The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Longfin Pastry with Melon Sauce tooltip broken [EDIT]

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Consuming this food now gives you a “buff” of +0 to all attributes. I first saw this earlier this week and thought it a weird temporary glitch, but it has persisted. Using another only refreshes the time and I have tried it on multiple characters with the same result. I took screenshots, of that would be of use. When I submitted a bug report in game, it did not give me an option to upload a screenshot although I checked the box.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone who checked on this! It is the tooltip in error only (PC NA); the bonus is still applied.
Edited by Araneae6537 on November 24, 2019 2:54PM
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Consuming this food now gives you a “buff” of +0 to all attributes. I first saw this earlier this week and thought it a weird temporary glitch, but it has persisted. Using another only refreshes the time and I have tried it on multiple characters with the same result. I took screenshots, of that would be of use. When I submitted a bug report in game, it did not give me an option to upload a screenshot although I checked the box.

Just did a quick test on one of my char - It's working here...
    Oh - if this is maybe important: PC EU
    Edited by Zabagad on November 24, 2019 7:35AM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use that on my main and she seems to have a stat boost the info says 0 boost but the buff is there570qr1c6yvcy.png
    zprr5p6mybby.png

before the longfin and after eating some as you see the stats really are buffed the tooltip is just wrong
    Edited by Salix_alba on November 24, 2019 7:41AM
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA btw
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even my tooltip is right (4462 + 4105) - German tooltip, but values shouldn't be effected by the language I guess?
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm certain this is prob just on the PC NA side I've seen fixes on the patch notes be region or language specific before. I'm looking at a gain of 5488 + 4926 and my toons provisioning is maxed on all choices so no idea if a buff makes it work better?
    Edited by Salix_alba on November 24, 2019 8:12AM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just the tooltip?

Or are you saying switching from blue food to pasty gives you stats like you ate nothing?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is only the tooltip after all! I am used to what my max magicka should be; changing my monster set I had the wrong weight for my shoulders which lost me a similar amount to what I would gain and with the tooltip bugging, I overlooked this! :open_mouth:

Thank you all so much for checking on this and I apologize for the misinformation (and will update my post)! Here I thought I’d checked everything last night! :sweat_smile:
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming I saw this character screen buff tooltip bug on PC/NA too BEFORE November 25 too. Not sure exactly when it started.