The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Poll: [PVP] How much sustain do you run with?

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
I have seen a lot of complaints re: sustain lately, and I'm curious what everyone is running with. Since it has been my experience that there is typically a [not insignificant] difference in the amount of sustain required in PVE vs PVP, I have limited the question to PVP.

Based on some of the threads I've read, I get the nagging suspicion that part of the issue may be that a lot of people are running 3x damage sets with 3x infused weapon/spell damage glyphs & then wondering why they're running out of resources relative to the people running sustain sets and/or sustain glyphs.

Best regards
Edited by Langeston on October 27, 2019 4:29PM

Poll: [PVP] How much sustain do you run with? 100 votes

0-500 (LOL, WTF?)
2%
dracul813darkblue5 2 votes
501-1000
11%
THEDKEXPERIENCESkoomahsly007SomewhereAraviel2GreatGildersleeveCrixus8000b95fisterCenturionaxhuskandhungerdzastam 11 votes
1001-1300
13%
WillhelmBlackeovogtb16_ESOEnOeZfelinith66Lokey0024Bobby_V_RockitAAbrigo6lackzeu5Thogardp00txGrianasteriPopotoSaladJayKwellen 13 votes
1301-1600
17%
ola.wilhelmssonb16_ESOkojouSFxxKANExxMojomonkeymanZer0_CooLpsychotic13KaraBela94jlboozerGrimlok_Shelios777oXI_Viper_IXoAsafvmCundu_ErturVizirithYsbrielShanehereImSoPro 17 votes
1601-1900
19%
SolarikenGilvothtechnohicShaloknirTBoisCillion3117Oberon45ku5hKadoinJurand80vesselwiththepestleWoppaBoemNicalasKeewoSendirraGhostofDatthawchrighttcaperbTheo_VVS 19 votes
1901-2200
22%
TryxusIruil_ESODUTCH_REAPERwookikiller95FiraadirondacksusmitdsAnyronOrjixLordLomaxTolinogepe87Ragnarock41eco_TRNerftheforumsArgonianwerecroc212Xologamerjuhislihis19Fawn4287Rahar 22 votes
2201-2500
12%
B3Nwsmith97ub17_ESOSnowZeniaAedarylMCBIZZLE300iomgi87colossalvoidsOdovacarIskiabRatchetKaartaugrimKhazek 12 votes
2501+
4%
AmourerosZeroXFFThePedgeLangeston 4 votes
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1601-1900
    My magdk sustain is ruined and the class is gone for me. Running 1800+ and still run out half of the time. My magwarden is awesome with a solid 1300 - 1600 I am fine in all situations.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1901-2200
    Varies widely between class and builds.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to keep my sustain around 1902-2200 nb needs to hit hard and stay in the fight.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1901-2200
    Can't have a medium build work without proper sustain, especially in no-CP. With continuous assault and potion passive Its easy to break over 2k stam regen.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 27, 2019 5:15PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varies widely between build type and purpose. On some stam builds I can run as low as 800ish. Most builds are in the 1200-1700 range though.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the class, I’ve had some real low base regen on stam dk under 1k for an example. Sustain also feels different going from class to class and from stam to mag. 2k regen isn’t necessarily going to feel like 2k regen on another class or spec.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my mag DK 1150 give or take. Stam blade I run 2200, run one infused cost reduction as well. Probably could change it to weapon damage. Stam sorc 1900.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    all depends on the build I'm running. My Stamblade sits about 1500-1600, my magplar currently sits at 800 (don't really need anymore, its argonian), my bombblade sits at 625, my stamden is about 1100 or so. Sustain isn't that bad, it's about resource management. Either you can do it or you can't. Those really good players you see are very good at resource management and burst timing.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1901-2200
    My mag blade is 2000. My mdk is 1600
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is that poll for buffed stats or base?
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    1301-1600
    Unbuffed magplar, but as mentioned by others it can vary wildly by build. I run elemental drain and rune. Fully buffed, presuming an average of one attack on the enemy every two secs (instead of the possible 1), I have effective mag regen of around 2600
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1601-1900
    Can't have a medium build work without proper sustain, especially in no-CP. With continuous assault and potion passive Its easy to break over 2k stam regen.

Ohh yeah I guess that's a good point. @Langeston are you asking base or buffed, because I voted base not buffed
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    1901-2200
    Let's not forget sets like Trappings of Invigoration or Essence Thief.

When base recovery is always every 2 seconds, ie. Trappings give you 252 stam per second, so 504 "recovery". Essence Thief gives you 390 stamina per second, so 780 "recovery".

I would say if I just pack stamina recovery, it is buffed 1900-2200. Little more with potion with Major Endurance on it. Exception: my StamCer actually has 2400-2500 because of Bone Pirate + great passive.

