The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

More Ignore List Space

LoneStar2911
LoneStar2911
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you appreciate, and/or think other players would appreciate, an ignore list that could store at least double the current limit?
(The IN-GAME ignore list.)

In my opinion, we shouldn't have to remove an ignored player just to add a new one to the list. So, having a limit at all stinks. But I'd settle for double the limit at this point.

Honestly, I have less than 10 accounts on my ignore list. But it seems to be growing every day. Trolls and smarmy players and elitist you-know-whats are getting worse and worse.
BUT, that's not what this poll is about. So, again...

Would you appreciate, and/or think other players would appreciate, an ignore list that could store at least double the current limit?
(The in-game ignore list.)
Edited by LoneStar2911 on November 20, 2019 3:46PM

More Ignore List Space 115 votes

Yes.
39%
Alomarfastolfv_ESOGilvothAcrolasdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOXerenAzuryaChickensteinCaffeinatedMayhemxTAKISxGarishFischyJonesNova SkyMayraelkaluntevonScuzzmanjad11mumblervamp_emilyOhtimbarHelgi_Skotina 45 votes
No. (Please state why.)
12%
GythralidkAdernathEirellalaksikussusmitdsPuzzlenutsphileunderx2StaticWaveBlood_againDarkenarlolThePedgeketsparrowhawkPauls 14 votes
I never ignore anyone, so no. (Please state why.)
26%
SolarikenKhenarthizariaSaltisolThe_AurorTaleof2CitiesDefiltedCasulAsardesjlboozernickl413Electrone_MagnusHalvarIronfistRave the HistbornJumpmanLaneZacuelredlink1979Jawshoeuhjoergingerwhitecrow 30 votes
I don't need the limit increased, but other players might like it.
22%
wild_kmacdb16_ESOjircris11HuyenIndorilArwynLlethranDojohodaWeisstagpraxisGiantFruitFlyOrjixLadislaoaltunit21DrathlyOolongSnakeTeaQaghShantuDosuulSylvermynxStarlockpdblakebmnoble 26 votes
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had a reason to ignore anyone, they usually say what they feel they need to say and then it's usually over is my experience.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have only shortly placed people on ignore list, then deleted them from there. The main reason was guild or zone chat spam. Generally I'm not a quarrelsome type, so I don't need to use it against people I don't play with. I also delete from my friends list periodically the people I haven't interacted with in a few months. So it rarely reaches into double digits.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of salty whispers received in my day, but I see 0 reason to ban them from my chat box. Besides, several salty exchanges have actually turned into friends added, so best not to burn bridges.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We all got some bad experiences in pug dungeons or PvP salty/childish people...

If you just ignore the in-game messages and they will go away: if you don't reply, there's no fuel...

On the other hand, only friends can message me thru psn.

Edited: typo.
    Edited by redlink1979 on November 20, 2019 3:42PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... are you talking about an in-game ignore list? Not the forum?

... I'm guessing this is a PC/Mac only problem. The ignore list for Xbox is well over 10.
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Hah. Yeah. I didn't think to specify. I'll see if I can edit the post.
    But yes... the in-game ignore list.
    It is currently limited to 50 or 100, I believe.
    Edited by LoneStar2911 on November 20, 2019 3:44PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Or just fix russian font/put russian in a different zone chat channel. Those guild adverts that take all the chat window hurt my eyes.

P.S.: I'm a fluent russian speaker.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the ignore list limit 100 people?

I think if you have reached the limit on the ignore list then I think it is more of a sensitivity issue.

If someone is bothering you and you don't have the capacity to just keep scrolling and not be affected by it just walk away form the computer or close your eyes.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. (Please state why.)
    No
    In most cases turning 'general' off seems enough for the bulk (if it is really bad) and the small ignore list can usually be cleared every few days...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »

I think if you have reached the limit on the ignore list then I think it is more of a sensitivity issue.

If someone is bothering you and you don't have the capacity to just keep scrolling and not be affected by it just walk away form the computer or close your eyes.

