The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do we even have DOT's that Tool Tip under 1000?

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
I've heard discussions about too much processing slowing down Cyrodil performance, well now that damage has been nerfed to the point where several skills are useless, why have them... We have DOTS tooltipping at 1000, people realize that is going to hit most players for about 300 damage a tic, not 3000, 300 lol. Just get rid of that nonsense all together
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they nerfed DoTs little too much.

Funny thing is, first they buffed them too much, now they nerfed them too much.

Definition of middle ground
    1: a standpoint or area midway between extreme or opposing positions, options, or objectives
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u play mag DK and complain about low dots?
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have lower dots than i did in elsweyr.
    come on zos...

prune the tree. dont hack at it with a chainsaw
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad more people see the pattern: "BUFF!! NERF!! BUFF!! NERF!! BUFF!! NERF!! BUFF NERF!!".

It's a bit like when my son was like 5-6 and drove cars in games, pulling the trigger to 100% full throttle, and then driving into walls etc. I was like "Hey, just push the trigger like halfway or released it before the road turns - half way son, half way". ZOS goes 100% throttle ALL. THE. TIME. Gradual changes isn't their thing. Rockstar lifestyle.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They buffed the dot sets (deadly etc) if you wear them
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :'(

5bEAFfi.jpg
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The majority of skills and sets in the game are never used. Now just add some more to the list.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is killing it! :trollface:
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All DoTs should have been reverted to elsweyr stats. They were perfect then, no one complained or wanted DoTs buffed. Classic case of fixing what isn't broken.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

Yeah I like how they nerf the crap out of dots and buff this set by 6% so if you wear the set you will still be doing way less damage with dots lololol.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you tool tip is for 1k now, last patch, it was 1.6k. meaning that in pvp you would be hitting for 500 dps. i mean, yes that is lower but it sounds like a build issue to me.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 9, 2019 6:07PM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    zos needs to understand that if the community thinks its fine, LEAVE IT.

flawless dawnbreaker. who had a problem with a 5% wd when slotted? no one.
    but they changed it

who had a problem with dots in elsweyr? no one. but they buffed them.

who wanted cast times on ults? a couple of little noobs who dont know how to animation cancel.
    but they changed it.

instead of all this garbage we could have had the major issues fixed. and the lag this patch is worse than ever, tho that goes without saying. invisible heavy attacks, random loading screens twice as common...

bring wrobel back.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at who decides what's going on for this game and then look at what they've done in the past 2 years. They're obviously not interested in creating a competitive, well functioning game.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

The dot sets(deadly, blooddrinker) are worse than before even with the buff because the dots themselves are very weak in numbers and a set like deadly requires A LOT of different dots to maximize efficiency. I used to combine this with master dual wield, now rending is so weak that I don't see the point, just stack weapon damage and you'll get dots that are almost as strong as using deadly strikes, but you'll also get damage on non-dot abilities and also healing.

It also doesn't help that 3 classes out of 6 can purge dots, and nightblade can negate them. That leaves sorcs and Dks as two classes that you can actually hurt a lot using dots. But sorcs simply run away and Dks aren't gonna die to low dot pressure with their very high self healing, so really, Whatever your enemy is, bursting ALWAYS outperforms dot damage now.

And I've tested this to find out exactly what I expected is indeed the case.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 11, 2019 1:26AM