The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dungeon explorer costume removal

RedGirl41
RedGirl41
✭✭✭✭
This costume had a bug where your character would go invisible. They have removed it from the crown store but made a post that people “exploiting it” will get appropriate action taken. How can you possible ban or penalize someone for wearing a costume they paid money for that you broke? It takes 10 seconds to test stuff you know. did this costume not go through some type of test/ approval? Just curious
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exploit is only when this costume is worn with a "specific combination of gear". Once discovered players took advantage of the exploit rather than reporting it. This is why ZOS is looking at all players who have this costume and "take appropriate action.

As far as testing, no Dev Group or QA team can test everything.

Those players that discovered did not report it and continued to use it need to be held accountable for not reporting this and continuing to use it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤔 Guess which forum user who exploited the costume issue.....
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    🤔 Guess which forum user who exploited the costume issue.....

Lol u wish but ok 😂
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er.... I don’t wish.... but ok....
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s just an observation l, I’m not triggered they are patching it, I woulda bought that costume either way cuz the backpack is op. There’s no point to ban people but that’s my opinion
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An exploit is when you take advantage of behavior clearly not intended by the developers. If, "the game allowed me to do it so it is not an exploit," were true then there would be no such thing as an exploit! This costume was clearly not intended to make you invisible and invincible in PvP. Stash the costume and wear it again after ZOS fixes the bug.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »

Be careful everyone.....

The announcement dose not say they are stopping you from using this costume, but that they just pulled it from the crown store, "and will be logging any account found to be exploiting this issue and appropriate action will be taken next week".
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 17, 2019 9:03PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s just an observation l, I’m not triggered they are patching it, I woulda bought that costume either way cuz the backpack is op. There’s no point to ban people but that’s my opinion

The point is they knew this wasn't kosher and yet kept on using the exploit. It's not like these players didn't know or recognize something wasn't right...they knew and kept on.
    That's where the ban comes in. It's not like they recognized they couldn't be targeted and stop using the costume...no. They kept using it. Hence the ban.
    It's not even complicated.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn’t clear to the player that they gains that significant advantage wearing the costume yet they continued to wear the costume and chose to not report this to Zos then the answer should be obvious.
  • Deohjo
    Deohjo
    ✭✭
    Yep, too many graphics glitch
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no point to ban people but that’s my opinion

There is a very solid reason to ban people who find an exploit and choose to use that exploit vs reporting it to Zos. It is spell out in the ToS that each of us that play the game have agreed to.

Ban hammer time when an exploit like this has been employed is necessary to keep honest players honest. Ofc there are players who like to cheat and take advantage of such things. They are the ones that will be getting some time off from the game.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good hope they get what they deserve
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS said they'll be taking "appropriate action" which doesn't necessarily mean a ban. It might, but ZOS also has temporarily suspended players for exploits too.

That being said, I don't have any problems with ZOS disciplining players who found the exploit AND didn't stop using it. That's right there in the TOS and Code of Conduxt every player agrees to. If they get banned, I'm not going to weep for them - they chose to keep abusing a glitch that's obviously not how you are intended to PVP.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you possible ban or penalize someone for wearing a costume they paid money for that you broke?

If you do something, discover that it has a major bug/exploit/advantage, and you then stop using it & report it - you don't get penalized.

If you do something, discover that it has a major bug/exploit/advantage, and you then repeat it as much as you possibly can in order to "Step 3) Profit!" - then you deliberately exploited and should get penalized.
    (for ex: the guy who stumbles into a dupe exploit, does it a second time to test if it's repeatable, then stops/deletes/reports, vs the guy who stumbles into a dupe exploit, and proceeds to dupe hundreds of valuable items.)

It's not that hard a concept.

(and this one seems obvious enough - "hey, I'm invisible and no-one can hit me!" - that the 'gee, I had no idea! it was an accident!' argument holds less than no weight.)
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 17, 2019 9:03PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now 100's of people are about to catch a ban when they have no clue what they did wrong. If I would have been able to find someone to buy crowns for this costume from yesterday I would be catching a ban next week for something I didn't know i did. PEOPLE WHO SOLO HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW THAT THERE IS A GLITCH OCCURING UNTIL THEY READ IT HERE, AND AT THAT POINT IT IS TO LATE.

[Edit to remove bait and bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 17, 2019 7:46PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now 100's of people are about to catch a ban when they have no clue what they did wrong. If I would have been able to find someone to buy crowns for this costume from yesterday I would be catching a ban next week for something I didn't know i did. PEOPLE WHO SOLO HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW THAT THERE IS A GLITCH OCCURING UNTIL THEY READ IT HERE, AND AT THAT POINT IT IS TO LATE.

Wow, when I equip this costume and this other item, I turn invisible. What a neat feature. So, who wants to buy that beach front property I'm selling in Montana?
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 17, 2019 7:50PM
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    You all are getting way too worked up over it. The main point is that it’s their broken costume. zos released it. Of course you shouldn’t exploit and run around invisible but they released it without testing the shield situation.

So if I cook and serve someone expired chicken and the customer eats it should I be mad at them when they get sick? I’m just saying. Say “sorry guys we broke the costume, it’s been removed and will be patched” it’s not that big of a deal.

ALSO, you aren’t invisible on ur own screen... some people may have not even noticed tbh

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 17, 2019 7:52PM
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing devil’s advocate, sometimes when an enemy hits you with permafrost ur whole toon will be invisible (to just you but who knows). What if people just didn’t notice? How can u tell who was being a bum and exploiting and who is just oblivious
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand players who defends the purposeful use of exploits in the game. I mean, unless they're exploiters themselves and afraid of getting hit with consequences of their *** behavior.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never understood the mob vindictive vigilantism on the forum either.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    An exploit is when you take advantage of behavior clearly not intended by the developers. If, "the game allowed me to do it so it is not an exploit," were true then there would be no such thing as an exploit! This costume was clearly not intended to make you invisible and invincible in PvP. Stash the costume and wear it again after ZOS fixes the bug.
    Yes, however shield or bow surfing has been an common bug. Or how staffs did not change on bar sway with two staffs.
    Looks like this is mostly solved now but can easy see me equipping the costume, switch to S&B and assume I got the old bug.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this post having a bit of baiting and flaming, both being against the Forum Rules, we're going to go ahead and close it down. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful and avoid discussing how to reproduce exploits to avoid the spread of its use.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.