The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP Stam Sorc Build Help

ioo
ioo
I have been working on a stam sorc but it just hasn’t been doing all that well. Not enough damage and not tanky enough. I have been building for no cp so here it is: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=187443
I’ve been stuck reworking this build cuz I like it better than the magicka Templar and magicka sorc I have been using, but it just doesn’t work as well. Please feel free to make some suggestions, but I would like to keep whirling blades, blade cloak, and bound armaments if possible cuz that’s why I like the build so much and if I remove those then I might as well go back to my magplar or mag sorc that’s doing actually doing well. I am looking to make the build have high damage, but just tanky enough to kill my enemies before they kill me. Thanks I appreciate your response.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really all golded and hakeijo'd? Gear wise, you really just can't do much better for No CP than that. You could add in a Weapon Set bow or DW, maybe swapping out Fury for a set you can reliably backbar, like Seventh, and you could try a damage monster set. You'll die much more however without TK, unless you have a Healer. Ideally you should have a damage monster set to put on when you're with a good healer, and wear TK when you're not.

For the amount of gold and transmutes you have sunk in that build, considering it's hard to do much better than that, if it even is at all, I wouldn't worry about changing out those sets before you've examined your skill selection and tactics more closely.

You could try 5 medium instead of 5 heavy, but there are probably many StamSorcs who prefer 5 heavy in No CP.
    Edited by Urzigurumash on November 2, 2019 3:33AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if by No CP you mean Battlegrounds Death Match, you shouldn't try to compare your StamSorc to a MagPlar or MagSorc. StamSorcs can shine in 1v1 and organized group play, but will get chewed up by mag specs in disorganized, uncoordinated group play most of the time, especially in Death Match.

Expect to perform poorly on a heavy armor stam build in Death Match unless you are in a well-coordinated group. Group coordination is really a more important consideration than class or build, frankly.

The flip side is StamSorc is maybe the best class for Objective modes. Heavy armor stam specs shine in these modes, mag specs not so much, outside of a well-coordinated group.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 2, 2019 3:42AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course for a variety of reasons bow goes best with medium, I'm sure you know that though. Bow in Heavy might be good in Cyro but outside of using it for CC effects or stam regen from a safe distance I'm not sure it's that great on Heavy in Battlegrounds.
  • ioo
    ioo
    Wow thanks for the detailed responses but yeah everything is gold except for rings those are purple I plan on making those gold soon and everything is tri stat. I wanted to go bow because I wanted a good weapon enchant activator that also comes with an execute, but I might change it and try medium for more damage. I honestly don’t mind changing out some sets since fury is commonly used and I could definitely use it on another build. Thanks for the suggestions I will definitely tinker around with them. 😊
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I highly recommend swapping your bow for SnB.

Hurricane, crit surge, armaments, cloak and spin. Dawny, atro or negate ult.

Vigor, dark deal, armaments, invasion, puncture. Spell wall ult.

With SnB you gain an op cheap ult that i honestly use offensively more than defensively, added defense, cheaper blocking, minor protection from puncture as well as major fracture, and invasion is both a gapcloser and stun - which means no streak is needed, so you can pretty much cast dark deal infinitely.

SnB play style isnt the best on all classes, but I'll never understand how its not more popular on stamsorc.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    For a long time I ran Fury / Night Mother's Gaze on my Stamsorc and had a lot of success with it in BGs.
  • ioo
    ioo
    I highly recommend swapping your bow for SnB.

Hurricane, crit surge, armaments, cloak and spin. Dawny, atro or negate ult.

Vigor, dark deal, armaments, invasion, puncture. Spell wall ult.

With SnB you gain an op cheap ult that i honestly use offensively more than defensively, added defense, cheaper blocking, minor protection from puncture as well as major fracture, and invasion is both a gapcloser and stun - which means no streak is needed, so you can pretty much cast dark deal infinitely.

SnB play style isnt the best on all classes, but I'll never understand how its not more popular on stamsorc.

That actually sounds pretty good I’ll definitely test that out! Thx for the idea!
  • ioo
    ioo
    Shanehere wrote: »
    For a long time I ran Fury / Night Mother's Gaze on my Stamsorc and had a lot of success with it in BGs.

Interesting, I’ll try that out as well if I don’t end up putting puncture on
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You might try to work Blackrose DW into the build (farm it on normal). That would mean you need a back-barrable set, such as 7th Legion.

I rarely play stamsorc, but always thought Prisoner an interesting set for that class. Gain 1K magicka / sec while sprinting to either Dark Deal or alternate sprint and Streak. Prisoner + Coward's Gear makes for a good Cyro scroll runner and may suit some BG modes.

What does everyone think of Crit Surge healing in no CP? I've heard that stamsorc performs better in CP, due to the higher crit. I also think that using Flurry as your spammable may help keep Crit Surge healing coming in at a steady rate and the Bloodthirst morph would heal you as well.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB