The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Combat Balance 4-times a year vs PvE/PvP Stats/Gear

FPH
FPH
✭✭
Hello together,
I started with TESO this year and love it so far. Ok, they should put more effort and seriousness into their server and game performance but this is an other topic.

My main game play is PvP. The PvE endgame part in this game is "nice" but nothing for my Endgame. Just to easy or not rewarding. There are better games out which offer more or better styles. The single player RPG part in this game is awesome! Never got such immersed myself in stories as in TESO. Beautiful :)

So far so good, but if I talk with others about skills, skill changes, gear, gear changes and ask why did Zenimax change this or that, there is always one big reason/statement. Because this skill is overperforming in PvP but underperforming in PvE or vice versa. Same goes for gear.

Now with the year of the dragon and 4 big overhauls in a row I have one question: Isn´t it better for the future of the game to use this manpower to reface the gear and skill setup into 2 different parts, as MMO´s or games with ESL experience do?
My class got changed 4-times in a row this year. One skill got changed 3 times. This is such a high effort (sorry for this sentence now) for nothing! They had an idea in the beginning of the year with Wrathstone and did little to medium changes. Got a big overhaul with Elsweyr release. Got crazy with scalebreaker and changed all back with Dragonhold.
This is so much effort, manpower, ideas, testing ressources and so, for what?

Wouldn´t it be better to take all this time (we are talking about of 12 month development) and separate those two game versions? WoW had to learn this too after 2-3 years. You can´t balance PvE and PvP with same skills and gear if you don´t separate them. But if you do, you can introduce Arena and go to the big show with ESL or real Arena points. Not just, who plays more is on first, no, who plays better is on first. Something to play for, to stay and stick with the game (from a PvP perspective). Something rewarding for PvP community and to show for the marketing with big events.

And of course the PvE community haven´t to argue with the PvP community everyday.

I would love some 2vs2 or 3vs3 Arena with valuation. The combat style and BG´s in this game are so much fun. (if it works xDDDD - ZOS performance - please :) )

So long story short. Was there ever a consideration to separate PvE and PvP? And if yes, why didn´t they go for it? It could not be the "manpower" part, because of this year back and forward changes.

Thank s for explanations. Cheers, FPH

***I`m no english native speaker, so sorry for grammar and so on
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've repeatedly said in the past that they want the game to function the same; a smooth transition if you will. It doesn't... stepping into PVP is entirely different. You need different gear and different bars.

This doesn't seem to be a lesson they're willing to learn.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW's balance was pretty *** poor as well, whilst I played, Glad was RMP/RMD and before I stopped playing the changes didn't seem to dissimilar to ESO's - Probably a contributor into WoW's huge decline at that time.

Most of the balance Wow done felt as disappointing to me as it does here; too much focus on homogenisation (safeguarding bad players from the realisation they are) and stripping classes of their identity in the process

Any game that's PVP leaderboards are based on time played rather than skill level and does things like matchmake with seemingly no rules at all, is never going to be interested in true balance.

P.S. I'd love an Arena and it's been talked about a lot - But there's plenty of people who are opposed to simple things like leaderboards being based on visible MMR rating (because "toxicity" lol), let alone other things, so I'd be very surprised if they do it.
    FPH wrote: »
    ***I`m no english native speaker, so sorry for grammar and so on

Your English was great, don't ever apologise for knowing another language.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    They've repeatedly said in the past that they want the game to function the same; a smooth transition if you will. It doesn't... stepping into PVP is entirely different. You need different gear and different bars.

This doesn't seem to be a lesson they're willing to learn.

If they want a smooth transition they should remove impen gear and give everyone some free base crit resist.(literally everyone in PvP is using impen gear and its LITERALLY useless in PvE) Also introduce a system where you can save your CP-abilities-mundus etc and change with a click, now that would be a smooth transition.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 18, 2019 4:36PM