The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Memory leak after memory management improvement?

GlorphNoldorin
GlorphNoldorin
✭✭✭✭✭
it seems to me that the memory leak is as bad or worse than before the so called memory improvements of last patch.........I am worried if this is considered an improvement.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is worse for me...i often have to have task manager shut the game down for me.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have suspicions of a memory leak you could always export the leaking file to a dump file and send it to them ?

Out of interest What sort of memory size does it leak too? If it’s 4gb could be symptomatic of a 32bit process
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    If you have suspicions of a memory leak you could always export the leaking file to a dump file and send it to them ?

Out of interest What sort of memory size does it leak too? If it’s 4gb could be symptomatic of a 32bit process

IIRC ESO only works on 64 bit now regardless. 32 bit compatibility was removed sometime last year.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »
    MJallday wrote: »

IIRC ESO only works on 64 bit now regardless. 32 bit compatibility was removed sometime last year.

So if it’s 64bit then theoretically it can use as much memory as it needs (up to system limits) so it would be interesting to know Hiw much memory the crashing process is using.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they meant that the memory leak itself was improved?
    idea.gif

jo8z3yi8y1sw.png
    General
      * Fixed an issue where the memory leak had a chance to not leak enough memory. This increase in leakage will be noticed particularly in city areas where many players tend to congregate and result in much more frequent crashes.

Edited by SirAndy on November 22, 2019 4:54PM