The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Draining shot nerf

Daimonion82
Daimonion82
✭✭✭
OK, I was patient long enough, but this nerf is unacceptable. Removing BOTH knocback and stun? Really? What next? Removing all skills by making them completely useless?
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll to Magnum shot if u need knockback
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    Yes It was super good because it healed but now running backwards they catch you anyway with the snare I removed it from the bar and plan on switching it to Magnum shot.

I think it is also unacceptable they should give us an immovilization at least because the mobs catch you any way I only use it when i need a lot of healing, that rally does not cut it.

Clearly it was the best morph and they nerf it and well if you need knockback well it does not work in a lot of pve situations so it is still useful in pvp but i put it out of the bar, the good thing was that it healed and threw away mele now what is it good for?

I do not see the need of the nerf with the cc immunity because you can use magnum shot only every 6 seconds now so the skill is not that useful really.
    Edited by CynicK on October 26, 2019 2:41PM
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally speaking it was a buff to melee builds with bow off bar (since most already have good CC options, where as 60% ranged snare isn't as common), but a terrible undeserved nerf to bow builds, which now pretty much have to choose between two necessities:
    1. Knockback - necessary for kiting, securing kills with Ballista & pressuring opponent's stamina pool
      The only class with access to a decent ranged CC is stamplar, and even that one is just worse than Magnum Shot (Binding Javelin is a stun, not a knockback - also much less dmg than the magicka morph of javelin)
    2. Burst heal - necessary for surviving after burst (takes about 2-3 vigor->cloaks to heal back to full health after being bursted)
      No stamina class has access to a (good) burst heal outside Rally and Draining Shot, and slotting 2H on the off bar means no off barring Ballista, losing light attack pressure/Hawk Eye stacks when swapping to off bar etc (i.e. a bad bow build)

There would be no problem if bow builds had access to a good burst heal elsewhere, then every ranged stamina build could just run Magnum Shot for the CC & melee/ranged hybrids could pick between the two morphs.

But that's not the case right now, which leaves us with ranged stamina builds that lack necessary tools that literally every other class/build in the game has: every magicka build can slot a dmg shield or a burst heal, and they all have access to multiple ranged CCs (vamp drain, clench, class skills such as rune cage, javelin, cliff racer off balance etc).

It's also worth noting that bow now has two skills with a snare attached to them (Bombard 40% & Draining Shot 60%) - a few patches ago most skill trees were reworked to avoid such scenarios of overlapping debuffs within the same skill tree.

Bow needs serious reworking to make it fun again, and not only something people use when ganking or zerging people (usually involves the extremely skilled gameplay of spamming one button from 40m away, where not having a CC or a burst heal doesn't really matter).
    Edited by Decimus on October 26, 2019 3:21PM
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I was patient long enough, but this nerf is unacceptable. Removing BOTH knocback and stun? Really? What next? Removing all skills by making them completely useless?

And yet you are not patient enough to learn to play.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnum shot push you back too. Bad for melee builds. Wardens can use bird to stun, templars have javelin, sorc have streak, dks can use new spamable but it require skill to be similar to draining shot stun. You can stun with roll dodge off balance cp too.

But still the nerf is stupid.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time ago I tried magnum shot. Pushed me back during a fight through a bulkhead into an inaccessable part of the ship I was fighting on. I couldn't hurt my foe, foe couldn't hurt me, stuck in combat so no port out or /stuck or such. Had to put in a ticket and get ZoS to fix. Changed to other morph and would never use magnum shot again. Besides, I primarily value the healing part of the skill so want that morph. After the change though, it can't quite justify a slot on my archer's bar.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 27, 2019 11:27AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both morphs have their purpose now. Looks fine so far.

Adapt

@AcadianPaladin , Magnum shot doesn't push back the user anymore.
    Edited by kalunte on October 27, 2019 1:18PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to say that magnum shot could have a 2/3 second stun tied to it and not only the knockback to put it in line with other knockbacks.. but that's less unfair than what the skill used to have.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭

delete bow