What, you mean you don't have routine scammers on PC/Mac? I always put those on my block list on Xbox instantly after calling them out for their scams. It's why my block list is as big as it is. And since there is no way on console to turn off just zone chat, well... yeah, you bet I don't want to "keep scrolling" when "scrolling" means I have to open up another interface with several button presses to see what my guildmates were talking about if some punk floods chat with nonsense.
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Rofl. Nice. But let's assume if someone has reached 100 ignored players, that this has been done over several years.
    Again... not me. I have less than 10 people ignored. Maybe less than 5. But I've only been playing for 6 months or so.

Edit/update: Also, people don't ignore others only due to hurt feelings or bruised egos. It can be due to spamming, soliciting, trolling, scamming, etc etc etc.
    Edited by LoneStar2911 on November 20, 2019 3:52PM
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    Amber322 wrote: »

Rofl. Nice. But let's assume if someone has reached 100 ignored players, that this has been done over several years.
    Again... not me. I have less than 10 people ignored. Maybe less than 5. But I've only been playing for 6 months or so.

If you have 100 people on your ignore list then it is probably over a long period of time. Removing a person on your list that has been there the longest to add a recent one won't make that original person on ignore all of a sudden spam whispering you hateful insults.

He has likely long forgotten you being the reason your PUG wiped in a vet dungeon while you were queued as something you shouldn't have a few months ago, or you going 0-21 in a BG because you were in PVE gear and just wanted the daily experience.

But going back to my point, if your ignore list has gotten that long and that extreme then it is likely a sensitivity issue and/or a victim complex issue, believing that everyones coming after you on a daily basis unless you have them on ignore.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. (Please state why.)
    Stop talking to trolls in zone chat, hate whisperers in PvP and stuff like that . It goes a long way not having to worry about the ignore list.

Heed a little advice from the late great George Carlin and that ignore list will be a thing of the past. My bet is not heading his advice is why some have full ignore lists.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin
    Edited by idk on November 20, 2019 4:04PM
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    @Shanehere - At this point, you're derailing the post. This isn't about people needing to toughen up or whatnot. So please cease and desist.
    This thread is about whether or not players would like to have an increased limit on their ignore list, or feel other players may appreciate having it increased.

I don't care about anyone's opinion concerning how other players handle annoyances or conflicts. Stay on topic, please.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

What, you mean you don't have routine scammers on PC/Mac? I always put those on my block list on Xbox instantly after calling them out for their scams. It's why my block list is as big as it is. And since there is no way on console to turn off just zone chat, well... yeah, you bet I don't want to "keep scrolling" when "scrolling" means I have to open up another interface with several button presses to see what my guildmates were talking about if some punk floods chat with nonsense.

I don't know the statistics, but there are likely similar numbers if not more "scammers" on PC. It's also a broad term so I'm not sure what you mean by it specifically.

But yeah, I personally don't call them out or feel compelled to block them.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, we shouldn't have to remove an ignored player just to add a new one to the list. So, having a limit at all stinks. But I'd settle for double the limit at this point.

Honestly, I have less than 10 accounts on my ignore list. But it seems to be growing every day. Trolls and smarmy players and elitist you-know-whats are getting worse and worse.

I have only ever had cause to ignore 1 person in 4+ years of ESO. So for me its simply not an issue.

The only time I did, was because they were being incessantly abusive and insulting with whispers, after I had politely and constructively highlighted a few issues during a dungeon run.

Before any dev time is spent on anything like this there are umpteen other quality of life improvements I would prefer to see.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. (Please state why.)

I have only ever had cause to ignore 1 person in 4+ years of ESO. So for me its simply not an issue.

The only time I did, was because they were being incessantly abusive and insulting with whispers, after I had politely and constructively highlighted a few issues during a dungeon run.

Before any dev time is spent on anything like this there are umpteen other quality of life improvements I would prefer to see.

and that is pretty much the only time the ignore list serves any purpose. You can still see their chat and they can see yours. It only blocks PM and mail.

A player complained about hate whispers in PvP. I suggested not replying to them, that they feed off getting players worked up. Do not feed them and they go away. In short they sent me a PM in the forums trying to argue with me. It told me exactly what was occurring in PvP.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    @Shanehere - At this point, you're derailing the post. This isn't about people needing to toughen up or whatnot. So please cease and desist.
    This thread is about whether or not players would like to have an increased limit on their ignore list, or feel other players may appreciate having it increased.

I don't care about anyone's opinion concerning how other players handle annoyances or conflicts. Stay on topic, please.

There's an ignore option on the forums as well, not sure what the limit is though :)

Sorry I had to.

But yeah, you made a poll with an option on why people don't ignore, and to state why... and that's my opinion on it. You can't reel it in now that you don't like certain responses. I may have been harsh in my wording but a few others have shared a similar outlook.

If you don't want differing opinions, maybe just make the option "I don't ignore anyone" and leave it at that, or not put it there at all?
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. (Please state why.)
    I don't add so many people to ignore. Usually kick is enough.
    If add someone, I provide the month/year of ignoring. So once I meet the full list, I could clean the elder records. I think the record aged 2-3 years is not actual anymore :smile:
    I'd rather prefer a feature like 'ignored timestamp' added automatically in the ignore list, so I could sort and clean the list easy.
    Anyway I'm far from full-list point.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

and that is pretty much the only time the ignore list serves any purpose. You can still see their chat and they can see yours. It only blocks PM and mail.

A player complained about hate whispers in PvP. I suggested not replying to them, that they feed off getting players worked up. Do not feed them and they go away. In short they sent me a PM in the forums trying to argue with me. It told me exactly what was occurring in PvP.

A majority of the friendships I've made in this game have started with hate whispers in PVP. Definitely sound advice to ignore it if you don't play like that, but sometimes trash talk can blossom into something.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. (Please state why.)
    idk wrote: »

A majority of the friendships I've made in this game have started with hate whispers in PVP. Definitely sound advice to ignore it if you don't play like that, but sometimes trash talk can blossom into something.

I would venture to suggest the person who has a full ignore list reacts a little differently. If you can handle it great. If you cannot that ignore list probably fills up fast.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I think the block list should be like 10 people tops. You shouldn't need to block anyone in the first place it is a videogame.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any people on the ignore list that have not been in game for more than 3 months are probably ok to purge. Usually those folks are not coming back. And, if they do come back, they have probably forgotten about you and have moved on to others to annoy.

Besides, you can always add them back in the rare cases of them returning and then annoying you.

Yes, I realize some are annoying just because they exist.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I agree a full ignore list my be indicative off other personal issues, it's not my business to dictate the merits. If someone is very sensitive, that's their business.

Keep in mind, however, if every user posting text in your chat window has to be filtered through an extensive ignore list, the limit might be a technical one to prevent deterioration of chat performance.

Unless there is reason to leave it on, I just turn of all sources of chat (zone, say, tell, etc.) except for guilds. Can't recall the last time I added anyone.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    from spammers to bow racists through all the ppl who has issues with their own anger managment in pvp i could personnally have a use of a larger ignore list :pensive:

still removing ppl from ignore list may give them another chance to show how nice they can be =) (or not :p)
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I had a rule for myself to never put anyone on ignore. Because, what salty whisper will ever really hurt you? It was a useless list for me.

Until I was done with all those guild advertisements filling my whole chatbox, and now my ignore list is almost full with advertisers only.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Searching larger ignore lists will cause more lag. Let's not add to server-side work.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see why people would want it to not be increased. I’ve been fortunate to only have run into a few trolls/super toxic players so my list is no where near 100, but if others have and want the cap increased, why would others take issue with this?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Personal issues for putting people on an ignore list? lol

Anyone that tells me to "STFU" for calling for help in PvP is on my ignore list.
    Anyone who calls me names is on my ignore list.
    Anyone who makes fun of me is on my ignore list.
    People that are being annoying in chat are on my ignore list.
    Anyone who harasses me is on my ignore list.
    Anyone who threatens me is on my ignore list.

100 is obviously not enough spots. I always have to delete people off my ignore list to add more players to it. We should have an unlimited number.

I maybe wrong but I don't think the ignore list indicates when the last time the player logged in. Are they sorted in some type of order? I normally just randomly un-ignore players to add more to my list. It would be nice to be able to delete the people that haven't logged in for a few months first.

Edited by vamp_emily on November 20, 2019 5:09PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can ignore anyone I want without the need of a list.. Even if someone is whispering you. No one is making you read it. 99.9% of trolls will stop very quickly when you never respond.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear