The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LF Magden vma gear guide

NoFlash
NoFlash
✭✭✭
Ello! I was able to grind to cp 270ish with the event in my limited free time. What gear should I farm for to try and beat vma and other end game content?
Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sets I used were mothers sorrow (I went with double lightning staves) false gods, and ice heart. But other than lightning vs inferno staff, I've used that setup on most magicka dps in there.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use a completely different setup in vMA than other end game content, but for vMA I use Iceheart (I recommend this on every class, be it stam or mag, for vMA), False God's Devotion, and Necropotence.

Iceheart = 1 light, 1 heavy, infused or divines. I personally run prismatic glyphs on both pieces for vMA
    The other 5 pieces of armor should be Divines
    Precise front bar inferno staff with flame enchant, infused with berserker enchant on back bar
    Jewels can be bloodthirsty or Arcane (I had a guildie who did some testing, and arcane and infused were very close in terms of DPS; save your transmutes) with either spell damage or mag recovery enchants

This setup sacrifices some damage for survivability (the huge mag pool will let you spam heals and your shield if need be) but you should be able to do decent enough damage to not have to worry about the DPS races.

For trials and dungeons, I use False God's Devotion, Spell Strategist, the vMA inferno staff, and either Iceheart or Zaan.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd second the False God's / Mother's Sorrow / Iceheart combo. I like Mother's Sorrow over another set because you can crit from Bond With Nature (Ani Companion skill that heals for ~1200 every time Cliff Racer, Scorch, Fetcher, or Netch expire), and I believe from Lotus Blossom and Living Vine heals as well. So it buffs damage and healing

Consuming Trap is incredible for sustain - at max level it returns like 7k magicka.

My 54k, ~50ish minute, 1-death magden build was:

Frontbar: Fetcher Infection, Screaming Cliff Racer, Deep Fissure, Blue Betty, Wings | Eternal Guardian
    Backbar: Consuming Trap, Winter's Revenge, Unstable Wall of Flames, Lotus Blossom, Living Vines | Eternal Guardian

I tried Crystallized Slab and Arctic Blast on the backbar before realizing that Living Vines was totally amazing. I use two Infused infernos. Thief Mundus (+crit chance), again to buff heals & damage & Iceheart uptime. And I used trashpots with blue Max Health/Max Magicka food (no recovery)

If you don't have False God's, Bright-Throat or any other set really should work

Edit: fixed skill names
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on November 12, 2019 6:05AM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    I'd echo a lot of what was said w/r/t Iceheart, MS, & False God's. I switch from using vines to Crystallized Slab (or whichever morph deals damage) for stages 5 and 7.

Front bar: Sub Assault / Fetcher / SCR / Vines / Bird of Prey; Back bar: Unstable Wall, Winter's Revenge, Harness Magicka, Netch, Channeled Acceleration (Also great cause psijic shield comes in handy). I splurged on Artaeum Takeaway Broth for my flawless attempts, little extra health regen helps.
    Edited by Arjuna1696 on November 12, 2019 3:05PM
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer