Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to stamina, teach me

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello folks,

So I was preparing all my chars for the event, dungeons, crafting, gathering sets etc

But my stam and magicka pool and recovery is low, why

I mean my main is a magsorc and I reached about at least 46k mag pool with 2.5 recovery, perfect, I played with the build a lot since it is my main and found a way to work it

But my magplar stuck at 33k, my stamblade 36k but hectic recovery, I am constantly out of stamina during a dungeon, how do I get the same pool with these guys? I want to be over 40k at least with 2k recovery, that is the comfort zone.

Tbh I followed the suggested builds online and this is the result, these builds suck. What sets do I use for reaching max pool and recovery? I'd mix and match like my main but it took long time and lots of money + the event is today, please help, thanks

Mentioned alts: magplar (healer but dps too),
stamblade,
stamden,
magcro
dragonknight tank

Edited by Cirantille on November 14, 2019 11:14AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Magplar, look at:
    • Bright Throat Boast
    • Crafty Alfiq

Those 2, with:
    • Witch-Mothers Potent Brew (Drink for BTB)
    • Recovery Mundus
    • Recovery Jewellery Glyphs
    • Undaunted Passives, slot Meteor and use MG passives etc;
    • CP contributes 10 or 11 stat per CP

Adjust accordingly and note this is not an optimised end game build, it'll just give you the stats you want.
    Edited by BNOC on November 14, 2019 11:18AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The builds you are probably looking at are optimized for groups that use sets and skills to help the sustain of the group. I don't know what the best way to help mitigate this but you could try switching a set to False God's/Vicious Ophidian, changing some jewelry enchants to recovery, running food with recovery, or becoming a vampire. A more drastic change would be to race change to Breton/Redguard.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    For Magplar, look at:
    • Bright Throat Boast
    • Crafty Alfiq

Those 2, with:
    • Recovery Mundus

Adjust accordingly and note this is not an optimised end game build, it'll just give you the stats you want.

Idk how to thank you! I just tried this and now I have 42k Mag with 2k recovery on my magplar!
    Amazing, is there a place you get these builds for the other alts I have?
    It was also so easy to get the sets, they are underrated I think and very cheap even
    Thank you, a lot
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The builds you are probably looking at are optimized for groups that use sets and skills to help the sustain of the group. I don't know what the best way to help mitigate this but you could try switching a set to False God's/Vicious Ophidian, changing some jewelry enchants to recovery, running food with recovery, or becoming a vampire. A more drastic change would be to race change to Breton/Redguard.

I am going to ask people who main the classes from now on. I don't know why they post such dysfunctional builds, maybe they don't play the game at all, sigh. The guy above main magplar just saved my build lol
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    For Magplar, look at:
    • Bright Throat Boast
    • Crafty Alfiq

Those 2, with:
    • Recovery Mundus

Idk how to thank you! I just tried this and now I have 42k Mag with 2k recovery on my magplar!
    It was also so easy to get the sets, they are underrated I think and very cheap even
    Thank you, a lot

No there isn't anywhere to get them that I know of, sorry, I just know that from playing Magplar.
    That will pretty much work with the same effect on any Mag class even if there's better options with slightly more stats (Necropotence on Sorc with Pet etc).

If you're not running a MS or don't want to (Not sure why you wouldn't, but anyway) you can run 1pc Domi and 1 Pc of any MS that gives Mag recovery/ Max Mag/ Spell Damage.

Stamina equivalents to those 2 are:
    • Bone Pirate's Tatters
    • Draugr Hulk

Those sets are cheap now, but they weren't when they first came out :p

With flat stat builds like the above, they don't really vary much per class.
    Edited by BNOC on November 14, 2019 3:35PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going to ask people who main the classes from now on. I don't know why they post such dysfunctional builds, maybe they don't play the game at all, sigh. The guy above main magplar just saved my build lol

I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me or at the meta builds. I was just giving generic sustain tips that have a minimal effect on damage when compared to something like a pure sustain set. As for the meta builds, they aren't dysfunctional you are just using them out of the context they were designed for.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For Magplar, look at:
    • Bright Throat Boast
    • Crafty Alfiq

Those 2, with:
    • Recovery Mundus

Thank you, a lot

No there isn't anywhere to get them that I know of, sorry, I just know that from playing Magplar.
    That will pretty much work with the same effect on any Mag class even if there's better options with slightly more stats (Necropotence on Sorc with Pet etc).

If you're not running a MS or don't want to (Not sure why you wouldn't, but anyway) you can run 1pc Domi and 1 Pc of any MS that gives Mag recovery/ Max Mag/ Spell Damage.

Stamina equivalents to those 2 are:
    • Bone Pirate's Tatters
    • Draugr Hulk

Those sets are cheap now, but they weren't when they first came out :p

With flat stat builds like the above, they don't really vary much per class.

I am even going to try this Alfiq on my main and see how much it will increase my pool o.O

Also these two sets you suggested seem great, I will farm those when ESO is available again :D

For Magsorc I am running necro+seducer or necro+ms and work wonders
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me or at the meta builds. I was just giving generic sustain tips that have a minimal effect on damage when compared to something like a pure sustain set. As for the meta builds, they aren't dysfunctional you are just using them out of the context they were designed for.

It was directed to online pages, of course not to you, why would I blame you, you are trying to help me :)
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Meta, Dr Strangelove.

There will always be good sets that work, unless the combat audit totally changes them on their ears. SO with that said, find what works and gets the results for your content and what you're doing.

Of course there are some good directional pointers, ect from theory crafters.

Test what you like, if you like the numbers, yay! If not, back to the drawing board. My two cents however, and you can't go wrong with most of these sets on any class in the right combo for PVE would be the following

PVE
    My go to MagSets are:
    Law of Julianos, Mothers Sorrow, Magnus' Gift, Burning Spell Weave, War Maiden, False God, Infallible Aether (poor mans version: Wise Mage), Necropotence (works on betty netch warden even with out a bear, pet sorc, necro), Master Architect (NB, templar, warden), moondancer (necro or DK in group), Mantle of Siroria (stand still combat), Silks of the Sun (DK), will power (no monster set ups)
    Interesting thing for solo/arena play: Shalk Exoskeleton (weapons/jewelry)

My go to StamSets are:
    Hundings Rage, Vicious Ophedian, Advancing Yokeda, Automatons (stam sorc- maybe others?), Twice Fang Snake (4mans/arenas), spriggans (4mans/arenas), Night Mothers Gaze (on classes that don't generate their own major fracture), Relequen (I don't love it, but the results are in: it's here to stay unless changed), Tooth of Lokkestiiz, Scavenging Demise ( on DK or necro), Tzogvin's Warband (poor man version: Gryphon's Ferocity), Warmachine (warden, templar, NB), agility (no monster set ups)
    Interesting things for solo/arena play: Champion of the Hist (weapons/jewelry)
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    ALSO don't be afraid to try other food combos out- witch mothers, blue food, fish broth --
    for mag sustain.

ALSO heavy attacks when you need them. Or even developing a heavy attack rotation.

My current love for 'all around good game play' these days, even if it's not very #trialmeta is a heavy attack pet sorc with double lighting staves- why? Cus I'm mostly doing 4man veterans or soloing dungeons to farm for funs these days till new content comes out. BUT thats just me.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmm now i want to try Scavenging Demise... that looks cool, actually!

my go-to PvE is Releq and Spriggan. I feel like changing the Sprig with Demise. i wonder which one will actually outperform... Spriggan at more stam and 3450 penetration 100% of the time, or 7k poison with 8% damage increase "sometime".
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Cirantille for stamina, it has as much to do with your gear as it does with your rotation. You will not get the regen you desire if you are mashing buttons and not keeping up certain skills. I play a stamblade and a stamnecro. With the stamblade, you have to keep Leeching Strikes up to get the return. If not, you will burn through your pool. Stamnecro is a little different in that there is not a skill that gives back resources. But if you keep the rotation up, its been pretty easy to not bottom out.

Like others have said, if you have trouble sustaining, get a sustain set like VO. Or run a sustain food like Dubious Camoran Throne. I don't think you need to look into stamina glyphs, but that is a last resort
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ALSO don't be afraid to try other food combos out- witch mothers, blue food, fish broth --
    for mag sustain.

ALSO heavy attacks when you need them. Or even developing a heavy attack rotation.

My current love for 'all around good game play' these days, even if it's not very #trialmeta is a heavy attack pet sorc with double lighting staves- why? Cus I'm mostly doing 4man veterans or soloing dungeons to farm for funs these days till new content comes out. BUT thats just me.

I wonder, dont people throw poop at you when you heavy attack? People are even pissed about others not weaving, etc

I am not an expert dungeon player so it is a little worrying, also I agree with your first statement, I am not a big fan of builds followed like they are law. Because they don't work for everyone.

On my main I am using something different and it works wonders and I came up with it in time, by trying! :)
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for mag sustain.

I wonder, dont people throw poop at you when you heavy attack? People are even pissed about others not weaving, etc

group with better people.

i PUG 9 out of 10 times im in a dungeon and maybe 1 out of 10 times people complaint if i dont dish out enough DPS or i'm not weaving or i'm doing heavy attack rotation......

well, if i just button-mashed the keyboard with weaving at low or non-existant i'm around 30k for a 3m dummy; if i try to weave 100% of the time, i might pump 35-40k on the trial attronach dummy. so its not 50k+ great, but still OK.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for mag sustain.

I am not an expert dungeon player so it is a little worrying, also I agree with your first statement, I am not a big fan of builds followed like they are law. Because they don't work for everyone.

On my main I am using something different and it works wonders and I came up with it in time, by trying! :)

No. Everyone has to heavy attack once in a while. Cloudrest is a good example. I tend to run lower on resources there than anywhere else. Heavy attacks will bridge you until you can get a shard.

One thing I forgot, Stormfist is an excellent sustain set and puts out pretty solid damage. At one point it was BiS before Velidreth took over.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The META builds are designed for trials, so they may not be the best in other content.

The sets thesoundofwolf posted are excellent--note that having high max and high recovery are not everything; damage is also a good thing.

I typically run Julianos + other on mag toons and Hundings + other on stam toons. The "other" just depends on what content I'm playing.

For example, until recently when I started doing more trials and vet dungeons, I was using Hundings and Briarheart for my stamblade with Velidreth. And you don't have to pay the ridiculous prices--you can farm Briarheart if you have Wrothgar, and improve your sets if you learn crafting.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and while you farm, you can practice your rotation!

I mean... thats what I do while farming a Spriggan Ring.........

....that i lost last night...

...when I tried to improve to gold with 3 Chromium platings instead of 4...............

:disappointed:
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it was mentioned but Magplar has passive stat return on focus, aura, and breath of life/honor the dead that doesn't affect stat numbers. Read tooltip to get better understanding how to utilize. Couple work on Stam builds as well.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on November 18, 2019 5:51PM