Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to port to guild member; guild roster not updating properly (offline players) [fixed v5.2.10]

Pyr0xyrecuprotite
Pyr0xyrecuprotite
✭✭✭✭✭
Several of my guilds now have roster listings of players with no level or no CPs shown (when I know they are CP-level) appearing in the "online" list, and if I try to port to them from the roster, I get a "Character not found" error, and the teleport does not work. So I think the guild roster listing of "online" players is not being updated when people go offline.

I have seen this on both PC/NA and PC/EU, since Monday's patch I think (Nov 18, 2019). If the guild roster shows champion points for a member, then the online status is usually correct and I can teleport to them. /Bug report 191120-000222.

On a side note, why is it that anytime I try to submit an in-game /bug report, none of the categories offered match the the issue at hand? :disappointed:

Update: crosslinking a related bug report which indicates that this bug may occur when people quit the game instead of logging out (at a bank?). I don't think it's actually clear yet under which circumstances users will continue to show as online even if they have logged out. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/502541/quitting-from-in-game
Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on November 26, 2019 3:58AM
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    my guilds are all doing same if it says o cp then they are offline. i was trying to whisper them at least 10 just started at top of roster and kept saying account not found. so i agree anyone that it says have no cp then they are offline and it only started monday. should rename it from patch fixes to more patch created bugs as thats all that is happening every monday its whats broke now day. also your better sending an ask for help if you want a reply and much leass topics to try and work through that dont match your problem
  • david_sgt83b14_ESO
    Happening in my guild as well and with players on a non-cp level character. Started with Monday's patch and the entire guild is seeing it. At first, I thought it was related to ISP problems, until I asked in guild chat and got it verified.
    PC/NA
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Yep

5nivh9g9u05r.png
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate playing the /bug maze. By the time I choose the category I think it should be in, I forget what I wanted to report.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue appears to have been fixed in the v5.2.10 patch on November 25.