The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are the best skills for a magsorc ?

Czinczar
Czinczar
✭✭✭
Hello,
I think I have a pretty good amount of BGs matches played, but I am still not totally sure what skills I should take.
For example, daedric curse or not ? Degeneration or not ? Mage's fury or not ?
I understand that it also depends on playstyle. But for someone who queues almost exclusively solo, what could be the best set up ?
I used to always slot daedric curse, but I have removed it because I wanted to have a shield in main bar. So my bars look like this:
Flame staff:
1. Hardened ward
2. Structured entropy
3. Endless fury
4. Crystal frag
5. Crushing shock
6. Shooting star
Resto staff
1. Harness magicka
2. Regen
3. Streak
4. Crit surge
5. Boundless Storm
6. Life giver

When I am in defensive mode, I pop both shields and try to escape with streak if needed. They are both in position one so I pretty much spam the key on my keyboard and swap weapons. I like the heals on Structured entropy. I used not to slot Fury but in BGs you get a lot more kills with it and also I figured I had a problem to finish enemies, so I feel like it's perfect for me. I kind of want to slot back daedric curse but I don't know what I would remove for it. I used to slot storm atro instead of life giver but life giver is so good that you know when you use it you're going to survive, and it also heals teammates, just like regen. Shooting star... I don't know, it's often disappointing, even when combined with streak, I might replace it with storm atro... which is also often disappointing.

Do you think having 2 shields is too much ? When I am in the middle of a battle, I try to always have Hardened Ward up, and so that's why it's on front bar. I pretty much only swap to resto staff when things go sideways or I need to rebuff with crit surge and boundless.

Armor is BTB, Shacklebreaker and Bloodspawn.

What's your magsorc skill setup and how do you compare it to mine ? What are the flaws you see here ?
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class is your flaw. Quit following the meta.
  • Czinczar
    Czinczar
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I am following any meta. But I don't think there are so many ways to make a magsorc efficient in BGs. The core will always be the same, what ever the build (crystal frag, boundless....)
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taunky wrote: »
    Is magsorc meta in BGs right now? Just coming back, it was when I left but thought they nerfed it quite a bit.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is magsorc meta in BGs right now? Just coming back, it was when I left but thought they nerfed it quite a bit.

It's strong, but calling it meta might be a bit of a stretch. The only good tools it really has in BGs are Fury and Streak, and maybe massive amounts of pets if lower MMR.

Of course, that won't stop people from getting mad at skewed scoreboards or what it used to be a few patches ago. It's an easy scapegoat for the actual problems PvP has right now.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »

It's strong, but calling it meta might be a bit of a stretch. The only good tools it really has in BGs are Fury and Streak, and maybe massive amounts of pets if lower MMR.

Of course, that won't stop people from getting mad at skewed scoreboards or what it used to be a few patches ago. It's an easy scapegoat for the actual problems PvP has right now.

Yeah dusted off my Sorc (didn’t BG) but open world a bit and played without pet. It seems pretty well in line now, still useful but not broken like it was.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ball of lightning, Endless fury, Endless fury, Endless fury, Endless fury, Resto ult.

Same thing other bar.