The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enemy Resto staff and lightning staff heavy attacks are invisible. Huge oversight.

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With the dragonhold release on console, I was quick to notice that two of the player effects zos have chosen to hide are enemy resto heavy attacks and enemy lightning heavy attacks. This is hugely problematic, because blocking your opponent's heavy attacks to deny them partial resource return is a skill based combat mechanic that many have spent time practicing. Additionally, it is significantly harder to identify sources of damage that occur from these as there is no visual indicator associated with the attack. Just yesterday I was in an engagement with four enemy players, and was taking heavy damage through dodge roll with no idea what was causing it. Turns out, an enemy pet sorc was using a lightning staff with torug's pact and elegant, spamming invisible channels on me.

Would be really nice to get a comment that the developers were made aware of this issue. I totally agree that as many effect's being hidden as possible will improve performance, but things like this NEED TO BE VISIBLE.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_BrianWheeler
@ZOS_RobGarrett
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried checking your internet connection?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not aware these effects have been removed (works fine on PC) it may just be a bug with Xbox, or a lag issue in PVP itself.
    not sure this helps you any
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not aware these effects have been removed (works fine on PC) it may just be a bug with Xbox, or a lag issue in PVP itself.
    not sure this helps you any

They are currentley not visible at all on console. You can see the enemy doing the heavy attack animation, but the beam (or channel) which is the primary visual indicator is non existant.

It is possible this was fixed in an incremental on PC, but none of the incremental patch notes indicate that it was. It is also possible this was never changed on PC, but only on console.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i know Xbox and PS4 usually about 3wks behind with patch fix's (due to certification) but mostly the DLC patchs are up to date, it could possibly get fixed in the next maintenance
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are invisible at least sometimes on PC.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted about this bug in the bug section.