The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are Sorcs getting 95% shields again?

Sedare
Sedare
✭✭✭
Since the new DLC came out, I've noticed sorcs in non-cp with massive shields. We're talking 95%. How is this possible again? Example would be observing a sorc not in combat or blocking for psijiic shield, sitting there with a one click shield refresh--shields weren't being stacked 1 after the other.

Are there gear sets that augment shields or give a, I'm just standing there doing nothing shield?

Thanks
  • majorana
    majorana
    ✭✭
    parabellum?
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 different shields cast one after the other, or barrier.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    2 different shields cast one after the other, or barrier.

@Gaggin is right ... or 3-4 shields with Sorc shield, healing ward, barrier, and proc shield like Brands of the Imperium. ;)

After which you can only see a roaming oval object ... and not a PvP player.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 26, 2019 1:28AM
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is notpossible with 1 shield. Shield strength is capped to 60% of max hp. You are seeing 2 shields for sure.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen this on playstation. Theres a few sorcs in cyrodiil casting 1 shield and there health bar turns pink.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phoenix set with a class shield?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be??? Yup Nerf Sorc...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to kill mag toons in non-cp: stun and root them untill they run out of stam. Shileds are costly too.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to kill mag toons in non-cp: stun and root them untill they run out of stam. Shileds are costly too.

But that's a lot of trouble when mag should be a free kill ...
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld’s Guidance is a hell of a drug :)
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cast Hardened and Harness magicka and you get a massive shield.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you complaining about active defense that costs about 10k mag per 6 seconds?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah everyone say CPs are not balanced, but it's the only thing that allows magicka toons to not get stun locked without gimping your character by using sets just to increase your stamina.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Yeah everyone say CPs are not balanced, but it's the only thing that allows magicka toons to not get stun locked without gimping your character by using sets just to increase your stamina.

No cp is far more balanced than cp pvp.. Atleast there arent that many idiots running around stones or trees
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe stop zerging one person down and they won't run around a tree?
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    No cp is far more balanced than cp pvp..

No, it is not. On non cp it's just more easily to kill people with zerg.
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    It is notpossible with 1 shield. Shield strength is capped to 60% of max hp. You are seeing 2 shields for sure.

I wonder, why there is no some cap on templar healings...
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No cp is far more balanced than cp pvp.. Atleast there arent that many idiots running around stones or trees

Because most people in no-CP are too inexperienced to kite and LoS.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

It probably has nothing to do with the sustain and mitigation you don’t get for free but have to use sets for in no cp.
  • Sedare
    Sedare
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Phoenix set with a class shield?

Nope, they were just sitting there full health (no combat was happening) with a massive shield.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It probably has nothing to do with the sustain and mitigation you don’t get for free but have to use sets for in no cp.

Mitigation? What for? Without CP, the most damaging things are proc sets.
    Been in no-CP couple of times, man. Overwhelming amount of inexperienced players. Of course, that's the point of no acquired long-term benefits. Stop putting yourselves on pedestals. Game is being made for CP, and you're no hero for fleeing it and facing new players.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Been in no-CP couple of times, man. Overwhelming amount of inexperienced players. Of course, that's the point of no acquired long-term benefits. Stop putting yourselves on pedestals. Game is being made for CP, and you're no hero for fleeing it and facing new players.

If it flatters your ego then keep claiming that everyone good over there is just a noob hunter. Meanwhile I'm about to play there against other 1000+ cp players whose builds don't get carried by champion points. :*
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If it flatters your ego then keep claiming that everyone good over there is just a noob hunter. Meanwhile I'm about to play there against other 1000+ cp players whose builds don't get carried by champion points. :*

No, you play against players whose builds get carried by sets. But keep flexing, it's quite entertaining, my friend!
    *pats head*
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you play against players whose builds get carried by sets. But keep flexing, it's quite entertaining, my friend!
    *pats head*

Sets don't help that much without attentive resource allocation in noncp. CP is very forgiving.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »

*pats head*

Sets don't help that much without attentive resource allocation in noncp. CP is very forgiving.

Yeah, sustain is a bit harder. But in return, you get to enjoy proc sets. And a lot of your battles can be won by your build, not your skill, because of the unforgiveness you mentioned.
    Pick your poison, I guess. Broken CP or set/build carries. But claiming to be on high ground because you play no-CP is just silly.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*pats head*

Yeah, sustain is a bit harder. But in return, you get to enjoy proc sets. And a lot of your battles can be won by your build, not your skill, because of the unforgiveness you mentioned.
    Pick your poison, I guess. Broken CP or set/build carries. But claiming to be on high ground because you play no-CP is just silly.

Just as silly as claiming no CP is filled mainly with inexperienced or bad players.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*pats head*

Just as silly as claiming no CP is filled mainly with inexperienced or bad players.

You think the game mode that eliminates total play time advantages is not attracting players without a lot of play time?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*pats head*

You think the game mode that eliminates total play time advantages is not attracting players without a lot of play time?

That implies that high CP means being proficient at PvP or even at all. Investing time and grinding doesn't make you good, not even at scripted and never changing events like PvE dungeon mechanics, and especially not against real players.
    Somehow I stumble across far more capped players in no CP than I meet low cp players.

Look, I niether deny that no CP has issues too nor that CP has good players. It just those condescending views like "there are mostly noobs in no CP" that irks me.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on November 4, 2019 11:41AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*pats head*

That implies that high CP means being proficient at PvP or even at all. Investing time and grinding doesn't make you good, not even at scripted and never changing events like PvE dungeon mechanics, and especially not against real players.
    Somehow I stumble across far more capped players in no CP than I meet low cp players.

Look, I niether deny that no CP has issues too nor that CP has good players. It just those condescending views like "there are mostly noobs in no CP" that irks me.

Because CP players have to deal with non-CP players always yelling from the rooftops how much more skilled they are and how CPs are a crutch.
    There are arguments for both sides. And I'm aware there are experienced, even good players in no-CP. From my personal experiences, however, there are also a lot new players. Which is to be expected, it is a beginner-friendly mode that you can jump in right after starting the game, which is good.
    Yes, CP are a bit odd right now, but removing them for PvP is not the answer. PvE is made for CPs, so there it goes. They just need a bit tuning. And for no-CP, the whole resource thing is not as bad as people like to sell it. With a sustain or hybrid set and sustain-stat food like Witchmother's, you're mostly fine. If anything, the stam issue for mag builds is way more imbalanced here.
    What I'm trying to say is that no one should look down on the other PvP mode. Lately, there has been a push in the community towards no-CP flexing, and I consider it inappropriate. I personally don't like no-CP and will happily overexaggerate my points why if I get the aforementioned vibe. That is all. Both modes have purpose, both modes have good and bad players, both modes have good and bad aspects. Just don't take it personally, I don't mean it.
    ...unless you're a Nightblade. Then you need nerfing and a whooping!
    >;3