Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Set destination markers on map disappear on quitting the game. Please change.

Aurie
Aurie
✭✭✭✭✭
Can @ZOS please have set destinations on the ingame map endure beyond quitting the game for whatever reason?

It's very irritating to come back for the next gaming session to find that, having found and marked what you were looking for, those symbols have disappeared.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The what?
    Edited by themaddaedra on October 30, 2019 3:47PM
    PC|EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They also move/disappear if you mark a zone before warping to it. It is very annoying.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The what?

When you open your ingame map and look at the options under it, you will see (F) set destination. Using this, you can place a symbol on the map marking the exact location of somewhere you want to travel to. It may be the location of a treasure map that you have looked up, a survey report, a point of interest, or any number of other things.

But as soon as you log out of the game (I don't mean just switching characters) the symbols disappear.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why would you need to save a location after you've visited it? You can only place one map marker after all. I often find it annoying that the map marker isn't deleted when I port to another zone and have forgotten to turn it off.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    And why would you need to save a location after you've visited it? You can only place one map marker after all. I often find it annoying that the map marker isn't deleted when I port to another zone and have forgotten to turn it off.

Because the usefulness is not after you have visited that location, but before to help find it.

Don't forget you can place markers in a zone from any other zone you are in at the time, just by bringing up the map of the zone you want to place the marker in. So if you were able to also remove them, that would apply too.

And yes it would be even more useful to be able to place more than one marker at a time, and to be able to remove markers you no longer need.

@ZOS, could you take note of that as well, please.

• LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS yes, please!!! More markers!! And that they don't disappear unless we make them.

There could always be an option in the settings like, "Remove waypoint upon arrival" on/off.
    It would remove it automatically once we reached a waypoint if it was on. If it was off, we'd have to manually remove it from the map ourselves.
    It would be fantastic.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP makes a good point ... the map marker functionality is pretty limited to the same zone your character occupies.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also be nice for those of us on console if we could permanently mark survey locations and treasure chest (the maps, not world chests) once we found them.