If I use Essence Thief, my base recovery is usually max 1500.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    1901-2200
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Is that poll for buffed stats or base?

I understood it's buffed with the usual buffs, maybe Continuos Attack as well.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2201-2500
    Depends on the class and spec. Answered as a BG magblade.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1901-2200
    My sustain is in the range of 1901 to 2200 most of the time, but can get buffed by certain skills, sets or passives even above 4k for short timeperiods (Trollking and such stuff).
    Edited by L_Nici on October 28, 2019 1:43PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    501-1000
    As others have mentioned, this depends on class and build. And there is a lot of other stuff that can aid sustain other than recovery :)
    Edited by Crixus8000 on October 28, 2019 2:19PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2800 stamblade lol. Maybe even more.

Bone pirate+Eternal Hunt.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    1301-1600
    I think 1400-1500 is the perfect amount of sustain to run for a person who is experienced with the game and their specific class, and I think 1700-1800 is a great cushion for newer or inexperienced pvp players who are still getting the hang of the combat.

I think if you answered in the 2000+ range then you are playing way too safe, or you're over buffing yourself or overcasting your skills on your enemies, excessively dodgerolling (looking at you, nightblades), or you just have one of those ticks where you like to cast stuff when you're bored.
  • Amoureros
    Amoureros
    ✭✭✭
    2501+
    3650 on my magwarden. Other class, usually 2000
    Edited by Amoureros on October 28, 2019 3:46PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1601-1900
    it aint enough is all i know
    needs more sustain.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    1901-2200
    Typically around 2k unless I'm on a sorc.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    501-1000
    I have no idea if this is relevant any longer as I have not played in a few months but I always thought that sustain on my Magplar main was a bit overrated if you used just the regen stat pool for it. I always did better with a massive magicka pool of 50K or so and equipped spells that gave me back resources.

I’m weird but it definitely can work. I wasn’t able to pull this off on toons outside of Magplar though. Magsorc probably could but I’m not sure.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0-500 (LOL, WTF?)
    Don't need sustain on a loading screen :trollface:
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1001-1300
    I don't feel like I really need a lot of sustain if I build bursty enough, so I prefer to go high mag+high spell dmg on my Magplar rather than heavily defensive with a ton of regen. If you kill them quickly enough, you don't need to outlast them in a drawn out fight.

Bloodspawn 1 heavy/1 med (all the defense you need if you're comfortable with your class and not picking on zergs)
    Crafty Alfiq 5 light
    Overwhelming Surge jewels (all spell dmg with one bloodthirsty) and weapon (returns mag when actively procced on back bar)
    Masters Destro (cost reduction for main spammable)
    Disastrously Bloody Mara
    tri-stat and unstoppable potions

This brings me to around 47k max mag on my front bar, 15.5k stam, and 24.5k health with my mag and stam regen pretty close to being the same with a tri-stat pot active. If I'm feeling too squishy that day, I swap out Overwhelming for Armor Master.

If I can't do something with this without having sustain issues, the problem is with how I'm playing. It means I'm either over-spamming a skill, or I'm in a fight with someone way better than me and I'm just prolonging the inevitable butt-kicking and need to either give up and die, or find some way to reset and find another target. Everyone plays differently though, so this is just what works for me.

Edited by p00tx on October 28, 2019 7:34PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    501-1000

p00tx wrote: »
    I don't feel like I really need a lot of sustain if I build bursty enough, so I prefer to go high mag+high spell dmg on my Magplar rather than heavily defensive with a ton of regen. If you kill them quickly enough, you don't need to outlast them in a drawn out fight.

Bloodspawn 1 heavy/1 med (all the defense you need if you're comfortable with your class and not picking on zergs)
    Crafty Alfiq 5 light
    Overwhelming Surge jewels (all spell dmg with one bloodthirsty) and weapon (returns mag when actively procced on back bar)
    Masters Destro (cost reduction for main spammable)
    Disastrously Bloody Mara
    tri-stat and unstoppable potions

This brings me to around 47k max mag on my front bar, 15.5k stam, and 24.5k health with my mag and stam regen pretty close to being the same with a tri-stat pot active. If I'm feeling too squishy that day, I swap out Overwhelming for Armor Master.

If I can't do something with this without having sustain issues, the problem is with how I'm playing. It means I'm either over-spamming a skill, or I'm in a fight with someone way better than me and I'm just prolonging the inevitable butt-kicking and need to either give up and die, or find some way to reset and find another target. Everyone plays differently though, so this is just what works for me.

This is a very good example of how I’ve always played. Now just take everything you do and make it 10 to 20% more extreme. You have plenty of time to recoup resources when your opponent is dead.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on October 28, 2019 7:41PM