The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How I (maybe) fixed my ping spikes/disconnect problem

Penta
Penta
Soul Shriven
I wanted to post this in case it is helpful to other players having constant lag and disconnects like I was having. I have been playing on PC/NA for a couple years and have had occasional ping spikes and disconnects, sometimes seemingly related what I am doing in game (i.e. large battle in Cyrodiil, get d/c repeatedly) and other times just randomly. It never lasted very long, usually would be better the next day.
About a week and half ago I started getting pretty regular lag, ping spikes and disconnects constantly while playing, no matter what I was doing. Nothing had obviously changed on my end - I play on a laptop using wifi, cable internet with good speeds, and was getting lag/dc with noone else in the house. After a week of this I was getting pretty pissed. ESO was basically unplayable. After googling, I thought I might need to try opening ports on my router, but I do have UPNP enabled so that shouldn't be necessary (to my limited understanding).
Anyway, I noticed while looking through my Google Wifi settings that IPv6 was not enabled. I switched IPv6 to enabled and tested via a website that I was now connecting via IPv6, and tried ESO again. Ping spikes and D/C's were gone. Since then I have playing for 3 days or so with no issues. I'm not saying this will work for everybody, or even that it definitely worked for me. It could be coincidence. But it's worth a try if you're having issues like I was. As far as I can tell there's no harm, and potentially benefit to be had by enabling IPv6 on your router.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a option like that for Ethernet cable card? Thank you
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the servers process requests of IPv6 addresses in a separate environment. Due to an overwhelming amount of IPv4 addresses that part is always struggling to process while the IPv6 side has much less requests because IPv6 addresses are not frequently used? A shot in the dark I guess
    Edited by Valykc on November 19, 2019 1:48AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just blow in the cartridge. That always worked.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using IPv6 for years. I have been playing ESO since 2014 and although it might help with some issues, there has always been issues with ZOS' servers. Over the past four days, since they cancelled the event, I've been having bad disconnects from the server and so has most of the people in my five guilds. Also, most get the message "please make sure you have a valid internet connection" or "already logged into the server" after these crashes. The valid internet connection one is so funny because our whole group would be in Discord voice chatting when these messages pop up. Here is a speedtest I just ran, I pay for Extreme internet and ESO has always giving constant lag and disconnects.

N09Y7YY.jpg
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even after the patch today I'm STILL having random dc's and lag spikes. We've looked at the IPv6 and have it active, but not using it. Tomorrow we'll look at doing that at our house. This, despite my regular positive attitude, has been challenging for the past two days.
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    I've been using IPv6 for years. I have been playing ESO since 2014 and although it might help with some issues, there has always been issues with ZOS' servers. Over the past four days, since they cancelled the event, I've been having bad disconnects from the server and so has most of the people in my five guilds. Also, most get the message "please make sure you have a valid internet connection" or "already logged into the server" after these crashes. The valid internet connection one is so funny because our whole group would be in Discord voice chatting when these messages pop up. Here is a speedtest I just ran, I pay for Extreme internet and ESO has always giving constant lag and disconnects.

N09Y7YY.jpg

My internet is crap compared to this, and I have none of these issues. It's so crazy how vastly different people's experiences are with server performance in this game.
    Edited by Kaartinen on November 19, 2019 2:27PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaartinen wrote: »

My internet is crap compared to this, and I have none of these issues. It's so crazy how vastly different people's experiences are with server performance in this game.
    Same, had one DC the last 3-4 month not counting timeout. That was during questing in off hours.

To clarify server performance: it should be the same for all players in a group who are together, it should also be the same regarding there in the zone or instance you are.
    Yes server lag, internet lag and client performance add up so some with say 100 ms internet lag will feel an server lag more than some with 30 ms.
    Remember in Cyrodil one in group has bad internet and it looked like he was using streak, as he ported from location to location while other rand normally
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch did not improve anything for me. Populated areas are still very laggy and a huge pain to move through.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time me and my bro were dueling... and then a anchor came down and our ping rate stayed high...so i just ran to the damn anchor and wiped it with my bro... then our ping went down to 65.... and we resumed dueling...
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaartinen wrote: »

N09Y7YY.jpg

Yeah, it's funny how that works out. I live out in the woods with 4G internet. I never exceed 15Mb down. Yet, aside from the occasional blue screen (lol PS4) I don't have many lag related issues.

For science, I just did a test:

14Mb down, 12Mb up, 35 ms.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I upgraded to an $78,000 HDMI cable made out of diamonds and space shuttle tiles and the game works perfectly now lol
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never disconnect, I just lag.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling