The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

These Plants for Gold: I'll Buy Moon-Sugar Meadow

Raltin
Raltin
✭✭✭✭
I'll make you a deal, ZOS. Just as the title says, if you make these plants here a gold-bought furnishing at the Rimmen/Senchal Home Goods Furnisher (At a reasonable price! Don't make them expensive just to spite me! DON'T make them a weekend-only furnishing that can be bought in Coldharbour once in a blue moon!), I'll finally buy your Moon-Sugar Meadow. I've wanted to turn the place into a plantation since it came out, but there are practically no farm plants at all to do so with, and so: unpurchased it has remained. Aside from the two Pellitine farm-usable plants released with Dragonhold; the Thorny Palm, which is a nut-bearing tree, and the Jackfruit Tree, of which there are both multiple models of, this is the YEAR of Elsweyr, Zenimax, the year of the Khajiit... You have released both Anequina, and a good portion of Pellitine, and nowhere can we buy Moon-Sugarcane as a conservatory plant. That is sad. The practical cornerstone of Khajiiti society, and you can't even purchase it in its natural, living form before it goes into processing as a spice. There is LITERALLY a house named "Moon-Sugar Meadow"... and the only Moon-Sugar 'plant' available is a harvested, cut-down stack of it tied up in a bundle ONLY able to be bought with crowns. Just sad.

So, just as I said, make these three plants able to be purchased with gold; Thorny Palm, Jackfruit Tree, and Moon-Sugarcane, of which I have even provided screenshots of... and I will buy your crown-only house. I also hope to see the multiple models of these plants, not just one model of each, available for purchase. Aside from these three plants, I'm very certain you'd find plenty of players who would appreciate an expansion of gold-bought plants. There are in fact many plant models in-game that have not been released for player purchase, that I know friends of mine are just dying to get their hands on. Who knows, there may even be other players like me who, without a means of buying certain furnishings/plants with in-game currency, refuse to purchase crown-only content. Please give it a consideration, ZOS... It would be a nice change of pace.

Moonsugar_Cane.png
Thorny_Palm.png
Jackfruit_Tree.png
Edited by Raltin on November 3, 2019 7:47AM
"Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want moon sugar plants as well! It’s the final piece I need for my meadow
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well hot darn, I think...yup it looks like the Housing team is getting right on this request ASAP. I think they are all scheduled to work 24 hour shifts for the next 4 weeks to make this happen, no eat or sleep at all. I guess you must know people in high places, because they are scrambling to meet your request!
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well hot darn, I think...yup it looks like the Housing team is getting right on this request ASAP. I think they are all scheduled to work 24 hour shifts for the next 4 weeks to make this happen, no eat or sleep at all. I guess you must know people in high places, because they are scrambling to meet your request!

Hardy-har-har. I know they likely aren't going to pay attention to this, and I know they're likely not going to do this. But if there's one thing ZoS cares about, and it's sure not the players, it's their wallets. If perhaps enough players FINALLY got fed up with the recent crap, and stopped purchasing because of it, then maybe, just MAYBE they might start pulling their heads out of their rear ends and putting their ears back to the players lips.

The point of this post isn't to have them /obey/ me, it's to add yet ANOTHER thread to the ever growing list of complaints, gripes, angers, and ventings on the sizable pile that is accumulating in this forum. This one forum post? Who cares! It's just one little bug bite of a disgruntled player... but add all those other 'bug bites' together? If other players start growing serious about the 'we're not going to buy this crap anymore' then PERHAPS Zo$ will start getting the withdrawal-shakes as their money-milking addiction begins to dry up. If it doesn't? I've pretty much gotten to the point that, now, the only money I spend on this game is my monthly subscription, and that's it... Because this cow is sick and tired of the milkin'. If I'm the only one with that sentiment and the stones to back it up, then oh friggen well, I've done my part and that's all I can do.

From the "Khajiiti life style" furnishing pack that just hit from the november crown store showcase, see the khajiit well in the picture? It also appears that moon-sugarcane is going to be crown only, if that stupid pack is any indication. WELL, I may not be able to make the moon-sugarcane, but with existing materials, ALL player-made, I can make my own khajiit well... I don't care if that pack, limited time or not is the ONLY means that will ever exist for buying that plant, or if they are available separate in the crown furnishing section, I'M NOT BUYING IT. Take your crown-only plants, and your crown-only well, Zo$, and shove off, because I'm not buying something so simple as that which should have been gold-bought content, or player-crafted with mats.
    Screenshot_20191104_215806.png
    Edited by Raltin on November 5, 2019 4:10AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see jack fruit
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raltin wrote: »

Hardy-har-har. I know they likely aren't going to pay attention to this, and I know they're likely not going to do this. But if there's one thing ZoS cares about, and it's sure not the players, it's their wallets. If perhaps enough players FINALLY got fed up with the recent crap, and stopped purchasing because of it, then maybe, just MAYBE they might start pulling their heads out of their rear ends and putting their ears back to the players lips.

The point of this post isn't to have them /obey/ me, it's to add yet ANOTHER thread to the ever growing list of complaints, gripes, angers, and ventings on the sizable pile that is accumulating in this forum. This one forum post? Who cares! It's just one little bug bite of a disgruntled player... but add all those other 'bug bites' together? If other players start growing serious about the 'we're not going to buy this crap anymore' then PERHAPS Zo$ will start getting the withdrawal-shakes as their money-milking addiction begins to dry up. If it doesn't? I've pretty much gotten to the point that, now, the only money I spend on this game is my monthly subscription, and that's it... Because this cow is sick and tired of the milkin'. If I'm the only one with that sentiment and the stones to back it up, then oh friggen well, I've done my part and that's all I can do.

