The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUG - Puncturing Sweeps and Scathing Mage

Altyrann
Altyrann
✭✭✭✭✭
Puncturing Sweeps is now Direct Damage. Scathing Mage procs on direct damage.

Repeated testing shows that it never procs on anything but the first of the 4 hits (no points in Burning Light and no weaving to skew results).

Any chance this will be addressed?
Edited by Altyrann on November 4, 2019 12:24PM
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if the bug is in the hits after the first not being classed as direct damage in whichever attribute scathing mage checks, or if scathing mage itself is doing something odd.

I'll leave aside the discussion on whether the stated bonuses of the set should be changed. For now just trying to understand why it doesn't do what it says
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs(haven't tested sweeps) does proc mechanical acuity. As soon as they fix scathing mage, it will be a great set on a sweepplar.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it ironic that when they try to intentionally make a skill both direct damage and damage over time it's the hardest thing in the world apparently. However I remember a time when twisted path was both a direct damage and damage over time on accident xD becuase it alone proc'ed scathing mage and valkyn skoria. Pathetic honestly...
    Edited by Zelos on November 4, 2019 7:32PM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Puncturing Sweeps is now Direct Damage. Scathing Mage procs on direct damage.

Repeated testing shows that it never procs on anything but the first of the 4 hits (no points in Burning Light and no weaving to skew results).

Any chance this will be addressed?

IT's not just scathing mage, jabs doesn't proc sets like nerieth either.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Jabs(haven't tested sweeps) does proc mechanical acuity. As soon as they fix scathing mage, it will be a great set on a sweepplar.

Jabs or Burning Light ? ;)
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scathing Mage would still not be worth running even if it did proc correctly. I suppose it is a bug, but not a high priority one.
    Playing since beta...
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you test if it was all hits or just the first, and whether Burning Light skewed things?
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Scathing Mage would still not be worth running even if it did proc correctly. I suppose it is a bug, but not a high priority one.

Could make a decent front bar set if using sweeps as a spammable. Not many good front bar options for magicka so the more the better!
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you test if it was all hits or just the first, and whether Burning Light skewed things?

The last time I tested the set on my stamplar, before they made jabs direct damage, burning light didn't proc it at all either, I sat at a dummy for over a minute spamming jabs and the set never proced, even from burning light. I am happy to say the set pretty much procs off Cool down now from just spamming jabs. I mean, if you really think burning light "skews" the test, I can try it without the passive later.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The last time I tested the set on my stamplar, before they made jabs direct damage, burning light didn't proc it at all either, I sat at a dummy for over a minute spamming jabs and the set never proced, even from burning light. I am happy to say the set pretty much procs off Cool down now from just spamming jabs. I mean, if you really think burning light "skews" the test, I can try it without the passive later.

after further testing, @Altyrann it seems i was wrong, MA is NOT being procced by jabs, it is being procced by burning light only. my "data" was skewed as all hell, my bad. please fix. these 2 sets would amazing on a Templar.

these tests cost 10k gold, to take the Burning light passive out-

screens-

first is no BL passive-
    eWS335M.jpg
    as you can see, 196 hits with jabs an no proc, one light attack and MA procced

with BL passive-
    FXBv21V.jpg

only 6 seconds from start and a burning light procced it.

again, please fix.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 5, 2019 3:02PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno has anyone taken a look at this bug?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭

after further testing, @Altyrann it seems i was wrong, MA is NOT being procced by jabs, it is being procced by burning light only. my "data" was skewed as all hell, my bad. please fix. these 2 sets would amazing on a Templar.

these tests cost 10k gold, to take the Burning light passive out-

screens-

first is no BL passive-
    eWS335M.jpg
    as you can see, 196 hits with jabs an no proc, one light attack and MA procced

with BL passive-
    FXBv21V.jpg

only 6 seconds from start and a burning light procced it.

again, please fix.

Thanks for the additional testing @OG_Kaveman
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i also believe that jabs ought to proc the ax bleed, which it does not. every night blade stam skill does, superize attack, killers blade, even power extraction, since jabs is direct damage not, i see no reason that the skill ought not proc the bleed.

see here for nightblade ax bleed evidence-

here's surprise attack-

DW bleed-
    PaOxIdG.jpg

2h bleed-
    KLdOAZT.jpg

power extraction-

dw bleed-
    AzXtbmM.jpg

2h bleed-
    dUaYwl4.jpg

even killers blade-

DW bleed-
    FGNbE5Q.jpg

2H bleed-
    6Slrxah.jpg

and just in case people say because jabs is a channel or something- flurry procced the bleed too-
    MDdJv4L.jpg
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 6, 2019 2:33PM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if Jabs procs Bloodthorn set as well? Or any other Direct Damage proc conditioned sets.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone testing on the Magicka side, try to check if things are proccing on the first hit only, on all hits or on none.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering if there's any update on when this will be addressed. The change to direct damage is not brilliant if only partly implemented.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump