The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undaunted about the Undaunted Celebration?

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the unconfirmed info I have atm, so me is 100% correct, some of pts streamers and youtubers, some of eso websites and obviously subject to change:

14 - 18 NOV UNDAUNTED CELEBRATION

MAX EVENT TICKETS PER DAY
    3 per day (15 tickets for the event)
    Defeat the final boss of any dungeon.

DAILY RESET: 6am GMT

STARTING & ENDING TIMES
    Start 10:00 am ET
    End 10:00 am ET

REWARDS
    Mysterious Reward Boxes from previous years will be retired, and replaced by Undaunted Reward Boxes and Hefty Undaunted Reward Boxes. Hefty Undaunted Reward Boxes have a chance to contain unique Opal Undaunted Style pages. The Undaunted Styles in this pool includes those from the Blood Spawn, Engine Guardian, Ilambris and Troll King arms pack styles. They have an opalescent sheen and blue particle effects.

Defeating the final boss of any dungeon will award an Undaunted Event Reward Box. If it’s your first dungeon boss of the day, you’ll also get an Exceptional Reward box with even more rewards.
    Exceptional reward boxes include new Opal weapon outfit styles.

The helm style pages have a chance to drop from the associated boss in Veteran Hard Mode, while the shoulders can be purchased from Glirion and Maj al-Ragath if you own the base shoulder style.

During the event, you can earn three Event Tickets once per day, per account, by defeating the final boss of any Dungeon (Normal or Veteran). These can be traded for special items at the Event Merchant (the Impresario).

BASICS
    Undaunted Pledges are repeatable Group Dungeon quests in The Elder Scrolls Online. They are unlocked at level 45, and accessible through the Undaunted Enclave at the player's Alliance Capital. These special assignments allow the player to continue the quests from the regular dungeons, expanding and bringing them to an ultimate conclusion. You must first take the quest: Taking the Undaunted Pledge

COLLECTIBLES
    Bloodspawn - 11 items
    Engine Guardian - 11 items
    Illambris - 11 items
    Troll King - 11 items

MORE EVENT INFO:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Undaunted_Celebration_Event
    Contents
    1 Undaunted Reward Boxes
    2 Hefty Undaunted Reward Boxes
    3 Undaunted Celebration 2019

TO JOIN THE UNDAUNTED GUILD
    - ALDMERI DOMINION
    VUKELGUARD in AURIDON: Turuk Redclaws can be found upstairs in the Salted Wings Tavern

- DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    DAGGERFALL in GLENUMBRA: Mighty Mordra can be found downstairs in The Rosy Lion

- EBONHEART PACT
    DAVON'S WATCH in STONEFALLS: Kailstig the Axe can be found sitting just inside The Fish Stink Tavern

TO TAKE YOUR FIRST UNDAUNTED PLEDGE (at level 45)
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Taking+the+Undaunted+Pledge

2018 GUIDE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdRdvN_mdzo

OPAL ITEMS
    https://youtu.be/lk5nRb9Erg0

INDRIK
    https://youtu.be/N7foSmiS2kQ
    Edited by marius_buys on November 11, 2019 10:33PM
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke! 44 style pages to collect in less than one week... Are they expecting us to farm dungeons 15 hours a day for 5 days?

Can we be done with all these stupid events already?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLM wrote: »
    What a joke! 44 style pages to collect in less than one week... Are they expecting us to farm dungeons 15 hours a day for 5 days?

I am almost sure I am misinterpreting that
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defeating the final boss of any dungeon will award an Undaunted Event Reward Box. If it’s your first dungeon boss of the day, you’ll also get an Exceptional Reward box with even more rewards.

Question is, is this per account or per character?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would guess account. I believe the wording was similar for Dremora Plunder Skulls which were also by account.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

I would guess account. I believe the wording was similar for Dremora Plunder Skulls which were also by account.

I sincerely hope not as it would limit the heafty boxes to a max of 5!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLM wrote: »

If you don’t like them, don’t do them and it will be the same for you as if there wasn’t an event. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I only participate in any event to the degree that is fun for me and I never expect to get all the rate drops. I think it’s great for MMORPG’s to offer a variety of activities, rewards, etc. as it is to be expected that not all will appeal to everyone. To me it seems folly to go for everything all at once — more like a way to burn out rather than have fun.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    twev wrote: »
    > 11/14 - 11/18 = 5 days

18 - 14 = 4

> HOURS TOTAL = 120

> Presuming a drop rate of 1 page in every 4 dungeons 33 x 4 = 132 runs

or 33 x 1 = 33
    or 33 x 2 = 66
    or...

