The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Crash Reporting tool

Hydra9268
Hydra9268
✭✭✭
Is there a way to identify what type of error crashes ESO after logging in or reloading the UI?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand your question.
    There are log files for the client and the interface located in the folder "logs", one level above your AddOns folder.
  • Hydra9268
    Hydra9268
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, and thank you, Baertram! I am a fellow Addon author! I work on the Zygor Guide (Community Edition).

I am aware of interface.log and client.log. I came across and reviewed them while digging around my drive for something. Nothing in them stands out as a silver bullet (I hope I'm wrong and there is a clue).

So the context for my initial question is, I've updated my addon and a few other addons I use to help develop the addon to the new API version. For good measure, I have also updated the libraries in each addon to their latest versions.

Occasionally, after logging in or when I run /reloadui, the game crashes to the Crash Reporting Tool. The crashes cannot be as simple as disabling all addons, because I can log into the game with the updated addons and reload the UI without issue. I would say the game crashes about 60% of the time.

I wanted to know if there's a way to see what, in particular, is causing that? E.g., is it the game, or an addon, or all the addons, or a video driver issue, or a recent ESO patch? It's frustrating because I don't have enough information to make an informed decision.
    Edited by Hydra9268 on November 8, 2019 3:21AM