The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I just try dragonhold WW

ccfeeling
ccfeeling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Gave up after nerfbreaker.

Copyed Alcast build and completed a quick VMA run.

What I felt WW was too weak.

I will respec it back to the normal stam build later,thats no fun at all.

Damage is freaking low, the biggest problem was the self healing used too much sustain, actually I could only heal self twice.

The current combat team is crazy and BG newbie killed PVE WW.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO, where ww doesn't do any dmg and can't selfheal because the "pvp elite" started a whinefest a few patches ago because for once there was a tool/playstyle that they felt threatened by.

+ devs that doesn't listen to knowledgeable players
    Edited by Qbiken on November 9, 2019 3:21PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Welcome to ESO, where ww doesn't do any dmg and can't selfheal because the "pvp elite" started a whinefest a few patches ago because for once there was a tool/playstyle that they felt threatened by.

The worst problem with the development team is that they kill certain playing style, but to keep you "happy" they launch some sets that allow you to certain features of that playing style. Of course, you have to pay for those sets too.

Examples?

WW and Savage WW (among others)
    Defile and Soldier of Anguish (though that one was free)
    Shards and SoB

There should be some more out there
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I don't remember when I transformed last time on my WWs... I don't cleanse or turn to vampire, because I think vampire is a cheap and ugly cheese, so 15% extra recovery for ulti slotted is best application of WW I can think of...
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I don't remember when I transformed last time on my WWs... I don't cleanse or turn to vampire, because I think vampire is a cheap and ugly cheese, so 15% extra recovery for ulti slotted is best application of WW I can think of...

Well still decent for substain and survivability. Just only pack leader got wack so hard when it comes to damage. Should have a giant and block cost reduction with pack leader since it already maims targets for the pets.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just give up on werewolf. It sucks now in PvP.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still sort of think all WW players can thank those 4x ww premades on under lvl 50 bgs that kept seal clubbing it day and night and when characters hit max they did just reroll again.. did hear this was happening at other servers too, not just at PC EU.

Did not demand nerfs, but did say in a few occasion it was not fun to meet them all the time when made new character, since everyone else would just leave the battlegrounds since it really was not fun.

If that is the "tool/playstyle" that you are talking about, then i don`t know what to say.. 4x Pack Leader with each having 2 x still the targettable mini wolves.. it was just not fun for people and for sure ZOS saw from their metrics that opponents did just leave.

Same obviously goes if some peeps decide to do 4x pet sorcs all with max amount pets just to make it full zoo and targetting nightmare, and go farm lowbies at under 50 bgs.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

I still sort of think all WW players can thank those 4x ww premades on under lvl 50 bgs that kept seal clubbing it day and night and when characters hit max they did just reroll again.. did hear this was happening at other servers too, not just at PC EU.

Did not demand nerfs, but did say in a few occasion it was not fun to meet them all the time when made new character, since everyone else would just leave the battlegrounds since it really was not fun.

If that is the "tool/playstyle" that you are talking about, then i don`t know what to say.. 4x Pack Leader with each having 2 x still the targettable mini wolves.. it was just not fun for people and for sure ZOS saw from their metrics that opponents did just leave.

Same obviously goes if some peeps decide to do 4x pet sorcs all with max amount pets just to make it full zoo and targetting nightmare, and go farm lowbies at under 50 bgs.

To be honest, people who reroll new characters to seal-club in sub-50 BG´s and sub 50 Cyrodil are pretty sad people, and should reconsider a couple of things. But to answer your question: No, I´m not reffering to those kind of BG´s since I don´t think any balance changes should be made depedning on how something performs in sub 50 BG´s. And I´ve personally made suggestions in the past to prevent the issues you talk about with ww´s:
    * Make the pets untargetable
    * Change the way the werewolf ultimate levels so it requires EXP instead of kills while in ww form, in order to level.

What bothers me is that people use the Murkmire patch as some kind of reference to why werewolf was overperforming, when it was ZOS who failed to fix a bug with single target DoT´s proccing enchants (which was fixed for everyone else but werewolf was forgotten). I mean, you wouldn´t make balance adjustments to a class depending on how it performed with an overperforming bug, so why would you do so with werewolf? (Rethorical question so not directed to you moonsorrow).

