The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bigger Battleground

Johaylons
Johaylons
TL&DR in the end.

Hello. I started playing eso about 5-6 months ago for PVP and I'm having a blast. Cyrodiil and battlegrounds.

Battlegrounds are so small and they end in 5-10 minutes. That is fine and I'm having so much fun. However I dont notice anybody talking in BG chat and even if they do its not anything related to tactics, because BGs are so fast. When I want a slower, longer pvp session with a bigger map, I jump into cyrodiil. Getting into groups or making tactics there is good.

What I realised that, I like ESO's battlegrounds(except premades of course) and cyrodiil, but something is missing in cyrodiil. You can play however long you want, take as many keeps as you want, then leave, but then you can find that 1 day later you lost all your keeps etc. There is no end in cyrodiil that says "hah nice now we won and finished this session". Lets get into another session.

Battlegrounds and cyrodiil as they are right now are fine, I dont want them to be changed. But I'd like to have another, bigger battleground, basically like Alterac Valley from WoW. You burn towers, take places and in the end you push, win and finish the match, the end.

For comparison; ESO BGs are 4v4v4 and WoW is 10v10 or 15v15, 40v40 in epic battlegrounds. ESO works in a smaller way I think, in BGs. So you can make the new bigger battleground 15v15 instead of 40v40. That could be the first 2 sided battleground, if not, you could make it 12v12v12. The player numbers can be adjusted.

I was a WoW player before but I quit it, because there are so many wrong things with it in my taste. You can say "the only thing" I liked about WoW pvp was random epic battlegrounds, especially AV. I used to spam that ***.

I'll be here nevertheless because I can have fun in other mods too and ESO suits better to my tastes. Its just that I would be having more fun if this was added.

I wanted to see what other people would think about this. If majority doesnt want this, thats totally fine, bceause democracy and I dont want to kill other people's fun. But maybe more people would want this.

Thanks for reading.

TL&DR: I think it would add to the game if we had a bigger battleground that concludes in a win or loss, like alterac valley from WoW. Cyrodiil looks like that, but it doesnt end like other battlegrounds and I dont have the feeling of winning or losing, just doing something and then leaving. unlike alterac valley which was 40v40 in wow, this could be 15v15 or 12v12v12, player number can be changed. Would you like that or not? Thanks!
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, 12x12x12 sounds like a good start. With objectives that takes coop from a part of the grp to accomplish. Only a part to make things a bit easier for pug's to succed.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have this! The old vanilla WoW AV was so awesome. 12v12v12 would be about right; any more than that and I'd fear the server would start lagging.
    Edited by Solariken on November 3, 2019 12:54PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your TL DR is too long.
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Your TL DR is too long.

Apologies, I tried to edit but couldnt find the edit option. I will take this into account nex time.
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    @Saltisol @Solariken Thanks for your imput. I agree.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Johaylons great to see new players and to hear that you like ESO PvP! Like you I like both Cyro (and IC) and BGs. I do agree that a format in an in-between size between Cyro and BGs would be nice, and personnally I would prefer it to be team vs team instead of team vs team vs team. But I think the best way to implement it would be group dueling, with groups of 2 - 24 being able to challenge each other in PvE areas (maybe not in cities), including unequal group sizes - this would be a very flexible format for many group sizes and there are many great locations for it.

Btw concerning a stronger feeling of purpose in Cyro: I would recommend joining a raid guild, and then every raid will feel like you won or didn't, depending how well the raid went and what groups your raid fought, etc... and there is all the teamwork in preparing raids, during raids, and discussing how it went, deciding on improvements etc
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    MipMip wrote: »
    But I think the best way to implement it would be group dueling, with groups of 2 - 24 being able to challenge each other in PvE areas (maybe not in cities), including unequal group sizes - this would be a very flexible format for many group sizes and there are many great locations for it.

Oh thats a different idea, that could also work if its less like a death match and more like capturing bases.
    MipMip wrote: »
    Btw concerning a stronger feeling of purpose in Cyro: I would recommend joining a raid guild, and then every raid will feel like you won or didn't, depending how well the raid went and what groups your raid fought, etc... and there is all the teamwork in preparing raids, during raids, and discussing how it went, deciding on improvements etc

I dont like raiding or pve in general, but maybe If I get bored enough I might try.

Thanks for the input mate!

• MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Johaylons I meant PvP raiding of course! I don't like PvE either :)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all Cyrodil group sizes.
    This coupled with the unsplit matchmaking would lead to a 12 man group smacking everyone all day long - Exactly like people used to do in AV and any of the other WoW BG's (And they were MMR rated and actually matched you against the right opponents)
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)