The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

5.2.6 Magma Armor and its morphs

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we get a little buff here?

Magma Armor by itself is a little meh. Great for PvE tanking perhaps, but the fire DoT is completely worthless.

Now, the infamous stam morph: Corrosive Armor. Somehow ZOS added an offensive function to a defensive ultimate. Everybody loves it.
Then comes the (small) nerf, that it'll affect only direct damage, not the DoT.
Ok. Made sense. Perhaps the idea is to curb the offensive utility so people don't slot this JUST for its offense capabilities. I mean, Onslaught got hit by the same nerf bat too.

But then where does that leave the skill? the DoT got nerfed, the penetration got nerfed, and so for 200 ultimate, u basically got that 3% incoming damage cap and "a couple of extra little things". Now, let's compare that to another fan favourite: SnB's Spell Wall. 135 ulti and no only it takes 50% inc damage, it also reflect all projectile (a.k.a. 100% absorb) for the duration.

The other morph is Magma Shell. It's a good support ability, but it's "only" 100% of ally's health instead of a cap of 30k heal like Alliance War's Rev Barrier that costs also 200 ulti but arguably more effective as ur ally is unlikely to have over 30k of health.

So... as a DK, may I suggest:

1. Magma Armor: increase the DoT. It's an ultimate that costs 200 points. It deserves at least something on par with DK's other DoT skill. So how about 500 damage per sec tick?
2. Corrosive: we all know this is the "stam morph" with that poison flavor. So how about adding Poison status to all (every enemy hit by this, we get a buff from passive!) surrounding enemy? Either that, or hey, reflect damage? Kinda like our wings? Now there's a novel idea for "class identity"!
3. Magma: does this supposed to be a support ability? will it cost 200 ulti and lasted for 10 sec only? Well then, forget damage shield... make nearby allies receive 3% cap max damage, but for half the duration... so 5 sec instead of 10. If this bothers people too much, (just remember other class also have support skills) maybe a max of 5 allies only?

That's all I got.

Thoughts?
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the sight of a mag dk in pvp, it would have to be a lot cheaper to replace the psijic ulti on my backbar. And leap on the frontbar is as sure as the amen in the church.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    From the sight of a mag dk in pvp, it would have to be a lot cheaper to replace the psijic ulti on my backbar. And leap on the frontbar is as sure as the amen in the church.

This.

This is why Magma needs a buff.

As a DK, Leap is most likely an amen from the choir, and there's MANY better options for the other slot no matter what the role is....
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They took the best part about corrosive(the pen) and gave it to every player using a 2H.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magma Armor's very small dot could stay if every it's tick would apply Burning status, giving sustain for the duration.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They took the best part about corrosive(the pen) and gave it to every player using a 2H.

Not only that they removed dot penetration completely from it, killing its synergy with stamDk.

So they took what was stamDk identity, devolved it and made it into a general use stamina ability.

And then people wonder why I'm so pessimistic.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only that they removed dot penetration completely from it, killing its synergy with stamDk.

So they took what was stamDk identity, devolved it and made it into a general use stamina ability.

YES.

They label us the DoT class, but took one of our strongest ultimate, strip it bare from DoT, and create an identical similar available to everyone.

Thanks @ZOS_RobGarrett
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

YES.

They label us the DoT class, but took one of our strongest ultimate, strip it bare from DoT, and create an identical similar available to everyone.

Thanks @ZOS_RobGarrett

@ZOS_RobGarrett is probably not directly responsible from balance changes or the lack of it , though maybe he must take a look and pay close attention to this, because I believe the ''class identity'' changes backfired horribly in case of stamDk.

I no longer can afford fossilize or use wings, I also no longer use corrosive armor due to reasons I explained up there, I also don't even use stonefist since uppercut is still stronger and well, you already know my opinion on that one, as for the class dots, ironically every class except Dk has a way to somewhat ignore them now.(templar,necro,warden come with a class based purge, and nightblade cloak suppresses dots while its up significantly reducing its effectiveness.) Which wasn't that big of an issue before they decided nerf DK dot costs over and over and over again. Really Its this whole ''make everything standart'' approach that gets me the most.

Where is my mobility , purge , delayed burst. if we are to make every class standart? Where is the wings treatment to cloak and bol?

And heck, who cares if Dk has the best dots if dots as a whole are obsolete? Healing is so ridicilous people are getting from %10-20 hp back to %100 with one or two heal casts. Whats the point of dots in such a burst or bust meta?

If literally everybody can get rid of my dots which is supposed to be what makes me strong, but I can't get to have penetration for my own dots from my own class ultimate.... err, you know what... Just reading my own post frustrates me at this point. Lets just hope they actually spend more than 15 minutes when working on the next patch.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 5, 2019 4:28PM