The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Copy Documents/Elder Scrolls Online folder to new computer?

al-Khizr
al-Khizr
✭✭
I'm setting up a new computer and have installed a fresh copy of Elder Scrolls Online. To expedite the switch, can I copy my entire Documents/Elder Scrolls Online folder to the new computer rather than recreate my addons, settings, etc.?
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done exactly this and have no serious problems except one.

I did not plan for different screen resolutions between the two computers. A rookie mistake to be honest. It was a simple fix for the game of course. Some add-ons store their positions based on screen pixel distance from a reference point - that too was easily resolved.

Best of luck and here’s some good luck to you. At least you were smarter than me and asked first.

If you aren’t changing monitors then it likely won’t be an issue at all.

Ray
  • al-Khizr
    al-Khizr
    ✭✭
    Thanks! That's good to know! It's my intent to unplug monitor, keyboard, and mouse from old computer and plug into new.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should be fine, but if you do have an issue with any kind of settings files I would just try to repair ESO and then copy the Addon folder.

I remember I had a few issues with ESO when I copied it from my E: drive to C: drive but that may not have been anything to do with the Documents folder.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)