From the "Khajiiti life style" furnishing pack that just hit from the november crown store showcase, see the khajiit well in the picture? It also appears that moon-sugarcane is going to be crown only, if that stupid pack is any indication. WELL, I may not be able to make the moon-sugarcane, but with existing materials, ALL player-made, I can make my own khajiit well... I don't care if that pack, limited time or not is the ONLY means that will ever exist for buying that plant, or if they are available separate in the crown furnishing section, I'M NOT BUYING IT. Take your crown-only plants, and your crown-only well, Zo$, and shove off, because I'm not buying something so simple as that which should have been gold-bought content, or player-crafted with mats.
    Screenshot_20191104_215806.png

I just personally find it amusing when people position their suggestions as "...hey if you do this, I would 100% spend money..." An interesting and entertaining way to suggest something.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just personally find it amusing when people position their suggestions as "...hey if you do this, I would 100% spend money..." An interesting and entertaining way to suggest something.

Well, if what Zo$ cares most about how well they've got their hands buried into pockets, they need to start realizing that certain business practices are causing some players to swat that hand out of said pocket, switch the wallet to other pocket, and staple it shut. I realize not all players are annoyed with it, and some who are still fork over the cash cow, but I'm entertaining some teeeeeeeeny tiiiiiiiiny hope that there are enough players out there that share my view, or enough that are starting to come around to that viewpoint, that Zo$ at least starts TRYING to listen to player feedback again.

It's gotten to the point where customer support has even just completely tanked. I used to get personal responses from CS on occasion, when reporting bugs, or asking for help in a stuck quest that helped me fix the problem, etc etc... Not anymore, sometimes I'm lucky to even get a 'thank you for reporting' email, and even then I don't always get one. Want to know the last personal response I got from customer support? It was when I had to wait on my new debit card to arrive, and I ended up missing a crown store pet I wanted to buy, and not even an expensive one. I contacted them, hoping for a chance to get said pet that I couldn't pay for at the time after it was removed, and they reached back to me saying I had to pay double. That was over a year ago. One heck of a last personal response, eh? "Give us twice he amount of money for a cheap digital good!"

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, if what Zo$ cares most about how well they've got their hands buried into pockets, they need to start realizing that certain business practices are causing some players to swat that hand out of said pocket, switch the wallet to other pocket, and staple it shut. I realize not all players are annoyed with it, and some who are still fork over the cash cow, but I'm entertaining some teeeeeeeeny tiiiiiiiiny hope that there are enough players out there that share my view, or enough that are starting to come around to that viewpoint, that Zo$ at least starts TRYING to listen to player feedback again.

It's gotten to the point where customer support has even just completely tanked. I used to get personal responses from CS on occasion, when reporting bugs, or asking for help in a stuck quest that helped me fix the problem, etc etc... Not anymore, sometimes I'm lucky to even get a 'thank you for reporting' email, and even then I don't always get one. Want to know the last personal response I got from customer support? It was when I had to wait on my new debit card to arrive, and I ended up missing a crown store pet I wanted to buy, and not even an expensive one. I contacted them, hoping for a chance to get said pet that I couldn't pay for at the time after it was removed, and they reached back to me saying I had to pay double. That was over a year ago. One heck of a last personal response, eh? "Give us twice he amount of money for a cheap digital good!"

Because people like me do it with or without people like you.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, you either stay that way, or start getting fed up with it. I started getting fed up with it, enough to start complaining, which is about as much as a player can do against a company short of a lawsuit, and I don't think there's anything Zo$ has done that breaks the law and warrants a lawsuit, just complaints. Whether or not you start getting fed up with it, well that's you, not me. You're as entitled to your stance and opinions as anyone else, so power to ya, whatever you decide to go with. As for me, I've been watching the pot boil on the proverbial stove over the past year with more and more players getting angry, and I've finally fallen into the cooking pot with them. Just before that 'Khajiiti life style' furnishing pack releases... well like I said, can't do anything about the moon-sugarcane, but I think I'll make a separate thread here in the crown store forums and the housing forums, urging players to not buy it if they're just after the well, and provide screenshots/tips on how to build your own khajiit, or otherwise, well, albeit at a higher cost of housing spaces. Here's another design of mine.
    Khajiit_Well2.png

Edited by Raltin on November 5, 2019 11:39PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, you either stay that way, or start getting fed up with it. I started getting fed up with it, enough to start complaining, which is about as much as a player can do against a company short of a lawsuit, and I don't think there's anything Zo$ has done that breaks the law and warrants a lawsuit, just complaints. Whether or not you start getting fed up with it, well that's you, not me. You're as entitled to your stance and opinions as anyone else, so power to ya, whatever you decide to go with. As for me, I've been watching the pot boil on the proverbial stove over the past year with more and more players getting angry, and I've finally fallen into the cooking pot with them. Just before that 'Khajiiti life style' furnishing pack releases... well like I said, can't do anything about the moon-sugarcane, but I think I'll make a separate thread here in the crown store forums and the housing forums, urging players to not buy it if they're just after the well, and provide screenshots/tips on how to build your own khajiit, or otherwise, well, albeit at a higher cost of housing spaces. Here's another design of mine.
    Khajiit_Well2.png

Been playing this game since beta 2013. I am sure eventually another game will come out (Camelot Unchained?) that will take up my attention and wallet, but for now it's basically ESO and CSGO.