The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cast times, so when are they bieng removed from ultimates?

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
Seeing as the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative on cast times on ultimates, when are you zos going to revert the change? What kind of audience are you trying to cater to with this awful clunky gameplay?
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be no cast times on anything. Channeled skills are fine but cast times just don't work.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone just runs onslaught now. Pretty aids tbh. Stamblades onslaught you then instantly spam surprise attack. Solo is so toxic right now... maybe next patch will be better? I’m on ps4 NA, my update is Tuesday
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    When enough time has passed for ZOS to make it look like a change rather than reverting a bad change.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cast times being removed from ultimates?

i hope never, me and my guild mates and friends love the cast times and use them to our advantage in several ways including timing them to trick people and several other ways like also as defence of not dying too massive damage in 1 second.
    it actually now takes timing and skill to play instead of the boring way it was earlier.
    we love the change and hope it never changes.
    Seeing as the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative on cast times on ultimates

awful clunky gameplay

that simply is just false.
    first of all you are basing that information and statement on just you, your friends, and those who think like you.
    but there is Huge amount of people in eso. the developers have even stated there is an upwards of over 11 MILLION Accounts in the player database, so to claim that everyone wants it just because you and your friends want it is just not true and honestly, quite selfish.
    'if you want to know how people honestly feel about any change of anything in eso, then you need to reach out to every player via Email and @account and ask them Directly, instead of just making assumptions that just because the people you normaly speak with and guild members and friends feel like because honestly thats just an unfair and false statement and purely assumption. especially when you look at the fact that all my friends guild mates and people i play with all love the cast times.
    please be fair.

• Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

i hope never, me and my guild mates and friends love the cast times and use them to our advantage in several ways including timing them to trick people and several other ways like also as defence of not dying too massive damage in 1 second.
    it actually now takes timing and skill to play instead of the boring way it was earlier.
    Seeing as the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative on cast times on ultimates

awful clunky gameplay

first of all you are basing that information and statement on just you, your friends, and those who think like you.
    but there is Huge amount of people in eso. the developers have even stated there is an upwards of over 11 MILLION Accounts in the player database, so to claim that everyone wants it just because you and your friends want it is just not true and honestly, quite selfish.
    'if you want to know how people honestly feel about any change of anything in eso, then you need to reach out to every player via Email and @account and ask them Directly, instead of just making assumptions that just because the people you normaly speak with and guild members and friends feel like because honestly thats just an unfair and false statement and purely assumption. especially when you look at the fact that all my friends guild mates and people i play with all love the cast times.
    please be fair.

Cast times on ultimates aren't going to stop you "dying to massive damage in 1 second". Abilities have a global cooldown and if players time their ultimates on you they will still hit at the same time.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »

awful clunky gameplay

please be fair.

Cast times on ultimates aren't going to stop you "dying to massive damage in 1 second". Abilities have a global cooldown and if players time their ultimates on you they will still hit at the same time.

^^ what all the zerglings cant understand.
    yes you can trick people but in lag and already buggy combat, casttimes are bs
    lets compare take flight to incap

take flight. has a travel time. BUT locks on. 100% chance to hit
    incap has a cast time. can miss if target strafes, dodges, cloaks, or flees.

note: not saying to nerf take flight just using it as an example
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i hope never, me and my guild mates and friends love the cast times

awful clunky gameplay

Does that seriously not sound bad to your ears when you say it out loud?
  • izanagiprime
    izanagiprime
    ✭✭
    When enough time has passed for ZOS to make it look like a change rather than reverting a bad change.

So... Next patch?
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

So... Next patch?

Hopefully but I doubt it. It's still fresh in peoples minds.
    Edited by Zevrro on October 31, 2019 8:59AM
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭

awful clunky gameplay

please be fair.

This guy...dood you’re a zergling. “Me and my guild mates” gives it away. You are the people who got tired of being bursted by good players. You got X’d so much and you complained that animation cancelling was cheating, now we have to deal with this.

You say that these cast times allow for more skill and timing, when in fact they allow for one’s opponent to more easily counter one’s ultimate without even knowing they are doing it. This game lags a lot. Because of this, if a player times their ult to hit someone, there’s a siginficant chance that the player has input a dodge roll or a heal on their end which the ult-using player doesn’t see until after the ability has fired.

It just doesn’t work in this game!
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Should be no cast times on anything. Channeled skills are fine but cast times just don't work.

Eh.... well that removes one dimension from the game. Cast times are good when used correctly such as dark exchange on sorcs so you can’t just immediately convert resources. Having a cast time on skills creates a nice risk reward trade off so I don’t see why they should all be removed.

As for OP I don’t think cast times will be removed any time soon.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast times on ultimates are in the same bag as faction locks - which is to say that, while a majority of feedback says they're dumb, they won't be removed as they make the game more friendly to casual players.

The existence of these two things has definitely caused me to lose a lot of love with the game, though.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilvoth , you need to put a damper on your anti animation cancelling agenda. [removed baiting comment]

Cast times punish players good and bad. Ultimates are an important part of killing and we’re in a tickle fight meta. There’s no reason I should be able to tank 6+ people without dodgerolling as a medium armor, 3 damage set stamden. Somehow, I can rock all damage (7k max damage, perpetually around 5k) and 50% damage mitigation before minor protection and I still just have to hope people are grossly underprepared for an ultimate combo.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 3, 2019 2:11PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma