The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

alliance swap

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Please read it. This idea solves whole conflict about locked campaigns. Everyone can play their toons wherever they want, noCP included. On top of that lock stays making sure we can't abuse some mechanics as easy. Everyone (or most of us) is happy, everyone praise you, PvP becames great again, you are promoted to president of ZOS, and then who knows? Whole country? :D

Edit: by "this" I mean:
    max_only wrote: »
    All they have to do is this example:

I start Kaal on a Dc. It locks the campaign to DC for my account. Any character I bring into Kaal has to fight for DC.

No faction change token required or character re-scripting required.

Shia-LaBeouf-really-wants-you-to-justdoit.jpg

. the devs really need a win rn.

Yes, they do need a win. Not window dressing to distract us from what really needs to be done. But I do understand some would think this is a "win" and could care less about the server performance and game systems working properly. We all have different standards.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Faction swop tokens would be cool, or at least a way to turn off any race any alliance.

The way I understand it is your faction changes if you race change to another alliance’s race if you don’t have the DLC. If you have the DLC you’re stuck.

No. If you doNt have the “any race any alliance” upgrade on your account and you want to race change your Altmer you can only change it to Khajiit or Bosmer. That’s it. You are completely unable to change to Breton unless you have that ARAA upgrade. If you do have the upgrade then sure you can change to Breton but you will still be locked to AD.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks ruin fun
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shouldn't have to pay a million gold or AP to play with my friends. This is not a high-stakes e-sport. Any road block to doing something as simple as playing with my friends is simply going to stop from playing or giving any more money to the company. Faction locks have not impacted the game positively for anyone I know or have spoken with about it at all.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that i really think mine or anyone else's opinion in this thread will make any difference, but i don't see how just locking all your characters to whatever alliance you queue in for isnt the best compromise.

I do, however, understand this might not be as easy to do as it seems like it should be.

At the very least they need to do something about the 100k ap cost per character to change. There should be zero cost, or maybe a one time per account cost - 100k unlock, 100k lock...per account.

Currently, i only play one or two days a week...i luckily had enough to unhome my 4 ep characters from kaal, but only one of my ad was able to home in kaal. Ridiculous.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if people wanted alliance lock or unlocked campaigns, they would be in that campaign.
    only a few small group wanted it.
    the rest of us are enjoying the campaign locked.
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 18, 2019 12:57AM
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    if people wanted it, they would be there.

[snip]

It's not so much that the majority likes (or dislikes) lock, it's more that the majority didn't care either way, and a small amount either wanted lock or no lock.

So its less 1/4 of pvp players are unhappy while the rest are happy, and more like 1/4 is happy, 1/4 is annoyed, and everyone else doesn't care...until it affects them.

Edit to remove politics.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 18, 2019 1:08AM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if people wanted it, they would be there.

If when they introduced the unlocked server they had stuck it at top, reset everyone's campaign and moved the locked server down to its own section. I wonder what the most populated server would be? Could you make the same argument in that situation? See Gatdangmayne's post above.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN IN THIS CAMPAIGN ALL YOUR GOLD AND YOUR ARMORS AND ALL YOU OWN ON YOUR CHARACTERS WILL BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY"

do you think people will stay there?
    i bet they would leave, WHY?
    because we would NOT want our gold and armors removed.

zenimax gives us a very clear message each campaign.

IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN IN THIS CAMPAIGN ALL YOUR CHARACTERS WILL BE LOCKED IN THIS ALLIANCE ONLY!

that is sending a very very clear message to us and at that time each person makes the decision if they want that.
    OR if they want to go to a campaign that DOES NOT have locks and has instead allows for completely open that allows ALL of their characters to play instead of the locked campaign.
    and you know what?

the people chose to STAY in the locked campaigns.
    that is sending a very clear message that people want the locked campaign.

if they did NOT want that, they would not be there.

Edited by Gilvoth on December 18, 2019 1:21AM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN IN THIS CAMPAIGN ALL YOUR GOLD AND YOUR ARMORS AND ALL YOU OWN ON YOUR CHARACTERS WILL BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY"

do you think people will stay there?
    i bet they would leave, WHY?
    because we would NOT want our gold and armors removed.

zenimax gives us a very clear message each campaign.

IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN IN THIS CAMPAIGN ALL YOUR CHARACTERS WILL BE LOCKED IN THIS ALLIANCE ONLY!

that is sending a very very clear message to us and at that time each person makes the decision if they want that.
    OR if they want to go to a campaign that DOES NOT have locks and has instead allows for completely open that allows ALL of their characters to play instead of the locked campaign.
    and you know what?

the people chose to STAY in the locked campaigns.
    that is sending a very clear message that people want the locked campaign.

if they did NOT want that, they would not be there.

Except in reality people don't actually practically get a choice where to play.

In order to PVP you need someone to play against. The unlocked campaign has no competitive population. This is because it's launch was mismanaged, and started in the middle of a campaign instead of during a transition. It's because the PVP population has plummeted due to performance issues, and it's because it costs players AP/Gold to swap their home campaign to go play there, thus prohibiting them from receiving rewards, without paying up.

Lets talk hard anecdotes for a sec here. In regards to the faction locked server I wish to play on DC for the month. However I have 12 or so EP characters, probably more. The guild I am with recently changed their alliance, to DC and plays on the only server with anything regularly going on: the server at the top of the list, the Faction locked one.

I need to pay over a million gold or ap to play on that server with my 1 DC character for maybe 1 day a week. That's what faction lock has done for me personally. It has prevented me from playing the part of the game I want to, with the friends i have made over the 5 years I have played the game for. Why? I cannot think of anything positive that has come out of that situation for me.

So explain to me how that situation which I'm 100% certain is not the only one of it's kind entices me to keep playing and spending money on the game that I cannot play with my friends because of an arbitrary restriction that has no basis in logic?

So the choice that was made for me is that since I'm not going to throw away my hard earned currency I'm not allowed to play how I want.

A helpful person has informed me of a workaround for my situation but the point I made still stands as I wouldn't have been able to arrive at this solution on my own. The situation has created more problems than it has solved especially for those with limited play time.

Further Edit The workaround sadly did not actually solve the problem.
    Edited by sharquez on December 18, 2019 2:33AM
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Faction lock is great for the few people who want it and play only one color ever...for literally everyone else it is at best a mild inconvenience and at worst literally stops them from playing with their friends.

Any petty argument about stopping "trolls" or whatever is weak in comparison, and that's without considering that anyone that dedicated to being toxic can easily make another account and swap around no problem.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    All they have to do is this example:

I start Kaal on a Dc. It locks the campaign to DC for my account. Any character I bring into Kaal has to fight for DC.

No faction change token required or character re-scripting required.

This is quite good solution and I can't see any reasons why it couldn't be done like this.

Im sure some faction elitist zerglings will come here and give us some weird reason like cheating, spying or whatever else they think up.

It would be nice though, my faction is currently the nightcapping/ zergling faction and it would be nice to swap to another faction for better fights.

Id be fine with that, as long as the lock stays in place, i dont care who ppl fight for, adds more immersion anyway because mercenaries are a huge business in TES.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    my main is ad. but my friend is dc.
    thats the problem. DC currently is somehow the most popular and desired alliance.

And AD during prime-time is just bad by all means:
    186bc95c77a611ecc49dd855b02d3586-full.jpg

As you can see players just quit from campaign due to DC overzerging. More and more skilled players joing DC, leading to more razor balls, that can melt any sized uncoordinated zerg.

Def not the case for pc eu. xD. Even with the night capping from dc, and morning capping of ep, no cp ad still won xD.