The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nord or Orc Stam Class

Eniredir
Eniredir
✭✭
So, for a PVE DPS and PVP, with the occasional tanking sometimes, would you guys say Nord or Orc? From what I see Orc has better damage in general and run speed, and Nord the resistances and ult charge. What do you think?
Cheers!
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eniredir wrote: »
    So, for a PVE DPS and PVP, with the occasional tanking sometimes, would you guys say Nord or Orc? From what I see Orc has better damage in general and run speed, and Nord the resistances and ult charge. What do you think?
    Cheers!

nord would be for pve trash and fofr pvp good
    but orc is in both good -> go with orc
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers!

Orc seems to be the master race right now. Yet there is something very compelling about the nords. Maybe its the viking feel that tickles me in a good way. At least dk and nord has the ultimate synergy. So pick the race you like the most :-)
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    Cheers!

Is the extra wep damage from orc that noticeable for pve?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord is a good PvP stamina race, ideal for especially Dk and warden.

Orc is a no brainer with any stam class really. Best synergy is probably with stamsorc and stamden if you're considering it for the running speed , but as I said it works well with any stam class.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 29, 2019 1:09PM
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭

Orc is a no brainer with any stam class really. Best synergy is probably with stamsorc and stamden if you're considering it for the running speed , but as I said it works well with any stam class.

I think the run speed is not a deal breaker since we have expedition on demand with wings, but how's the sustain of both of them?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My friend changed from redguard to Orc on stamcro. Gained about 8k DPS on the super dummy.

That being said, I’m a big fan of my Nord Stam Necro. It’s noticeably more tanky giving room for little mess ups here and there.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orc. Though I still love the sustain on my Redguard. But its Orc
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    So basically from what I've been reading Nord is better for PVP and you can build towards damage and Orc is more of a multi role race, however you have to build towards some resistances. Is this a correct assumption?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Norc
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Norc

How disgusting would a Norc look? Haha
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the run speed is not a deal breaker since we have expedition on demand with wings, but how's the sustain of both of them?

Depends on the build. Nord will have better sustain on a DK because ulti regen = sustain for DK. However, Orc has that extra wep damage passive which can be converted to sustain via mundus or jewelry glyphs if you want. But then again maybe you want some extra resistance on your build, which will require that you sacrifice some sustain or damage.. whereas Nord has resistance built-in. So many factors. The best thing is to figure out what kind of stats you're shooting for, and pick a race that will most easily help you reach those stats. The UESP build editor is awesome for figuring that stuff out.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit because...reasons.

Pe4yxQF.png
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord is a good tank. Interestingly enough, my magDK in PvP is Nord and the extra defense, stats I would normally have to build for through sets, and ult gain is great.

Orc is good all around. My Stam sorc is an orc. Orc speed bonus+minor expedition+steed mundus+major expedition is a real blast in PvP.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    Cheers!

Is the extra wep damage from orc that noticeable for pve?

yea it is
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord got extra tanky and ultimate regen. Orc delivers extra pain.

Honestly, both are really good. unless ur parsing on a dummy, there won't be a big difference at all...

PS: dead people do no DPS... that's why i pick Nord.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord is really strong in PVP on magDK as well. And I prefer my nord stamden to my orc stamden.

Orc is pretty much stam only.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord. Orcs are hideous