The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK No-CP Destro vs Snb

Vizirith
Vizirith
✭✭✭✭
For front damage bar. Is the survivability of SnB worth the loss of damage from going destro? If I go SnB I plan on backbarring destro for elemental drain anyway. With the increased regen from the combustion passive paired with destro passive doubling burning chance and the 8% single target damage increase I just can’t see it paying.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it’s a sin to not have snb front bar on a magdk but a lot of Magdks run destro front bar, comes down to preference and build.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it’s a sin to not have snb front bar on a magdk but a lot of Magdks run destro front bar, comes down to preference and build.
    I feel like SnB is more of a CP thing because of the block cost reduction, blockcasting in no-cp is significantly more difficult.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    I feel like SnB is more of a CP thing because of the block cost reduction, blockcasting in no-cp is significantly more difficult.

Idk, for me it’s all the same. If anything it might be the other way around. Cp making up for the weaknesses of destro and snb covering the defense you lose with cp. CP just makes block casting less taxing, still you aren’t the only one losing stats so it somewhat balances itself out.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tooltips with SnB can also get a little higher thanks to the extra enchant slot for more mag (in my experience, it beats out the 8% flat damage to single target attacks from flame by a tiny bit), at the cost of light attack damage and a full enchant (though you can replace enchants with poisons, for extra pressure or utility), in addition to the defense and utility of SnB.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    I think destro is more helpful for no-CP because elemental drain helps with sustain and gives major breach. One of MagDKs gripes this patch is sustain and in a no-CP environment I think you will struggle more-so in that regard if you opted for SnB.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Tooltips with SnB can also get a little higher thanks to the extra enchant slot for more mag (in my experience, it beats out the 8% flat damage to single target attacks from flame by a tiny bit), at the cost of light attack damage and a full enchant (though you can replace enchants with poisons, for extra pressure or utility), in addition to the defense and utility of SnB.

I agree but having 2x the chance to apply burning therefore doubling the regen from the combustion passive just seems to good to pass up. I was thinking about going frost destro and at least getting that passive and giving me some of the utulity of SnB but think that would definitely be a stretch.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

It isn't possible for SnB to have higher damage than a fire staff for single target skills, unless the initial tooltip is extremely small. Anyone using some sort of spell pen will have more damage from elemental enchants with a staff vs any poison with SnB.

What it really comes down to is more damage with fire staff or more defense and utility with SnB.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take destro because you’re also trading your LA for the sustain and in No CP you rather just run a defensive set rather than having a defensive front bar.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Shanehere You could do destro back bar for ele drain unless you really need the healing from resto.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube