then, they said the crates would contain mostly old returning stuff, but now it seems to be the othr way around. There is absolutely NOTHING I want this month, either because I never wanted it, or I already have it. Some of this stuff I've been using for YEARS.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not bothered by those motifs retiring, but the Hunstman and Silver Dawn haven't been available all that long, so it's a bit surprising that they're taking them down at the same time as motifs that have been in the store for a long time.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where’s valkyn Skoria arms pack? Why bring back iceheart???
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    I have it, but I’m wondering why the Christmas horse isn’t listed? Unless It’ll be a limited time offer?
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS. I am disappoint.
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »
    I have it, but I’m wondering why the Christmas horse isn’t listed? Unless It’ll be a limited time offer?
    It would be lovely if they came out with a brown (or black) recolor of the Christmas horse, but I guess not.
    It would also be great to see the elk done up with sleigh bells as a Christmas mount. I'd buy either of those things.
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just disappointed they're not bringing the Winter Garland Dapple Gray back. I was looking forward to buying that one this year.
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they're so intent on bringing back old items - how about the Witch Knight Charger that we haven't seen since its original 4 day LTO two years ago? Or the Grey Yokudan Charger?
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    If they're so intent on bringing back old items - how about the Witch Knight Charger that we haven't seen since its original 4 day LTO two years ago? Or the Grey Yokudan Charger?

This, this, and Dapple Grey Palfrey please. :) The only 3 normal non-magical horses I'm missing and two of them haven't made an appearance since they were removed from the crown store in May 2015! :/

Edit to add: May 2015 was pre-console release!
    Edited by Zorrin on December 5, 2019 6:07AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depressing. Just being reminded that the mount I wanted second-most of any in the game is still a gem exclusive and therefore completely out of my reach. Crown sale won't be until it's no longer in the store and even if they decided to do that earlier than usual I can't afford to buy tens of thousands of crowns to buy crates full of stuff I'm not really interested in to get enough gems. The gem system is to me the most frustrating thing ZOS marketing has come up with so far, and it puts me in such a bad mood I'm not even interested in anything else they have in the store this month. Bah, humbug.
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It would also be great to see the elk done up with sleigh bells as a Christmas mount.

That. Would. Be. Great.
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    I was so sure they were going to introduce the Legendary Dragon Hunter gear this month. Dangit.
    Molag's balls!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a snow senche with the Winter Garland and bells.

The horse is lovely, but I tend to only use senches and wolves as mounts.

An ice wolf with the garland and bells would also be nice, actually.

A great elk with them would also be great to place in houses.

Also, star decoration lights, for the tops of trees - a smaller one for the New Life tree (and smaller firs) and a large one for larger fir trees, outside.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 9, 2019 8:23AM
  • Hopfm
    Hopfm
    ✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Where’s valkyn Skoria arms pack? Why bring back iceheart???

^^^^^^ THIS!

Let me swing a glowing hot Deadric Greatsword!
  • waswar292
    waswar292
    ✭✭
    Bit disappointing that there aren't many new things. It's just a few skins and tattoos in the crown crates.

Think the problem is, everything "new" is niché. They're not useful for roleplay at the least of it. Overdone makeup, some face pants and tattoos, ice mounts . . . Unless they're going with a Snow Elf theme in the next chapter, what's the point?

About the only damn new thing that's worth anything is the Maormer Fish Skin.

Costumes are recycled, as are the personalities. No new hairs. The emotes are holiday-related crap. Hell, if they're going to throw makeup in, why not the Crimson Flame Lipstick and the Subtle Dark Lashes, which actually look good on a multitude of characters?

It astounds me that there were crates in the past that I missed yet have amazing items in them, whereas there's the same crap that's been in the Crown store forever.