The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade is fine

StaticWave
StaticWave
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Despite the nerfs to many class skills, NB still does insane damage, and is one of the best classes right now. Watch this video of a great stamblade player on PC EU, and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIGBlNhC5UY&t=175s

Platform:
PC NA

Main:
Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A good player can do that on any class and I'd argue even more efficiently on some classes. NB has never felt more crap to play so no the class isn't "fine" there are many issues, the cast time on Incap being the main issue.
    Edited by Vlad9425 on October 31, 2019 11:59PM
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    A good player can do that on any class and I'd argue even more efficiently on some classes. NB has never felt more crap to play so no the class isn't "fine" there are many issues, the cast time on Incap being the main issue.

No class can kill as quickly and effectively as a NB can. Not even a stamden can burst down a target that quickly
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you made your own thread about it ? :D:joy:
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol what? Any other class being controlled by a good player can do this. Shameless self promotion. The build is meh too. I know because you posted it a couple of days ago. Basic. Nothing new to see here.

Not saying NB isn’t good, my main is an NB. I’m just saying this isn’t special by any means.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haters gon’ hate
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

No class can kill as quickly and effectively as a NB can. Not even a stamden can burst down a target that quickly

Well this is just a lie because other classes can easily burst down people this quickly on high burst builds also you chose a video where the guy is making a montage so obviously he has edited in the best clips. Just cause you watched a video of one of the best players getting kills doesn't mean the class is fine there are many frustrating decisions which were made to NB in the previous few updates.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean I could say the same about dawnbreaker’s cast time or any ultimates. That’s more of a cast time issue than class issue. It doesn’t make NB weak. You and I can ramble on all day long about NB being weak or strong but at the end of the day actual gameplay speaks more volume and I provided just that. Nb remains at the top with regards to damage capability. It always has when you look at their tool kit. I can build maximum damage on my stamsorc or stamdk but I will never be able to match a stamblade’s burst potential. It’s just how the class was designed.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean I could say the same about dawnbreaker’s cast time or any ultimates. That’s more of a cast time issue than class issue. It doesn’t make NB weak. You and I can ramble on all day long about NB being weak or strong but at the end of the day actual gameplay speaks more volume and I provided just that. Nb remains at the top with regards to damage capability. It always has when you look at their tool kit. I can build maximum damage on my stamsorc or stamdk but I will never be able to match a stamblade’s burst potential. It’s just how the class was designed.

I also have a Stam Sorc mate and it's a much better class to play than Stamblade right now I can assure you. Maybe try actually playing Stam NB then come back here and tell me how Overpowered it is or maybe you'll quickly realize why its one of the least played classes in the game.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol what? Any other class being controlled by a good player can do this. Shameless self promotion. The build is meh too. I know because you posted it a couple of days ago. Basic. Nothing new to see here.

Not saying NB isn’t good, my main is an NB. I’m just saying this isn’t special by any means.

First of all, I clearly stated that this is not my video, so it’s not self promotion.

Second, Nb’s entire kit is designed to kill people fast. I cannot replicate the same efficiency on a stamsorc or stamdk, no matter how good I am. There’s always going to be class limitations. It’s like saying a Warden does equally as good as a Nb in a 1v1 when its kit is more designed for GvG compared to a 1v1 designed kit of a Nb.

Third, this is not my build or my video. Please actually read the post and watch the video before posting.

Fourth, I’m using this video as gameplay proof (not mine) for my argument about how Nb is fine. Talking isn’t going to prove anything. There needs to be evidence and this one does it
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I also have a Stam Sorc mate and it's a much better class to play than Stamblade right now I can assure you. Maybe try actually playing Stam NB then come back here and tell me how Overpowered it is or maybe you'll quickly realize why its one of the least played classes in the game.

I do? I play both NB and stamsorc. Like I said Nb is fine. Mind if I ask what platform you play on?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do? I play both NB and stamsorc. Like I said Nb is fine. Mind if I ask what platform you play on?

OK so you claim to play NB yet you try to make a thread saying the NB is in a great spot when it's apparent that there are issues with the class as 95% of NB players who do all the content on the game will confirm. I play on PS4.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OK so you claim to play NB yet you try to make a thread saying the NB is in a great spot when it's apparent that there are issues with the class as 95% of NB players who do all the content on the game will confirm. I play on PS4.

Yes... It’s usually Nb mains that complain about Nbs being weak. Same with any people complaining about their main being weak but not looking at the strong stuff.

I mean the whole point of that video was to prove that Nb is still great at doing damage and surviving. Most fights in that clip were in no CP BGs against high mmr players. You can’t say Nb does weak damage or has low survivability when sniker literally sh*ts out damage in the clips
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting vids by one of the best NBs out there before the latest patch does not show NB is in a good place.

Why dont you show us your own vid to prove it?
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on November 1, 2019 12:46AM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Posting vids by one of the best NBs out there before the latest patch does not show NB is in a good place.

Why dont you show us your own vid to prove it?

Sure! I’ll get back to you in a week
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes... It’s usually Nb mains that complain about Nbs being weak. Same with any people complaining about their main being weak but not looking at the strong stuff.

I mean the whole point of that video was to prove that Nb is still great at doing damage and surviving. Most fights in that clip were in no CP BGs against high mmr players. You can’t say Nb does weak damage or has low survivability when sniker literally sh*ts out damage in the clips

At no point have I said NB is "weak" I am simply stating the fact that there are things wrong with the class which doesn't make it "fine". There are issues with the class and sure in the right circumstances and against the right opponents you can get clips like you see in that video but like I said before this isn't an accurate representation of how combat flows in ESO and like I said before this can be achieved on other classes too.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At no point have I said NB is "weak" I am simply stating the fact that there are things wrong with the class which doesn't make it "fine". There are issues with the class and sure in the right circumstances and against the right opponents you can get clips like you see in that video but like I said before this isn't an accurate representation of how combat flows in ESO and like I said before this can be achieved on other classes too.

Dizzy + ultimate is not as fluid and efficient as surprise attack + incap
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, I clearly stated that this is not my video, so it’s not self promotion.

Second, Nb’s entire kit is designed to kill people fast. I cannot replicate the same efficiency on a stamsorc or stamdk, no matter how good I am. There’s always going to be class limitations. It’s like saying a Warden does equally as good as a Nb in a 1v1 when its kit is more designed for GvG compared to a 1v1 designed kit of a Nb.

Third, this is not my build or my video. Please actually read the post and watch the video before posting.

Fourth, I’m using this video as gameplay proof (not mine) for my argument about how Nb is fine. Talking isn’t going to prove anything. There needs to be evidence and this one does it

I read it and watched the video. Clearly a great player. It’s just weird that more than one post referring to the person in the video has been made on this persons behalf in a fairly small amount of time, on these forums. That’s the only reason it struck me as shameless self promotion and someone talking in the third person. Nothing wrong with it. It’s advertising like anything else. I also agree NB is strong. Just saying many classes are equally strong and NB hasn’t had some love in awhile (from ZoS). I love my NB. It’s extremely tough and has huge burst potential, though I think it’s a lot on the players shoulders to make it work as well. I would imagine the average player could not do what I or the player in the video could do, and I’m not claiming to be better or worse than the person in this video, but i do know the class and have played other classes as well. Not trying to be argumentative, I feel we would probably agree on 95% of the stuff being mentioned in these posts. NB is NOT in a bad spot at the moment.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *blows raspberry
    Options
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's play "Find the Nightblade".

fuc2Dpi.png
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »

fuc2Dpi.png

If that’s a high MMR match, it’s those 0/7s and 0/5s
    Options
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fuc2Dpi.png

Let's play "anecdotal evidence doesn't mean [snip]"

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 5, 2019 8:28PM
    Options
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

fuc2Dpi.png

When "Grezlow" and "Susurraviento" are your pocket tank/heals you should be getting a good kdr.
    Options
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Nb is fine"

-Sorcs.

(and no. every class can burst just like nb. if you cant, well.. whats the word..uh.. L2P xD)
    Options