Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

No Halls of Colossus icon on the map after completing the quest.

FlaviusVoyage
FlaviusVoyage
✭✭✭✭
I know I completed the prologue quests, but yet the Halls of Colossus does not show on the map in South Elsweyr. Is that normal? Can anyone confirm?
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that I haven't seen it on the in-game map. I'm pretty sure that's the case for a number of prologue quests and even some quests like the Fighter's Guild quest. You can't go back to or see the island that is related to the Murkmire DLC for instance. The Fighter's Guild quest takes you to a Dwemer ruin in Hammerfell, I remember being able to see its location on the Tamriel map by zooming out when you are there but they removed that ability. It isn't visible on the map either.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    The Fighter's Guild quest takes you to a Dwemer ruin in Hammerfell, I remember being able to see its location on the Tamriel map by zooming out when you are there but they removed that ability. It isn't visible on the map either.
    There is a PC add-on that places wayshrine markers on the world map for both the Earth Forge and Eyevea. Normally you would not be able to port into their respective wayshrines, and you still can't recall to them, but the add-on at least allows you to port into them from another wayshrine elsewhere.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    The Fighter's Guild quest takes you to a Dwemer ruin in Hammerfell, I remember being able to see its location on the Tamriel map by zooming out when you are there but they removed that ability. It isn't visible on the map either.
    There is a PC add-on that places wayshrine markers on the world map for both the Earth Forge and Eyevea. Normally you would not be able to port into their respective wayshrines, and you still can't recall to them, but the add-on at least allows you to port into them from another wayshrine elsewhere.

Thanks for the info but the Dwemer ruin I was talking about is part of the quest, not the Earth Forge, although they are both in the same unzoned region. It's called Mzeneldt, I could be wrong but I think the NPC said it was in Skyrim although UESP.net lists it as being in Hammerfell in the southern Dragontail Mountains. By the ESO era map that should be Skyrim. The Earth Forge is probably in the same region or at least close by. I think it does show up on the Tamriel map if you are there and zoom out.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly there's a map showing the location of a number of Dwarven ruins:
    LO-map-Dwemer_Ruins.jpg

While it shows The Earth Forge, it does not show Mzeneldt. So I can't be entirely sure of it's location.