The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragonknight wings

Shaloknir
Shaloknir
✭✭✭
In my opinion, wings should give us major expedition. Currently wings is a bit costly in comparison to the benefits. It would help the playstyle, because you could close thep gap to melee range better. Its not too much, right?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should just give it the reflect back.
    PC EU
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if DK had a gap closer that also had major expedition?
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

MagDK - yes, because chains are synergizing with molten whip.
    For stamDK empowering chains are just a trash. When I look at toppling charge I am so jealous. Why one class has stun and off-balance on gap closer, and another has empower and major expedition. Cost is the same lol.

I don't call for templar nerfs, I just think DK needs more juice either to wings or to chains.
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to put Wings back on my back bar. stamDK here.

there's just so many better options. shield line, fighters line, psijic line....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice try dks... :p
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The combat team are one nightblade and one templar main, sooo.. not happening.

Its also very cute of them to completely ignore stamina Dks while reworking the thing. Just as expected from our great dev team. Reworking an iconic Dk skill based on what MAGBLADE mains think.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 20, 2019 5:25PM
    Options
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    I would love that. The only reason I use race against time over wings is because of the expedition it gives. I can't handle the mobility without it.

Snare removal, expedition, and reduced ranged damage? Excellent. The expedition also fits the aesthetic of the skill. People would definitely complain though.
    Options
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »
    I would love that. The only reason I use race against time over wings is because of the expedition it gives. I can't handle the mobility without it.

Snare removal, expedition, and reduced ranged damage? Excellent. The expedition also fits the aesthetic of the skill. People would definitely complain though.

I totally agree 😊
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want expedition on your Wings play a warden lol
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers would probably find a reason to cry about it.
    Options
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss wings. They should do something with it. I don't care what. Just make it more viable.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

Minor berserk for being slotted will do too :D
    Options
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it's on my bar now and against anything other than potatoes or some brain dead npc
    Its garbage
    Options
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah right lolllllllllllllll
    Options
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

Reasonable opinion. It is currently part of warden class identity. In my opinion though both classes could have wings as a mobility skill. Both wings have another unique element in addition to expedition: warden has minor berserk, dk has ranged mitigation.

Anyway, playing warden is not something i want because i like magdk.

Expedition is just something that would fit dk class identity and playstyle. It wont affect too much class balance. At least i dont think it does.
    Options
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make it reflect if enemy is further than 12 meters
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Quite useful when you are trying to run away from combat, or your class is labelled as the "stay your ground" class
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Quite useful when you are trying to run away from combat, or your class is labelled as the "stay your ground" class

And I run RaT instead of both Chains and Wings for that reason. But the OP asked for Wings to give expedition so they could "close the gap to melee range." That function already exists in the class.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

And I run RaT instead of both Chains and Wings for that reason. But the OP asked for Wings to give expedition so they could "close the gap to melee range." That function already exists in the class.

You're acting as if classes have infinite bar space. An ability sometimes needs to fill more than one need to be worth using.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 21, 2019 10:41PM
    Options
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    The combat team are one nightblade and one templar main, sooo.. not happening.

Its also very cute of them to completely ignore stamina Dks while reworking the thing. Just as expected from our great dev team. Reworking an iconic Dk skill based on what MAGBLADE mains think.

Stamblade and magplar. I mean look at magicka Nightblade lmoa
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, please buff DK more because it's not already the secret #1 go to class stam or mag this patch :D
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Yes, please buff DK more because it's not already the secret #1 go to class stam or mag this patch :D

no it's not.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People here act like old wings was balanced.

It wasn't, it was literally the most broken hard counter to bow build, magicka NB and magicka sorc.

Let's add a skill that reflect melee damage then I will agree to buff again reflect hard counter wings.

The arguments used here are really dumb.

For some reason dk decided to need to "have a range counter" while there is other classes that are as mobile as DK and hwo have not, and doesn't complain/struggle without it.

If you want to close the range, use your class gap closer or the weapons one.

And if you want to counter range, slot wings - 50% damage reduction is like permablocking without a shield. This is already huge.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

It wasn't, it was literally the most broken hard counter to bow build, magicka NB and magicka sorc.

Let's add a skill that reflect melee damage then I will agree to buff again reflect hard counter wings.

For some reason dk decided to need to "have a range counter" while there is other classes that are as mobile as DK and hwo have not, and doesn't complain/struggle without it.

And if you want to counter range, slot wings - 50% damage reduction is like permablocking without a shield. This is already huge.

There is one very simple argument. Ball of lightning provides exactly the same as wings but with gap closer/escape tool on top of that. Toppling charge provides stun and off-balance while empowering chains provide 2 empowers (lol) and major expedition. Cost is the same. Many DK abilities are for unknown reason less "juicy" then Sorc's or Templar's. Without calling for nerfs of 2 those classes, we want a slight buff to ours, so our abilities will have same "power budget".
    Options
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭

There is one very simple argument. Ball of lightning provides exactly the same as wings but with gap closer/escape tool on top of that. Toppling charge provides stun and off-balance while empowering chains provide 2 empowers (lol) and major expedition. Cost is the same. Many DK abilities are for unknown reason less "juicy" then Sorc's or Templar's. Without calling for nerfs of 2 those classes, we want a slight buff to ours, so our abilities will have same "power budget".

