The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Heavy attack seems useless

jcr1978rwb17_ESO
jcr1978rwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi ZoS, Please make the heavy attack give alot more stamina or magicka because as it is, it's not worth the effort.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos, I counter this argument by asking you to leave it the way it is. Its fine.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe your character just needs to work out more? :p
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They mostly are, there are a few cases where they are used though:

1. PVP burst combos, 2h and Fire staves in particular can wack out a massive amount of heavy attack damage in a single hit with the right build. People will often do this and for example bash cancel into a finisher ability.
    2. Tanking, if you can get away with not blocking for some time its free resource. Ice staves will also taunt for example.
    3. DPS PVE will sometimes have rotations that say, have 1 HA every second cycle on a rotation, when a build has barely enough regen

So it has uses, its just not designed to be the main way to play the game. Combat would be pretty bad if it was all heavy attacking all the time.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd rather take base recovery increase or abilities cost reduction across the board.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that there are also proper heavy attack builds, which build around heavily buffing the heavy attack damage.
    Xynode's "easy sorc" build is one fairly popular example.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use off meta heavy attack pet sorc. 37k on 3kk dummy with guild store gear outside of vMA and monster.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ZoS, Please make the heavy attack give alot more stamina or magicka because as it is, it's not worth the effort.

How many CP do you have? Put points into the Tenacity perk, increases the return on HA.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    i'd rather take base recovery increase or abilities cost reduction across the board.

While that is undoubtedly useful, a quick burst of mag/stam can save a situation.