Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS FIX THE BG Q'S

rjeffs
rjeffs
^That is all.

[edited title to remove profanity]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 3, 2019 2:13PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with them?
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    What's wrong with them?

Infinite load screens, and it seems they also somehow broke MMR, resulting in solo queues having way longer queue times than premades.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep....similar problem as a few days ago....infinite loading
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having endless queue times too when I queue solo (30 mins and more). Before the last patch, my queue time was usually less than 2 mins.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is hoping to alienate as many players as possible so they can finally stop making the game and move on to direct the next Star Wars trilogy.
  • rjeffs
    rjeffs
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    ZoS is hoping to alienate as many players as possible so they can finally stop making the game and move on to direct the next Star Wars trilogy.

lols.. well it's working... I won't even pretend I understand the intricacies behind the coding of online gaming/server maintenance.. the thing that's driving me insane is that it was working perfectly fine prior to the patch. So, wouldn't it make sense to assume someone there understands how to make it work, but just refuses to revert back? Or would that break the game even further than it already is?

Whatever it is, I pay money for this pile of trash so i guess you could say I'm the idiot. T.T
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old finder was not perfect but at least we learned to live with it's bugs and problems. In the end, it was possible to play. With the new finder we now have to learn a whole new set of bugs and weird behaviours, and how to deal with them. But the worst thing is, the new finder, with endless queue time and endless loading screens, does not allows us to play. So a giant step behind in terms of user experience. A badly balanced match from time to time it's better anyway than having no match at all.
    Edited by mandricus on November 4, 2019 10:17AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

And then get thrown out of back out of it, making all those efforts towards alienating their original audience for absolutely nothing.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    The old finder was not perfect but at least we learned to live with it's bugs and problems. In the end, it was possible to play. With the new finder we now have to learn a whole new set of bugs and weird behaviours, and how to deal with them. But the worst thing is, the new finder, with endless queue time and endless loading screens, does not allows us to play. So a giant step behind in terms of user experience. A badly balanced match from time to time it's better anyway than having no match at all.

Agreed, at least we were able to play a few bg's…..
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In really bummed about bg queues, I want to have fun with the new patch and test a million builds but this is really putting a damper on my enjoyment of the game.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just had probably 4 completed bg matches in a row, fifth was going very well until the screen froze twice, after second the game crashed and Error 318 appeared: "You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit. Please avoid excessive messaging (i.e. spamming).", I'm extremely tempted to start spamming some serious garbage threads and break multiple forum rules! I was also rewarded with the well deserved 20 minutes deserter penalty for my filthy "spamming", isn't it enough that my EU account is now full 8 months stuck, why the hell am I penalized this much all the fugging time!!!???
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    And no I don't want to see the troubleshoot list right now, thank for your understanding.
  • menetherinb16_ESO
    New system is absolute garbage. Ridden with bugs, slow ass ques or load screens without the guarantee of actually getting a game.

What are bg players even meant to do at this point.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could barely play today, only got into 3 matches the rest just was perma loading screens
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, I've experienced instant pops into a match after accepting the prompt. I had never experienced this before.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, I've experienced instant pops into a match after accepting the prompt. I had never experienced this before.

With dragonhold they changed it to where you automatically get put in the lobby once you accept the queue. If enough players aren’t found after 5mins it should kick you.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With dragonhold they changed it to where you automatically get put in the lobby once you accept the queue. If enough players aren’t found after 5mins it should kick you.

I see, hence this new experience of popping into the "lobby" with no other players on your team. Well, so far, I'll take it over having to accept the prompt 800 times to get into a match, however they do need to get rid of the deserter penalty applying before the match has begun, or at least get rid of the deserter penalty preventing me from gaining AP in Cyro.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 13, 2019 3:42AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • menetherinb16_ESO
    Except the timer goes to 0 you dont get kicked out and then you get deserter.

Or you que with friends and get into a different bg to them etc etc

Game is in a shocking state for bg's, at least on Eu
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except the timer goes to 0 you dont get kicked out and then you get deserter.

Or you que with friends and get into a different bg to them etc etc

Game is in a shocking state for bg's, at least on Eu

yep!! still pretty crap situation
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox NA, I've probably gotten into 10 bgs that never start due to not having enough players. I've never quit out however. If you wait, THE BG WILL CLOSE AND YOU WON'T GET A DESERTER PENALTY. It takes probably 5 to 10 mins after the timer hits 0:00, and it's annoying as hell, but it's better than a 20 min deserter penalty.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just gives me more reasons to hate Premades when they get into BGs faster than I do solo queuing.
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    Would be a lot better if It didn’t lock you out of the game while queuing now
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how calm and without any notable urgency Zenimax is acting once again, it's not really any huge surprise for anyone who has played this game longer. It's not their problem after all, we players are the ones trying to play and our monthly payments have been collected already. Also these issues happen very regularly during every event or after new dlc or larger download, It's guaranteed there will always be more or less lag and loading screens added, also some exciting surprise feature often appears, it always takes few weeks or more to get the worst problems solved, same issues will usually appear again in the future.
    Battlegrounds is my main activity on Xbox NA while my main EU account has been now completely stuck for 8 MONTHS and 5 DAYS, absolutely nothing has been done to fix it. Salt is slowly but surely piling up with these problems, it will be solved even if the only results are warnings and bans for me the loyal paying customer. But the problem could be on all of our connections and routers again suddenly at the same time, I bet Zenimax agrees with this.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Instant pops followed by infinite loading screens and unmade games that never start....
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it great how this thread was started at the beginning of November and here we are at the END of December and if anything, BGs are worse then before?
    Two months their content has been broken, and no official word. :smile:
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Currently there is a waiting list with the queues. The LFG tool was overloaded and ZoS decided to add this waiting list before you can be pulled for a game. That is why in EU prime time you have to wait 15+ minutes for a game and once there are not so many ppl your queue time is 10 minutes.
    Because I can!
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I came back after a decent length break, queued up for a bg waited 15 minutes and got into a 2v4v4 game.

Guess I'll wait longer, maybe after the announcement in January.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 2020 now, servers just came up , I guess I had hope that bgs would be functional........ NOPE. STILL BROKEN.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    I came back after a decent length break, queued up for a bg waited 15 minutes and got into a 2v4v4 game.

Guess I'll wait longer, maybe after the announcement in January.

same basically

waited almost exactly 15 mins, ended up in a 2v4v4 deathmatch with a potato on my team who left after a few minutes after melting during every fight, leaving me in 1v4v4. guess which team i'm on.

very cool bg queues zos.

i quit pvping months ago because of this nonsense and i'm ready to quit again after giving it another chance.
    Edited by ecru on January 2, 2020 3:22PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    This stupid 2 v 4 v 4 thing needs to end. Fix it ZOS.

Nobody left the 2p group, just nobody extra came. Rebalance before a game starts.
This discussion has been closed.