The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Good direction on communication

Vildebill
Vildebill
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
ZOS, I think you've stepped up your game a lot on the communication since the latest problems. Before, we rarely heard anything when problems occurred, but now we've had almost daily updates on the dungeon finder problem and the server performance problem, not only on the forums but in other communication channels and social media.

Since I think it's important to not only give feedback when a situation is bad, but also when it's good, I'd like to say that you are doing a lot better, please keep this up in the future. I personally have a much bigger understanding of your problems when I know about them and that you are actively working on them rather than being in the dark, and I think most people will agree on that.
EU PC
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It only took 5yrs, kudos
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the "We are working on a fix and we intend to..." copy and paste updates while we see no improvements on the activity finder and servers performance?
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    You mean the "We are working on a fix and we intend to..." copy and paste updates while we see no improvements on the activity finder and servers performance?

I think you should read the updates more thoroughly, there are information on what they are doing and that they plan to implement it as soon as possible. You're spreading misinformation which in turn spreads negativity.
    EU PC
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh profits are getting smaller? Haha ZOS people will never forget how you treat your customers. Now they have invested too much time and money but every game has a life cycle and there will come a day when you gonna see a finger.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »

I think you should read the updates more thoroughly, there are information on what they are doing and that they plan to implement it as soon as possible. You're spreading misinformation which in turn spreads negativity.

Their updates are the same thing with different words. We don't need robotic posts to know they are working as it's what they have to do. We don't need to tell them to tell us they are working. I don't mean those kind of updates.

I mean we need other type of updates and responses. What's going on with the servers? ANYONE here knows what's going on? Have you ever received a CLEAR update or response from ZOS, and I mean CLEAR, of WHEN it will be fixed? And IF it will be fixed?

Let's do this. And this is real issue for A LOT of players. Currently when I am in one of the major cities (I could say anywhere in fact), I stay idle, doing NOTHING, but my ping goes to red numbers. And this is happening to A LOT of players (I read guild chats, Discords, forums, etc.) from some time now after last patches. How is this possible?

So, I will open a thread now on the forums, tag some ZOS Devs, tag some Community Managers, etc. and I can bet you ALL my in-game gold I get NO ANSWER for that REALLY IMPORTANT situation. Would you like to bet?

I'm really suffering non-sense lag, by being idle, and I'm not having not even one word of answer about that. So they choose what they want to communicate, and then just copy and paste the same "Working on..." forever.

Housing issues, unanswered. PvP issues, unanswered. Combat issues, unanswered. Sets, skills, passives, dungeons, trials, etc., issues, unanswered.

Don't tell me they have improved just because they are posting daily updates about the Activity Finder that has been broken forever now. What kind of update is an update for something that is NEVER fixed?

And updates about the server performance? Really? Really?! When was the last one?

Edited by Dragonnord on November 21, 2019 12:47PM
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you have an understanding of why PC EU cratered twice this week?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Operation Storm ZoS! If we all sprint glitch on top of our horses, they can’t stop us all! Lemme see dem server fixes...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Their updates are the same thing with different words. We don't need robotic posts to know they are working as it's what they have to do. We don't need to tell them to tell us they are working. I don't mean those kind of updates.

I mean we need other type of updates and responses. What's going on with the servers? ANYONE here knows what's going on? Have you ever received a CLEAR update or response from ZOS, and I mean CLEAR, of WHEN it will be fixed? And IF it will be fixed?

Let's do this. And this is real issue for A LOT of players. Currently when I am in one of the major cities (I could say anywhere in fact), I stay idle, doing NOTHING, but my ping goes to red numbers. And this is happening to A LOT of players (I read guild chats, Discords, forums, etc.) from some time now after last patches. How is this possible?

So, I will open a thread now on the forums, tag some ZOS Devs, tag some Community Managers, etc. and I can bet you ALL my in-game gold I get NO ANSWER for that REALLY IMPORTANT situation. Would you like to bet?

I'm really suffering non-sense lag, by being idle, and I'm not having not even one word of answer about that. So they choose what they want to communicate, and then just copy and paste the same "Working on..." forever.

Housing issues, unanswered. PvP issues, unanswered. Combat issues, unanswered. Sets, skills, passives, dungeons, trials, etc., issues, unanswered.

