Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ganking in dragonhold

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
Soo hows ganking in dragonhold?
and what builds are people using?
obviously new moon acolyte is a new great gank set but what are people combining it with.
spriggans is an obvious one. but what about new moon and swamp raider? the damage could be insane.
also what gank styles? is the onslaught gank any good now? and is there any new styles/builds lurking around?
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s very tasty
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking of mankind a Stan nb for now ganking
    Any ideas? I was thinking Markmans and something else with Molag Kena one piece
    Running a khajit
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bdawwg wrote: »
    Running a khajit

Id run slimecraw. Maybe marksman with the new moon acolyte? Penetration might be low though.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running a khajit

Been going overly hard on some stam ganks.
    Traditional 2h/bow
    Balorgh/New Moon/Spriggan's/Master Bow (for harder ganks)
    Useless bowgank
    Balorgh/Kena/New Moon/Spriggan's/Blessing of the Potentates Potatos Greatsword (Should be defending but they're $$$)

Getting back into the swing of ganking is weird after doing heavy bleedblade stuff.

Want to try New Moon on a magblade ganker (like the rare Spell Strat/Spinner's/Balorgh build) but it may just be worse than Spell Strat there.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Running a khajit

Been going overly hard on some stam ganks.
    Traditional 2h/bow
    Balorgh/New Moon/Spriggan's/Master Bow (for harder ganks)
    Useless bowgank
    Balorgh/Kena/New Moon/Spriggan's/Blessing of the Potentates Potatos Greatsword (Should be defending but they're $$$)

Getting back into the swing of ganking is weird after doing heavy bleedblade stuff.

Want to try New Moon on a magblade ganker (like the rare Spell Strat/Spinner's/Balorgh build) but it may just be worse than Spell Strat there.

ive been thinking that the snipe + incap combo will be stronger now. we can run focused aim instead and then get more pen.
    new moons line of pen with spriggans / spinners will be insane. i really want to try these out but im on xbox so...
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Onslaught gank.
    Strenght of automation (sword singer) + Clever Alchemist + Balroghs.
    Shadow stone, a mix of impen and divines.

o5EyP98.png
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Onslaught gank.

o5EyP98.png

Hm...that chatbox name in the picture...
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    I've been running this for some months in noCP :

Spriggan front bar with 2pc Dro for the penetration / Shadow Walker backbar.Balorgh 2pc. Almost all divines, lover mundus.

2H backbar with LA > Crushing Weapon > Onslaught. Crush Wep usually hits for ~6k; Onslaught for 7-14k.

Front bar is DW daggers, camo hunter and almost 60% crit. What you lose out on straight damage from New Moon you gain on back-to-back kills because of Shadow Walker... that set is hard to give up.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    nekura wrote: »
    I've been running this for some months in noCP :

Spriggan front bar with 2pc Dro for the penetration / Shadow Walker backbar.Balorgh 2pc. Almost all divines, lover mundus.

2H backbar with LA > Crushing Weapon > Onslaught. Crush Wep usually hits for ~6k; Onslaught for 7-14k.

Front bar is DW daggers, camo hunter and almost 60% crit. What you lose out on straight damage from New Moon you gain on back-to-back kills because of Shadow Walker... that set is hard to give up.

try meditate. its not as easy to use but great for sustain
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    why run spriggans when 2h ulti gives all pen you need and ignores resis anyways? I've also been wanting to gank this patch but cant find a good combo/sets i use to just use the old wrecking blow 2h combo but that was like back in morrowind. Anyways I'd like to hear some more about this if anyone is willing to share
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    balorghs obviously, what about the other 2 sets maybe auto or sword singer? I dont really like the idea of clever because you would have to be in combat to proc it im just trying to get people who are unaware if i dont then reset
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Onslaught gank.

o5EyP98.png

what would you replace clever with if you had to?
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    what would you replace clever with if you had to?

Basically you want raw Weapon damage so you have some options

Strength of the Automaton (SotA) and Sword Singers. I don't like this because I like to Snipe in Cryo but if you are more BGs focused this can work.

SotA and Flanking strategist. Depends on how good a ganker you are but I find way too chaotic to know if I am fighting face to face or backstabbing

SotA and Hundings rage. I have used this before and it's surprisingly good, it's nice in that you get that healing boost from just having straight weapon damage but... I had to put tri-stat hp glyphs on my large pieces to feel healthy enough to fight.

SotA and Ancient Dragongaurd. This is the same as above except that you get an extra 129 weapon damage boost but lose the 300 weapon damage when you are low on hp. This might be your best option but since it's new I have never tried it.