The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mobs INSIDE walls

Lapin_Logic
Lapin_Logic
✭✭✭✭✭
since Dragonhold a lot of Dungeons have mobs that can pass through walls, this makes combat very difficult and getting Achievements almost impossible, Dungeons I have seen this on are Banished Cells 1 and Vaults of Madness.
i only say those 2 as i have not been in many but i go in those 2 regular for my golden skull with a friend
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This also in Delves and Public Dungeons. They can also hit you with projectiles through walls.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These crazy, overly powerful, people keep chasing after them. They killed all of their friends and family. Where else to hide?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I've seen several delve mobs and bosses get stuck in walls since Dragonhold launched.

In some of these cases, the enemies don't actually get stuck in geometry as such, but rather they somehow ended up standing on parts of the map which are not accessible to the player - such as unreachable ledges, unclimbable piles of rubble, etc.

Kinda like the infamous "corner bug" which was present in the early Tomb Raider games, except here it applies to the enemies instead of to the player character.

In particular, dolmen mobs frequently "pop up" onto the central pedestal while trying to reach a player standing on the opposite side of it.
    This tended to happen, on average, at least once for every dolmen which I've soloed this update.
    majulook wrote: »
    They can also hit you with projectiles through walls.
    That has been happening since ages (Summerset update maybe?). Nothing new.
    Although I do agree that it is an utterly moronic design decision - imagine all the salt if players could do that in PvP, thus completely negating line of sight as a defensive mechanic!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then we definitely need to get our Passwall spell back (from Arena).
    The mightiest and most useful spell of all times would come in extremely handy here. Mob hiding in a wall? No prob. Just blast the wall out of existence and take the new shortcut to the next room.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on October 29, 2019 7:37AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=