The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mages Guild: Clicking Lore Books Doesn't Result in Any Progress

skyh
skyh
Hi

I joined the Mages Guild, and have been clicking on the glowing Lore books I encounter in the game. When I do so, the glow disappears, but nothing else happens - no message about any kind of progression, or acknowledgment that I've done anything.

Today, I decided to confirm this buy checking the guild level progression bar in my Skills window. As I suspected, clicking on the book did in fact have no effect: the bar was a level 1, 10/70 before clicking the book, and the same afterwards.

Is this a bug, or is there something I don't understand about this game mechanic?

Do I need to attain a certain character level before the Mages Guild level will respond to Lore Books? I'm currently level 9.

And is there any way to check a record of which Lore Books the game thinks I've collected?

Thanks ...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were these books with a Blue glow or a White glow? The former are for Mages, the latter are for, well, the heck of it, and show up in the Eidectic Memory
    Edited by Nestor on November 18, 2019 5:22PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• skyh
    skyh
    I eventually figured that at least one of them was from the Eidetic Memory set, not Shalidor's Library (the books for Mage's Guild rep). I suspect the others were too.

I was able to later get the correct response from a book in the Shalidor's Library set, so I guess I'm OK!