This isn't an argument to buff DK; you're completely off the mark. This is an argument to nerf Ball of Lightning and Toppling.

While all skills should feel sufficiently powerful, many skills overperform to such a degree that it becomes oppressive. BoL is like the old wings, just with a lot of additional effects attached; and the old wings were oppressive enough already.

The only way I ever see wings getting a complete projectile immunity back is if it only lasts for a certain amount of projectiles and damage, a lot like Warden's Crystalline Shield. And even then, while the old wings (kind of) did this, it shouldn't reflect for full damage.
    Edited by Rahar on November 22, 2019 7:41PM
    NeRf MaGsOrC
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »

This isn't an argument to buff DK; you're completely off the mark. This is an argument to nerf Ball of Lightning and Toppling.

While all skills should feel sufficiently powerful, many skills overperform to such a degree that it becomes oppressive. BoL is like the old wings, just with a lot of additional effects attached; and the old wings were oppressive enough already.

The only way I ever see wings getting a complete projectile immunity back is if it only lasts for a certain amount of projectiles and damage, a lot like Warden's Crystalline Shield. And even then, while the old wings (kind of) did this, it shouldn't reflect for full damage.

Topic was not about returning reflect to wings, but to give 4 seconds of major expedition to them. Basically if you run typical 2H/S&B stamDK setup there is no source of major expedition. Wings could provide them, that seems logical. As for the warden wings, they give longer major expedition as well as huge boost to damage for simply being slotted.
    Options
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭

Topic was not about returning reflect to wings, but to give 4 seconds of major expedition to them. Basically if you run typical 2H/S&B stamDK setup there is no source of major expedition. Wings could provide them, that seems logical. As for the warden wings, they give longer major expedition as well as huge boost to damage for simply being slotted.

Yup, which is fine. I can see major expo being added.

I guess I replied too fast and missed the last sentence of your original post -- my bad. But a lot of people here are calling for the reflect to come back, which is a terrible idea.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

His point is that abilities like streak&cloak also fill defensive purposes however they can also be used offensively, and shimmering shield is VERY cheap while offering strong benefits.

So asking for major expedition to be moved from chains to wings is a reasonable thing at this point.

I highly doubt it would make the skill ''good'' for stamDk though, since the issue is that stamDk has other, more expensive magicka dumps already and really can't give up on those.
    Options
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭

His point is that abilities like streak&cloak also fill defensive purposes however they can also be used offensively, and shimmering shield is VERY cheap while offering strong benefits.

So asking for major expedition to be moved from chains to wings is a reasonable thing at this point.

I highly doubt it would make the skill ''good'' for stamDk though, since the issue is that stamDk has other, more expensive magicka dumps already and really can't give up on those.

Very reasonable. As stated above, I should have read the last sentence of his post. A lot of what I said in the post you quoted has to deal with the posters in here calling for the reflect to come back.

50% mitigation is already strong. If I had that skill available to me on any other class, I'd run it. What would you do to make the skill "good", then?
    NeRf MaGsOrC
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Very reasonable. As stated above, I should have read the last sentence of his post. A lot of what I said in the post you quoted has to deal with the posters in here calling for the reflect to come back.

50% mitigation is already strong. If I had that skill available to me on any other class, I'd run it. What would you do to make the skill "good", then?

Wings is a very specific ability that requires HIGH magicka sustain to run. Your nightblade would be better off spamming cloak since it does THE SAME THING but its %100 ranged mitigation since you're now invisible, oh and your next attack crits, oh and you're also completely immune to dot damage while in this state.

Your Sorc would end up slotting streak, which MOVES YOU AROUND, is either an unblockable stun, or a skill absorbtion for a shorter time+snare immunity. Basically Its wings but it also moves you around.

Your warden would end up slotting shimmering because It is many times cheaper and gives much needed ultgen, and since wings is too expensive it would mean you can't use stuff like lotus/leeching vines, or bird of prey effectively, rendering you useless as a warden.

So, what about Dks then? On stamina Dk I have already three magicka dumps. volatile armor, cauterize, fragmented shield. around 2700+2k+4050 magicks costs, If I remember correctly. What makes people think I could afford to slot wings without making a meme out of my build?

MagDks run wings but really even they are not a big fan of it. There's a reason sword and board is back on Dk meta. With old wings I was running dual wield / 2h.

So in a nutshell, wings is NOT an ability you would slot on every other class. Quite the opposite its an ability you would NOT touch on many other classes.

Edit: I have no suggestions to make wings better, since its now an ability that lost its original identity. Its not my job to balance classes without absolutely destroying what makes them unique, Its the developer's job. I'm not getting paid for this mess.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 22, 2019 8:16PM
    Options