> Average length of a dungeon= 30 min

10-60 mins. It depends on strength of the party and dungeon run style.

> THUS If you play 13 hours a day you MIGHT just collect them all

just buy it

You can play on the 14th as well so we start counting at 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 that makes 5

10AM EDT on the 14th to 10AM EDT on the 15th.

10AM EDT on the 15th to 10AM EDT on the 16th.

10AM EDT on the 16th to 10AM EDT on the 17th.

10AM EDT on the 17th to 10AM EDT on the 18th.

How are you playing from:
    10AM EDT on the 18th to 10AM EDT on the 19th to get the 5th day?

Because daily reset is at 6am gmt, and the event ends at 3pm gmt so ok the last day has 9 playable hours, my point remains, its too short.

The just ended Witches Festival ran from 10AM EDT to 10AM EDT.
    Ignoring the differences in time zone semantics, where are you getting the extra 9 hours on your last day?

I'm not trying to start a fight here, I just want to know, because I've not seen the justification yet and will be happy to see your link.

:smile:

6am gmt to 3pm gmt is 9 hours, not to be confused with the values in EDT. I play on the EU server so we run everything on gmt.

I still don't see the link that shows the extra 9 hours.

A 24 hour time period is still 24 hours, no matter what time zone you call 'home' so the difference in zone terminoligy matters not as long as one doesn't mix zone terminology withing the same sentence.

Respectfully, I ask again - Where are you getting the extra 9 hours from, as the just concluded event run in whole 'days' of 24 hours?

So, Undaunted Event will begin on November 14 at 10am ET, but daily reset is at 12am ET. So, the first day will not be a full day, and neither will the last.

So, first day is November 14, 10am ET to 12am ET

Second day: November 15, 12am ET to 12am ET

Third day: November 16, 12am ET to 12am ET

Fourth day: November 17, 12am ET to 12am ET

Fifth day: November 18, 12am ET to 10am ET

ETA: There were some details of the event from PTS patch notes (quoted above), but that seems to differ from the description on the Slay Dragons page. It's unclear if the boxes will drop from any dungeon boss, or just from bosses doing random dailies with the activity finder (like last year).

Regardless, I'm only interested in the tickets, which last year dropped from the final dungeon boss, no random daily or pledge required. If you're able to play all days, even the short one on the 18th, you can get 15 tickets. I'm only planning for 12, since they gave us an extra 12/14 tickets with the extended Witches Festival.

OK, so a 'day' has been redefined as any period of time between an event START, and the FIRST reset, and between the LAST reset and the END of the event.

ESO's Fuzzy Math at it best.
    Got it.

The Company could have set the reset to coincide with the start/stop cycles, but chose not to....
    RNGeebus's little brother, I guess.

:D
    Edited by twev on November 11, 2019 11:21PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the daily rollover time is at 1 AM EST, not 12 AM EST. In other words, the ticket-earning resets at the same time that the daily repeatable jobs do, such as daily crafting writs. If you've already done your daily crafting writs, just keep an eye on those job boards, and when you see the blue quest markers appear, you know it's time to go run and grab your tickets for the day.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A298tab.gif

I actually like how the styles look, but it's too much, especially since it's so soon after the Witches Fest, and it feels lately like there's no time for gameplay besides farming away all these shinies they're throwing at us :persevere:
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why some of the people in this thread thinks that they are entitled to be able to win ALL of the prizes during the event,

Well, you are not, simply as that.

It promotes to get the money flowing in player to player trading.

Gold value in ESO is dictated by real world currency value since you have the clear Crown-Gold value defined, this will allow ZOS to remove the substantial amount of gold from circulation and to help control the inflation.

By default, player to player trade is Inflation neutral activity, but in reality, in ESO it is not, since gold can be used in transactions connected with real world currency items.

Example would be in a scenario where successful sellers (grinders) are able to amass substantial amount of gold by selling event items that other players want, but did not manage to get by drops during the event.