And the same people I see complaining about premade werewolf groups, I see on a regular basis running in their 4-man premades abusing the current most overperforming tools. That tells me they are not interested in balance, but dislikes when other people are able to challange their premades/"meta".
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Just give up on werewolf. It sucks now in PvP.
    Not only in PvP. Tried it in PvE too. It is just bad. Even if I am trying to do something basic as soloing normal Fungal Grotto 1, I am still better of in human form, despite having a dedicated WW build. Same for overland... :disappointed:

I still have the ww skill line though, with skill points inside. Have not cured and probably never will... At least there is no drawback in human form, so I will just wait and see. For now I have slotted different ulti.

It... it justs sucks when you put a lot of time & effort & resources into making a build of your own that works and one day it gets nuked by shrapnel nerfs... kinda de-motivates me, to even try to improve :'(
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never give up the werewolf. Its the only thing which keeps this game fun for me after 4 years. I've been having some funny fights with 8+ players smacking me around and a funny 1v3 (2 days played in pvp this patch sofar) with 3 magplars. Killing people this patch is very very challenging holy crap. On the plus side there is literally no 1 who has enough damage to kill me in a 1v1 this patch...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turned two mules into PvE werewolves and built them out during the exp event. The last ones I had were before a 2 year break from the game in 2017 and eventually changed them to vamps or normal. They seem stronger now than way back then, but not a pro werewolf player and memory is fuzzy.

No endgame gear on either, Spriggans, Bahrahas and Nightflame on the tanky one and New Moon Acolyte, Slimecraw and NMG on the DPS one, both in medium, both using armor/health pots (PSA w/ NMG not having to use stam to apply fracture is a real sustain boost and can just use the off balance morph to get huge stam on heavies). They seem pretty damn strong despite not doing VMA with them yet. One does 20-25kish dps on live bosses and the other 25-35, with capped resists if needed using the pots.

What am I missing? Are they really that bad? They were never good in solo pvp IIRC, only in packs.
    Edited by buttaface on November 13, 2019 5:24AM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What bothers me is that people use the Murkmire patch as some kind of reference to why werewolf was overperforming, when it was ZOS who failed to fix a bug with single target DoT´s proccing enchants (which was fixed for everyone else but werewolf was forgotten). I mean, you wouldn´t make balance adjustments to a class depending on how it performed with an overperforming bug, so why would you do so with werewolf? (Rethorical question so not directed to you moonsorrow).

Well, it is ZOS, so yeah they overdo changes.. personally i would have been happy just to see the pets being untargettable. And obviously the enchants proccing from the bleed bug fixed.

That fix took too long time, people got frustrated when did meet WW`s on pvp (i know some who deliberately cheesed it to the max lol, human nature) and most likely ZOS did recieve a lot of CAPS LOCK feedback from frustrated players via the ingame tool and went overboard with things.

Outside that imo WW was fine and there was no need for the other changes. Well, the Pack leader morph more as utility is fine as an idea level, it needs more though to become that.

I`ve enjoyed my fair share of WW playing and still have several WW characters so no i never wanted for them to become close to RP tier in efficiency. But, good thing is... since this is MMO, and with all the recent ups and downs, eventually (at next chapter if i had to guess) ZOS will buff WW a lot. Lets hope they buff the right things. :)

Edit: Almost forgot, about premades/meta/whatnot, i actually wish things like 4xWW would be strong at lvl 50+ bgs, my only problem is low level battlegrounds, since it is often many new pvp players first impression on this game, atleast get them a bit hooked and having fun before regular battlegrounds will crush their souls later. :joy:

I actually wish there was not able to make any kind of premades on low lvl battlegrounds so minimum amount of grouped seal clubbing. I`ve never been on a premade on under lvl 50 bgs, but (obviously) have at regular ones, and yes, i`ve been on some really nasty & sweaty tryhard combos. Yes, i am guilty of being a healtank for a group also. Not that many small scale teams anymore though to fight with so most times solo or duo.

Edited by Moonsorrow on November 13, 2019 10:14AM