The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dps drop

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
The dps drop is stupid.

i get that some content was becoming far too easy. players being able to pull 100k dps was too extreme.

but heres the thing.
they had bis gear, all the best trait, and perfect rotations.

not all of us do.

i was pulling just under 40k dps last patch. good enough to go through most content.
now...
33k. to low for the harder trials.

and achievements like godslayer will be impossible. as far as i know only tow groups have ever completed it. now...

if u ant to nerf dps, nerf the sets and skills that are giving players the ridiculous numbers. so the players yet to hit those numbers will be less affected.

it makes it alot harder for the non elite players to complete harder content.

change it back please.

also, why update every 3 months? do a minor patch every month rather than a big overhaul every 3. then we have to live with you mistakes for less.

• SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dps drop is stupid.

if u ant to nerf dps, nerf the sets and skills that are giving players the ridiculous numbers. so the players yet to hit those numbers will be less affected.

Except the player's hitting those numbers were doing on the set's you are wearing, just a lot better. Call for further nerfs at your own peril....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    The dps drop is stupid.

Except the player's hitting those numbers were doing on the set's you are wearing, just a lot better. Call for further nerfs at your own peril....

nope. i dont run lokkestiz. still farming it.
    and relequen. i hate that thing so much. no build diversity,

like, why cant zos make more sets/buff old ones to similar values to add some diversity?
    unfathomable darkness for example. why does that do so low dps?

but still. dont nerf the players who dont need the nerf
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So don't nerf you but nerf everyone else so we're all on the same playing field?

Righto......
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    So don't nerf you but nerf everyone else so we're all on the same playing field?

Righto......

no. i mean dont nerf the people who are not the problem.
    or ad a dps cap. imean... ez
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not the sets (mostly). It's the ability to perform a rotation. A buddy of mine was able to hit in the high 90s on a Magplar with Ice Heart, FG, MS pre-patch, only because he worked hard to develop his rotation and performed it flawlessly. Sets don't make the majority of the difference. Players themselves and the work they're willing to put in do. So, unless you want Zos to go around hitting people's hands with hammers, they're not going to stop the top from being the top just by changing gear around.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    It's not the sets (mostly). It's the ability to perform a rotation. A buddy of mine was able to hit in the high 90s on a Magplar with Ice Heart, FG, MS pre-patch, only because he worked hard to develop his rotation and performed it flawlessly. Sets don't make the majority of the difference. Players themselves and the work they're willing to put in do. So, unless you want Zos to go around hitting people's hands with hammers, they're not going to stop the top from being the top just by changing gear around.

I have to agree with you. When I am on test server with the bis race, and bis armor and traits I can hardly do better DPS then on live. That is about 31k on a 6M dummy. I currently run Mother Sorrow + Spell strategist + Llambris on a Dunmer Magcro.

So it boils down to skill...try to improve rotation and light attack weaving.

Alas, it seems I have hit a wall I can not pass...
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • AngeredDaisy2
    AngeredDaisy2
    ✭✭
    Never ever ask for nerfs. Especially with the new combat team. This current patch is punishing players because a small number over succeeded. So they balanced PvP and broke PvE for all but the top players. I hope the combat team has karma come and pay them back. Because this patch should go down in the books as one of the worst. The PTS back lash was to kind.
    Edited by AngeredDaisy2 on November 6, 2019 2:37PM
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dps drop is stupid.

Those are trials dummy numbers not actual game play dps numbers
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    The dps drop is stupid.

Those are trials dummy numbers not actual game play dps numbers

While true, when you are performing mechanics, you likely won't be able to sit and perform a full rotation, there are plenty of stack and burn moments. You can easily tell if someone isn't able to perform the mechanics as they will likely be dead, or cause others to die. But in a Trial during stack and burn times, you want to know if you are up to par on the DPS requirements.

So while it isn't the only important thing, it is still important to know if your DPS is enough to be doing the content you are attempting to do. You can be a master at mechanics, but if you are only doing 10k DPS, then maybe you need to figure out a way to improve.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is they're balancing the game based on the top 1% of DPS dealers, which is stupid to begin with. You never balance around outliers, which the top 1% are. But they're doing it this way because they can't - or are afraid to - try to address the elephant in the room, which is animation cancelling. The ability to reliably animation-cancel in your rotation is what creates the biggest gaps between the top tier players and middling/average DPS players. Until they address this issue, their balancing attempts are always going to make life more miserable for the average player because the top tier DPS players will still be able to double up on what average players can do because they can reliably execute animation cancelling.

Until they fix the animation cancelling so that it is build strength/sets alone that cause the gap in DPS between the top 1% and the average players, their attempts to fight power creep just wont work. The top tier players will still be putting out gaudy DPS numbers while the average players continue to struggle through harder content.

IMO, they should stop trying to fight the power creep that exists at the top - and let the 1% be bored with bypassing all the challenging content with their DPS, or they should address the elephant in the room before trying to balance the game. Going down this route is just going to drive players from the game. Players will get tired of trying to "git gud" and they'll just "git gone" instead.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is they're balancing the game based on the top 1% of DPS dealers, which is stupid to begin with. You never balance around outliers, which the top 1% are. But they're doing it this way because they can't - or are afraid to - try to address the elephant in the room, which is animation cancelling. The ability to reliably animation-cancel in your rotation is what creates the biggest gaps between the top tier players and middling/average DPS players.

batman-slap-meme.jpg

I agree to balance on the outlier is wrong. they should "balance" by removing the outlier.

either way, animation cancelling is a very simple, effective method to increase DPS. It's not hard to do (i'm talking about 60 - 80% success weave rate, not 95+), and it doesn't suddenly double your DPS... It (should be) completely OK not to weave/cancel in this game.

My personal pet peeve is when the majority of the player (the "enthusiast gamers", not casuals, or elites, or newbies) seems to feel ENTITLED to be able to complete the top 1% achievements in the game... often without the need to put effort needed.

In my mind (and years of casual MMO), a good balance should be the majority of the player can experience 100% of the content and complete the majority of the challenges. the top players, however, with enough effort invested, should be able to complete the top challenges.

ESO is definitely not there yet.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭

Until they fix the animation cancelling so that it is build strength/sets alone that cause the gap in DPS between the top 1% and the average players, their attempts to fight power creep just wont work. The top tier players will still be putting out gaudy DPS numbers while the average players continue to struggle through harder content.

I agree in general, but the animation canceling is something very special and losing it is a bad idea. It is good that you need some skill (but it is indeed a question if the animation canceling is the best way to go) to be good. If you eliminate player's input the result will be even stronger dominance of the equipment and the only "right" rotation so an ape would be able to do well in the top tier stuff.