In same scenario, they amass large amount of gold by selling items, that gold can be later spent on housing, which value is again connected with real world currency crown value, and in the process it will remove substantial amount of gold from circulation, and which will at the end help in controlling inflation.

Or simply, Bosses generate and drop useless crap (helmet) which is traded for large amount of gold, which is again spent for useless crap and removed forever from circulation (for example house purchased for gold), which value is strictly controlled by ZOS, since crown has real world currency value. So basically you have two useless items bind to characters and a hole in everyone pockets.

So no, it is not intended for you to get all the items. Also, a friendly reminder that there tickets in crown shop too.

Edited by RefLiberty on November 11, 2019 11:36PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Why some of the people in this thread thinks that they are entitled to be able to win ALL of the prizes during the event,

Well, you are not, simply as that.

It promotes to get the money flowing in player to player trading.

Gold value in ESO is dictated by real world currency value since you have the clear Crown-Gold value defined, this will allow ZOS to remove the substantial amount of gold from circulation and to help control the inflation.

By default, player to player trade is Inflation neutral activity, but in reality, in ESO it is not, since gold can be used in transactions connected with real world currency items.

Example would be in a scenario where successful sellers (grinders) are able to amass substantial amount of gold by selling event items that other players want, but did not manage to get by drops during the event.

In same scenario, they amass large amount of gold by selling items, that gold can be later spent on housing, which value is again connected with real world currency crown value, and in the process it will remove substantial amount of gold from circulation, and which will at the end help in controlling inflation.

Or simply, Bosses generate and drop useless crap (helmet) which is traded for large amount of gold, which is again spent for useless crap and removed forever from circulation (for example house purchased for gold), which value is strictly controlled by ZOS, since crown has real world currency value. So basically you have two useless items bind to characters and a hole in everyone pockets.

So no, it is not intended for you to get all the items. Also, a friendly reminder that there tickets in crown shop too.

Got 2 extra Dremora Plunder Skull, Trial achievements I can buy....?
    :D
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK Boomer.

Original AF.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but I don't see 11 Items per style. I see 4 weapons + shield + helm and Shoulders.
    you can already view them in your collection styles. there aren't even 11 weapon styles to begin with.

And I only see them available once per day through the exceptional undaunted boxes. Not the regular ones. There will be no farming for these.

You'll be farming vet HM for that helm. You'll be hoping for shoulders or buying it from merchants. (it wont drop)
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there are only 7 pieces per set.

Helm, shoulder and 5 weapon and shield pieces.

That's 28 total, not 44.

Not sure where everyone is getting 11 from.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's 28 total, not 44.

Patch notes?
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

That's 28 total, not 44.

Patch notes?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-0

I posted these earlier in the thread. It doesn't say what pieces there are, but the styles are in the game already under your collections. 5 weapons + helm + shoulders.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the patch notes. No number was given.

A youtube video posted above by Tianlein showed the Festival merchant and listed 7 items per set, 5 weapons + helm + shoulders.

28 total, not 44.

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like ZOS Mission Impossible...

Consider the math...

Length of the event
    Starts and ends at 3pm GMT
    11/14 - 11/18 = 5 days
    3 x 24hrs = 72hrs (presuming no sleep, work, school etc.)
    + 2 x 14hrs = 28hrs (first and last day is shorter)
    HOURS TOTAL = 100 (presuming no down time on the dungeon finder)

Collectibles
    Bloodspawn - 11 items
    Illambris - 11 items
    Troll King - 11 items
    ITEM TOTAL = 44

Presuming a drop rate of 1 page in every 4 dungeons 44 x 4 = 180 runs
    Average length of a dungeon= 30 min
    180 x 30

HOURS OF PLAY NEEDED = 90 hrs
    HOURS AVAILABLE = 100 hrs

THUS If you play NONSTOP for 4 days you MIGHT just collect them all.
    Im SURE I am missing something here...

I'm feeling a bit daunted, ZOS please help!

But hey I'm a no life no skill ESO luvin baby boomer...bring it baby

Now let's see how it adds up with the right numbers.

Collectibles
    Bloodspawn - 7 items
    Engine Guardian - 7 items
    Illambris - 7 items
    Troll King - 7 items
    ITEM TOTAL = 28

Presuming a drop rate of 1 page in every 4 dungeons 28 x 4 = 112 runs
    112 x 30

HOURS OF PLAY NEEDED = 56 hrs

End result = Do-able
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if I can only get one "opal" style per day, what would I be farming for?
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand, you get 1 Exceptional Undaunted box per day for the first dungeon completed, with a high chance of the page drops.
    After that, you get Hefty Undaunted boxes from dungeon completions and they have a lower chance to drop the pages.
    Kind of like the Dremora Plunder skulls and regular Plunder skulls.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Undaunted_Celebration_Event
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on November 12, 2019 2:18AM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's no mention of Hefty undaunted boxes in any patch notes, however... If we can get them from random dungeons once a day per character like last year, then it would make the farming possible (I have 13 characters I can run)
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on November 12, 2019 2:33AM
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping the boxes are character daily and not account daily. You already know that crackheads will be trying to sell each page for like 500K otherwise.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like ZOS Mission Impossible...

Consider the math...

Length of the event
    Starts and ends at 3pm GMT
    11/14 - 11/18 = 5 days
    3 x 24hrs = 72hrs (presuming no sleep, work, school etc.)
    + 2 x 14hrs = 28hrs (first and last day is shorter)
    HOURS TOTAL = 100 (presuming no down time on the dungeon finder)

Collectibles
    Bloodspawn - 11 items
    Illambris - 11 items
    Troll King - 11 items
    ITEM TOTAL = 44

Presuming a drop rate of 1 page in every 4 dungeons 44 x 4 = 180 runs
    180 x 30

HOURS OF PLAY NEEDED = 90 hrs

THUS If you play NONSTOP for 4 days you MIGHT just collect them all.
    Im SURE I am missing something here...

I'm feeling a bit daunted, ZOS please help!

But hey I'm a no life no skill ESO luvin baby boomer...bring it baby

Now let's see how it adds up with the right numbers.

Collectibles
    Bloodspawn - 7 items
    Engine Guardian - 7 items
    Illambris - 7 items
    Troll King - 7 items
    ITEM TOTAL = 28

Presuming a drop rate of 1 page in every 4 dungeons 28 x 4 = 112 runs
    112 x 30

HOURS OF PLAY NEEDED = 56 hrs

End result = Do-able

Presuming your math that equates to 11hours per day over 5 days is this really Do-able? cmon
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and thanks to all who corrected the "math", all four times.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mean any offense. I just changed "11 items" to "7 items"

Your math was correct, just the source numbers were off.

Still, a possible 56 hours is better than 90.

Since we really don't know the drop rate or rarity, it's anybody's guess. And if it's anything like the Glenmorl style page drops, it shouldn't be too bad a grind.

I for one am not interested in the helm and shoulder pages, but I do want as many of the different weapon pages as I can get. I'm sure we'll get more detailed info in the next day or two. Till then it's all just assumption on everybody's part.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on November 12, 2019 10:38AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mean any offense. I just changed "11 items" to "7 items"

Your math was correct, just the source numbers were off.

Still, a possible 56 hours is better than 90.

Since we really don't know the drop rate or rarity, it's anybody's guess. And if it's anything like the Glenmorl style page drops, it shouldn't be too bad a grind.

I for one am not interested in the helm and shoulder pages, but I do want as many of the different weapon pages as I can get. I'm sure we'll get more detailed info in the next day or two. Till then it's all just assumption on everybody's part.

No offence taken, the purpose of any discussion is to use the collective pool of knowledge to get closer to the truth so we can get a better understanding of the issue.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 11 items were
    1h mace
    1h axe
    1h dagger
    1h sword
    1h shield
    2h mace
    2h axe
    2h sword
    2h staff
    2h bow
    head

(shoulders)
    Edited by marius_buys on November 12, 2019 11:17AM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot shield, so that would make it 12 items.

The head only drops from the vet mode of that specific dungeon and the shoulder is only purchasable from the Undaunted quest giver (not counting event ticket purchases).

That leaves 10 items per set and only 5 exist per style and they are already previewable in the weapon collection page or at a costume station.

This bring the total down to 20 farmable style pages for the weapons.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Opal_Undaunted_Styles

Still not too bad, but yes, it will be a bit of a grind in only 5 days.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on November 12, 2019 11:10AM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That comes down to about 40 hours of farming during the 100 hours of the event.