The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Honor Guard motif in the Crown Store?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Has anyone heard if/when Honor Guard motif will be in the crown store?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you don't know?? ;)

Joking aside, I haven't heard anything either ... it wasn't in the Crown Store showcase this month.

There are some occasional good deals in the guild stores if you keep a close eye out. I've taken advantage of a couple motif pages that way.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, am glad that Honor Guard hasn't been in the crown store.

Motifs should be earnable in-game for at least a patch before they are added to the crown store.

And they should start dropping when the content comes out, but I know ZoS does this (along with other games) to make people re-visit the content
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Murkmire came out a year ago, Honor Guard motif has been out for at least 6 months, and NO it hasn't been in the Crown store yet.

I am asking if anyone has heard if/when Honor Guard will be in the crown store. Not everyone can run BRP on repeat to farm motifs.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire came out a year ago, Honor Guard motif has been out for at least 6 months, and NO it hasn't been in the Crown store yet.

I am asking if anyone has heard if/when Honor Guard will be in the crown store. Not everyone can run BRP on repeat to farm motifs.

They are for sale in the guild stores as well :)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Dude, can you not read? Seriously, I don't want to run BRP that much and I'm not willing to pay the price in guildstores.

Does anyone know If/when Honor guard will be in the CROWN STORE?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Dude, can you not read? Seriously, I don't want to run BRP that much and I'm not willing to pay the price in guildstores.

Does anyone know If/when Honor guard will be in the CROWN STORE?

Nope, no news about the crown store.

Considering this was the first time you said "I'm not willing to pay the price in guildstores" there is absolutely NO need for you to be that dismissive and insulting to me offering you a suggestion.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks is right.

We’ve offered the available alternatives ... and it’s been said multiple times now there is no news on a crown store offering.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks is right.

We’ve offered the available alternatives ... and it’s been said multiple times now there is no news on a crown store offering.

Look, neither of you is getting the point here. I know there has not been official news, I was wondering if someone had more insider information. [removed baiting comment] doesn't mean the discussion is over.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 10, 2019 9:42PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks is right.

Look, neither of you is getting the point here. I know there has not been official news, I was wondering if someone had more insider information. [removed comment] doesn't mean the discussion is over.

So, you're looking for "insider information" about a motif coming.

Don't get the answer you're looking for.

[removed comment]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 10, 2019 9:43PM
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one here can say for certain when it will be in the crown store.

However, if you want to purchase it with crowns then just go to TCE and convert your crowns into gold, then go buy it from a guild store.

This way you get what you want without spending your current gold and the crown purchaser gets what he wants. Everyone wins.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    No one here can say for certain when it will be in the crown store.

However, if you want to purchase it with crowns then just go to TCE and convert your crowns into gold, then go buy it from a guild store.

This way you get what you want without spending your current gold and the crown purchaser gets what he wants. Everyone wins.

You have it backwards. I buy crowns with gold.
    1 million (200:1 for 5k corwns) is less expensive than buying the pages individually. Unless pages are selling for less than 50k gold each. Which is not the case with Honor Guard.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 14, 2019 2:53PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor Guard is more expensive because there isn't that downward pressure from the ability to buy it in the crown store (and it's difficult to get)

Also, there's only 14 pieces to each motif, so using your 1,000,000 gold divided by 14 is about 70k per page, and many of the pages are selling for less than that now.

TCE is also now at 250 gold per crown (you can buy in zone for less I know, but less secure), and that makes it 1.25 million (or almost 90k per page). I'd bet it's pretty close to buy in guild stores even versus crowns. (I haven't priced it out, I got 7 or 8 pages of it myself running vBRP with my friends, and bought the remaining pages myself) If you can run the place a few times (NOT FARM IT for the motifs... maybe you want a vBRP resto, as it's BiS for a lot of content) and get a couple yourself, it will very quickly become less expensive to buy from guild stores than at a hypothetical "crown store" price. (I'd also imagine that HG would be a 6k crown motif, because of its rarity, and they have been anywhere from 4k-6k in the past)

I personally did that with the Dragonguard motif, as I knew it had a common enough source that it would quickly go under that 1.25 million cost for the motif.

Honor Guard has been out long enough that it is getting there, but it hasn't had the crown store to artificially push those prices down quickly like motifs of the past.

(As stated earlier as well... I'm of the belief that there should be a 3 month delay in the motif dropping in the game, and then being available in the crown store... but we all know ZoS won't do this, since they've jumped on the microtransaction bandwagon and putting that stuff in the crown store for the whales to buy with real money)