The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Power slam over dizzying swing?

Valabrog
Valabrog
✭✭✭
Just came back to the game after a long break and trying to adapt. For stamden in PVP - can I use power slam instead of dizzying swing now? It hits as hard now, seems. Dizzying was hard to land on decent players, but it had great reward in success – now, with knockback removed, it barely worth it (imo).

So does burst potential is going to suffer from making snb bar my main bar and using combo like sa-ha-power-la-dbos (switch)-execute. I imagine I can also weave la-power/ransack-bash into short bursts from time to time instead of trying to hit skilled in movement players with shalks and also dizzying.

Or should I stay and practice dizzying further? Im into competitive PVP, both large scale group and 1v1 mostly.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy is a challenge. You now have to hit with dizzy and then hit with a partially charged heavy to stun the player. So pain in the ass but doable.

Snb reay does gimp your damage though. Its not ideal but depending on your swap cancling you could still try slam/reverbrating on your backbar and swap cancling to your damage bar for the dbs/sub hit and bird/execute. A little timing is required but i do a similar thing with stam dk.

I sort of like that they did this nerf to dizzy. Encouraged to be more creative now. Used to run it on sorc/dk/templar/warden. Not anymore.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would use the power Slam to hit a light attack is easier than a partially charged heavy.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dizzying change allows for better control of cc timing. Off balance makes the heavy attack give double resources back and does increased damage. With cp it also gives 10% damage boost curtesy of exploiter passive. If you had few issues landing it before then you will likely be able to deal with this change and/or like it. If you struggled to land it you likely won’t be able to deal with it.

The issue with SnB is that, as the guy before me said, it is significantly more utility than damage now. It is now mostly for tanks or backbar spell reflect. I tried using it backbar with my stamsorc with ransack for the maj fracture and minor protection and it wasn’t bad persay, but it wasn’t about the damage at all.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Dizzy is a challenge. You now have to hit with dizzy and then hit with a partially charged heavy to stun the player. So pain in the ass but doable.

Snb reay does gimp your damage though. Its not ideal but depending on your swap cancling you could still try slam/reverbrating on your backbar and swap cancling to your damage bar for the dbs/sub hit and bird/execute. A little timing is required but i do a similar thing with stam dk.

I sort of like that they did this nerf to dizzy. Encouraged to be more creative now. Used to run it on sorc/dk/templar/warden. Not anymore.

Thanks for your input!
    Heh, being creative is possible for veteran players :) Newbies gonna have harder time adapting. Prob gonna try shalks and slam on snb bar with dbos and exe on secondary 2h. Damn, I used to like to have all offensives on my main bar :(
    I believe having reverb on secondary snb bar is not a new thing - switching for stun and back just to land dizzy and shalks will be even more useful.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could also consider invasion for the longer stun and gap closer. Damage is worse and costs a bit more but may free up a slot if you used leash, or could use the added utility.
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    The tooltip values for each skill are relatively similar and you can put out some pretty good burst with the PS>LA>BASH. The tooltip is about 1.8k less than Dizzy with no cast time. Finishing becomes an issue. DBoS in its current form is not a viable Ultimate. Power Slam does not have a stun and is the same skill as Reverb which does stun. Reverb can't be weaved because it only hits the full damage on successful CCs after they break. The only other stun option is Shield Charge which due to the travel time cannot be adequately swap cancelled to Onslaught before the CC is broken and they roll dodge. Every other available stun can be broken and rolled by the average player before Onslaught can land. Including Turn Evil, Reverb, and Binding Javelin(Templar).

But back to your question. Yes you can weave Power Slam and the damage is really good compared to the new Dizzy. Unfortunately you won't be able to finish any player who knows how to CC break and block/dodge.

• Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Nicalas wrote: »
    The tooltip values for each skill are relatively similar and you can put out some pretty good burst with the PS>LA>BASH. The tooltip is about 1.8k less than Dizzy with no cast time. Finishing becomes an issue. DBoS in its current form is not a viable Ultimate. Power Slam does not have a stun and is the same skill as Reverb which does stun. Reverb can't be weaved because it only hits the full damage on successful CCs after they break. The only other stun option is Shield Charge which due to the travel time cannot be adequately swap cancelled to Onslaught before the CC is broken and they roll dodge. Every other available stun can be broken and rolled by the average player before Onslaught can land. Including Turn Evil, Reverb, and Binding Javelin(Templar).

But back to your question. Yes you can weave Power Slam and the damage is really good compared to the new Dizzy. Unfortunately you won't be able to finish any player who knows how to CC break and block/dodge.

So probably gonna practice dizz further and put reverb or invasion on snb backbar for stun.

Thanks all for clarification :)
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Nicalas wrote: »

And onslaught is new ult for pvp?
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not use Cutting Dive. Its damage is worse than Power Slam and it's very slow.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i feel power slam's stacking mechanism is really weak. says 5% that stacks 10x, but after full stack, i went from 10k to 12k damage on PvE mob.

i dunno if it's just me or....

maybe ill go back to Reverb.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy is not worth using anymore,
    Davadin wrote: »
    i feel power slam's stacking mechanism is really weak. says 5% that stacks 10x, but after full stack, i went from 10k to 12k damage on PvE mob.

The stacking damage thing is useless, but power slam has more base damage than just about any other spammable.

Compare it’s tooltip to other spammables next time your’re online, it’s pretty significant.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    So im literally confused now :D
    How do YOU play your stamdens today?

I quess its onslaught instead of dbos?
    And what do you use for burts along with sa?
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The stacking damage thing is useless, but power slam has more base damage than just about any other spammable.

Compare it’s tooltip to other spammables next time your’re online, it’s pretty significant.

Power slam has exactly the same damage as other spammables, like surprise attack, with the same stats of course.

The 10 to 12k on a mons though could be the extra 50% damage is additive with other percentage amps. So if you have a base of 5k then like 30% from cp or whatever, that 30% takes 5k to 6.5k. with the 50% from resentment, that percentage amps go to 80%, so 5k*1.8= 9k instead of 6.5k *1.5, which would be 9,750.

Big fan of power slam here. Much fun to use.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's about the same or lower as my DK stoneFist.... even same cost (after DK's 990-stam regain bonus passive). and it has range.

so my dillema is more Dizzy or StoneFist, and after a few days playing, I'll stick with Dizzy.

because the way people heal themselves and lack of DoT power, u NEED every bit of burst power and Dizzy still wins.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power slam has potential on paper, but it is just soo clunky use both use and weave. It needs to be way more responsive.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    It's ok'ish (Power Slam) but even with less damage Heroic Slash or Deep Slash provides a decent buffs/defensive stats. Since they nerfed Sword and Shield, the majority of the brawler class lost the pressure and a decent stun, now sDK has less pressure and lacks a good stun, feelsbadman. Also lost the defile, which it's kinda necessary on this healing beast patch =( .

Dizzying Swing it's worthless in the server situtation, most of the fights the lag in Cyro it's quite high making almost impossible to land/burst a timeble hit to at least give some adequate damage, it's also quite easy to predict, block and get away, usually just to get behind target it's enough to cancel the skill.

Heroic Slash or Deep Slash it's what's left for now, even with the reduced damage, it's easy to CA. I'm kinda liking Deep Slash because when Corrosive Armor it's up, the AoE damage together with Noxious Breath gives a good presure on close quarters combat situtation against multiples players. If you still want to use Dizzying Swing, use with Fury, Truth and Blessing of Potentates backbar.