Don't tell me they have improved just because they are posting daily updates about the Activity Finder that has been broken forever now. What kind of update is an update for something that is NEVER fixed?

And updates about the server performance? Really? Really?! When was the last one?

Simple people like simple answers I guess...

You know you don't have to be here right?
    EU PC
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I take my time to post my real and honest opinion and you respond by saying I don't have to be here? You can't stand someone having a different point of view that you have to be that aggressive? Nice!

PS: You started to derail your own thread.

Edited by Dragonnord on November 21, 2019 1:24PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still looks a lot like "Minimum Candor" from where I'm sitting.
    PC EU
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I take my time to post my real and honest opinion and you respond by saying I don't have to be here? You can't stand someone having a different point of view that you have to be that aggressive? Nice!

Then I'll give you the long answer that I didn't want to give you before since I don't think it's worth my time.

Firstly, you complain about ZOS's messages, that they are the same thing with different words. That's an outright lie, take the last update for example, they have stated that QA is testing the new update, that the unaunted event will come back when the update is stable, and that dragonguard dungeon thing relies little of the activity finder. That's not generic.

Secondly, you complain about your ping from your single point of view, seemingly not taking into account all the variables that might give this problem. Pure complaining. And again, ZOS has multiple statements about server performance, including a roadmap of performance fixes that hopefully will solve your problem. It seems you just ignore this information. While I agree with you that it's frustrating with all the lag and server downtime, ZOS seems to take it seriously, if you believe what they are communicating.

So this is why I answered like I did. Your pure complaining isn't constructive at all, and if you're just gonna complain and lie about the communication I'd prefer that you didn't answer at all. Because even if you are frustrated, just like me and probably a lot of players, my point still stands. ZOS has started to communicate more. And I think it's good that they do.
    EU PC
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
     [/quote]Simple people like simple answers I guess..[/quote]

Love it when people resort to veiled insults when somebodies post doesn't align with their poor opinion of the game..
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    "ZOS has started to communicate more"

They have posted more "updates" recently so technically they have communicated more it but it's more out of necessity and damage Control.

Communication with the playerbase is a different thing alltogether because that involves listening and giving relevant replies and to inform us what their plans are for the game not just to tell us that they are trying to fix things.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate getting the smaller, more frequent updates. Yes, it kinda sucks to keep hearing "No, its not ready yet, sorry" but on the other hand, the feeling of the unknown and wondering if ZOS is even working on an issue at all also really sucks.

In my experience, the discussions that take place in the absence of any updates tend to be a lot nastier than the ones about the updates. Absence of feedback tends to feed our fears and anger worse than getting periodic, if somewhat disappointing updates. I think the Undaunted Events updates and the monthly Performance Plan article are excellent examples of ZOS doing this better. Obviously we'd rather have better news, but I'll take bad news over ignorance.

I've also noticed the very recent extra effort at communication from some of the mods, notably ZOS_Nith to offer comments on posts they've read and to pass on issues when needed. That's a recent answer to a longstanding complaint on the forums that the mods mostly engage to moderate or close threads - and I hope that more mods and devs will join in by responding on threads they've read. This helps by giving us tangible evidence that our feedback is at least read and listened to, even though it may not be implemented.

This is all a new change for ZOS. I like it. Keep it up, and as we get more used to receiving regular updates, it can serve as a groundwork for better communication. ZOS, please don't go back to not updating us and leaving us ignorant.

Some ways I think ZOS can improve this communication moving forward:
    The Devs and Community Managers seem to rely on players using the Dev Tracker and Recent Discussions to find updates like the Undaunted Event and the password reset issue from last weekend.
    Now, you'll never get around the issue of players who just rush to the forums and post their problem without checking for similar threads or Dev info, but...
    1. Unless I'm missing something, Mobile Users can't easily access the Dev Tracker through the menus. I mostly use mobile so I actually have the Dev Tracker saved as a bookmark and access it from a different tab than regularly browsing the forums. That's a workaround, but inferior to being able to access Dev Tracker through the regular forum menus. (If I'm missing something besides "use the full site", please let me know!)
    2. The Official Website and in-game announcements seemed pretty slow to update compared to the Forums when it came to the Undaunted Event. I've done enough with website management to know that it's probably not as simple as it seems to update with a cancellation notice, but that's definitely an area to highlight for improvements as future events are likely to need changes and extensions unless PC/EU is fixed for real.

Again, I like the improvements to communication. I'd rather have more frequent, if somewhat disappointing updates than be left in ignorance to fear the worst. Keep it up, ZOS!
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then I'll give you the long answer that I didn't want to give you before since I don't think it's worth my time.

Firstly, you complain about ZOS's messages, that they are the same thing with different words. That's an outright lie, take the last update for example, they have stated that QA is testing the new update, that the unaunted event will come back when the update is stable, and that dragonguard dungeon thing relies little of the activity finder. That's not generic.

Secondly, you complain about your ping from your single point of view, seemingly not taking into account all the variables that might give this problem. Pure complaining. And again, ZOS has multiple statements about server performance, including a roadmap of performance fixes that hopefully will solve your problem. It seems you just ignore this information. While I agree with you that it's frustrating with all the lag and server downtime, ZOS seems to take it seriously, if you believe what they are communicating.

So this is why I answered like I did. Your pure complaining isn't constructive at all, and if you're just gonna complain and lie about the communication I'd prefer that you didn't answer at all. Because even if you are frustrated, just like me and probably a lot of players, my point still stands. ZOS has started to communicate more. And I think it's good that they do.

And I think not, and you should have respected my opinion from my very first word. The way you see it it's clearly not the way I see it, because stating "We are working", "We are testing", "Went for QA", "We intend to", even when accompanied by a full paragraph it's not enough for me, after 5 years of reading the same things expressed in different ways.

Working, testing, QAing, intending, expecting, etc. is what they do daily.

So, again, as I see it is not clear yet; I mentioned those ARE NOT the type of responses the majority of us needs and requests.

And another again; I told you they are only providing updates for the Undaunted Event, but lack answers and responses for dozens, and dozens and dozens of other issues the players and game are having.

There are several, a lot of issues where ZOS chose to remain muted.

So don't tell me they're improving their communication with the community when only ONE person (Gina) is giving daily updates for ONE event (Undaunted), out of a looooooot of issues, from small to big, unanswered and unresolved, even after a loooooooot of time of being reported.

Do you know we told them this was going to happened if they released an activity finder event? Did they communicate with us about this? Nope! They released it anyways, and guess what happened?... ... ...

Now they are providing updates about something we already know.

Edited by Dragonnord on November 21, 2019 2:08PM
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I appreciate getting the smaller, more frequent updates. Yes, it kinda sucks to keep hearing "No, its not ready yet, sorry" but on the other hand, the feeling of the unknown and wondering if ZOS is even working on an issue at all also really sucks.

In my experience, the discussions that take place in the absence of any updates tend to be a lot nastier than the ones about the updates. Absence of feedback tends to feed our fears and anger worse than getting periodic, if somewhat disappointing updates. I think the Undaunted Events updates and the monthly Performance Plan article are excellent examples of ZOS doing this better. Obviously we'd rather have better news, but I'll take bad news over ignorance.

I've also noticed the very recent extra effort at communication from some of the mods, notably ZOS_Nith to offer comments on posts they've read and to pass on issues when needed. That's a recent answer to a longstanding complaint on the forums that the mods mostly engage to moderate or close threads - and I hope that more mods and devs will join in by responding on threads they've read. This helps by giving us tangible evidence that our feedback is at least read and listened to, even though it may not be implemented.

This is all a new change for ZOS. I like it. Keep it up, and as we get more used to receiving regular updates, it can serve as a groundwork for better communication. ZOS, please don't go back to not updating us and leaving us ignorant.

The Devs and Community Managers seem to rely on players using the Dev Tracker and Recent Discussions to find updates like the Undaunted Event and the password reset issue from last weekend.
    Now, you'll never get around the issue of players who just rush to the forums and post their problem without checking for similar threads or Dev info, but...
    1. Unless I'm missing something, Mobile Users can't easily access the Dev Tracker through the menus. I mostly use mobile so I actually have the Dev Tracker saved as a bookmark and access it from a different tab than regularly browsing the forums. That's a workaround, but inferior to being able to access Dev Tracker through the regular forum menus. (If I'm missing something besides "use the full site", please let me know!)
    2. The Official Website and in-game announcements seemed pretty slow to update compared to the Forums when it came to the Undaunted Event. I've done enough with website management to know that it's probably not as simple as it seems to update with a cancellation notice, but that's definitely an area to highlight for improvements as future events are likely to need changes and extensions unless PC/EU is fixed for real.

Again, I like the improvements to communication. I'd rather have more frequent, if somewhat disappointing updates than be left in ignorance to fear the worst. Keep it up, ZOS!

Nice to see that someone else is noticing this as well. As you say, I've never seen this kind of communication before from ZOS, I I hope they'll keep it up.
    EU PC
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better ? What's better ?
    ZOS never left us completely in the dark, they've always given us news and updates as soon as they were available.
    They never gave us technical details
    Some people think it's fine, some people think it's not enough - to each their own.
    BUT nothing has changed, for better or worse, they've always communicated with us this way. There's no reason for more complaining, nor for more praising.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 21, 2019 2:18PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    It only took 5yrs, kudos

Better late than never.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see that someone else is noticing this as well. As you say, I've never seen this kind of communication before from ZOS, I I hope they'll keep it up.

Its definitely a matter where they have to keep up the better communication, though. I'd love to see them expand this approach to more issues, like the recurring PC/EU issues.

One of the best criticisms of this recent change is that its not comprehensive. Players have different things they care about. So some players may feel satisfied if they cared about the Undaunted Event rewards, while other players still feel left in ignorance like the PC/EU players going "Okay, what are you doing to make sure our server doesn't break the minute we all log on for an event?"

Admittedly, its human nature to feel like Dev attention is a zero-sum game, and thus that if the Devs aren't talking about an issue then they must be ignoring it...but, well, the forums are made up of a bunch of humans who have valid reasons to fear the worst when left in ignorance. Timely Dev updates on the issues facing the playerbase is a great way to combat that fear and reassure us that issues aren't being ignored even though the Devs aren't miracle workers who can fix everything.

I'm trying to encourage ZOS to keep up with this style of communication because I really don't want to go back to being in ignorance on most issues and I'd really love it if they decide this is successful enough to expand this approach to more issues.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts were removed from this thread due to their non-constructive nature. Please remember to be civil and abide to the community rules in your discussions.
    Staff Post
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it starts to hurt your Wallet, you open your Faucet

#rhyme master :D:D
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to Gina and her crew for the continued updates and information. However, the activity finder queuing is just a black sheep of ESO. I'm telling them, they just need to emplace a separate group forming screen where we can go to see what event/content is being form and what roles are needed. You apply, and a notification would be sent via text chat to the crown to accept or deny. Once filled, that group can just queue straight into the dungeon. Would be faster than having to spam zone chats or guild chat to get roles that are needed.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh please this is normal bipolar communication from them. When things are bad, they're mum; when things get worse we get a good string of "communication". It'll go back to mum again
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With so many issues still unanswered for weeks and months, a daily "we're still looking at it" for the new broken group finder that replaced the old broken group finder is proof of improved communication?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know if ZOS ever says something about stuck in combat or Undo not working.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Let me know if ZOS ever says something about stuck in combat or Undo not working.

Don't worry! In 5 years ZOS will provide an update about the stuck in combat bug and someone will open a thread saying ZOS communication has improved. :#

• essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Improvement, but still not where it needs to be, this is one instance of ZOS showing ability to communicate around an issue.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to separate the message from the overall picture.

This time ZOS appear to have got it right. In contrast to previous years.

They have accepted there was an issue.

They have set up a clear route of communication (a pinned thread in the forum)

They have announced a timetable for responses

They have stuck to the timetable even when the messages were simply “we are still working on this. Next update in x days”.

That is communication at its best.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their communication has improved as much as performance has gone to ****.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the communication improvement. I see a pinned thread that seems to be active only by users.

I really don't care if zeni is active in communication unless the servers are down and we need to know when they come back up. However, I think it would be nice to have a place where players can go and see what tasks/bug fixes are being worked on. Seems like the current communication is flooded by players gibberish comments. If communication has improved, I haven't noticed it.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)